Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 2, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #54,616 of 75,203
Indeed, the Trig Rain Thins, as suggested by @furyossa, are of excellent quality. Also, VE Ultra Thins in VE's Ex-Pack are very thin and great as well.

1622629044838.png
VE Ultra Thin

Ultra Thin, huh? Feels like I'm shopping for something, cough, completely different than earbud foams. Thanks a lot you two! Might as well try them both.

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #54,617 of 75,203
Ultra Thin, huh? Feels like I'm shopping for something, cough, completely different than earbud foams. Thanks a lot you two! Might as well try them both.
we even have a 001 lol

Jun 3, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #54,618 of 75,203
Been using my Smabat ST-10 Silvers for a few months now and after EQing them I don't think I'll need to buy any new headphones/buds for a while, very happy with them right now.

I used to use open back headphones but had to stop using them because I would get acne where the pads would sit on my face, so I moved to IEMs. Really missed that open feeling from open back feeling from my old headphones, so I when I was looking around for alternatives I found this thread which has been very helpful for me.

Not really much of an audiophile don't even use an amp or DAC because I'm lazy lol, so maybe I can't hear some of the finer details that people have critiqued on these buds. I'll just say that I'm very happy with my purchase.

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #54,619 of 75,203
Been using my Smabat ST-10 Silvers for a few months now and after EQing them I don't think I'll need to buy any new headphones/buds for a while, very happy with them right now.

I used to use open back headphones but had to stop using them because I would get acne where the pads would sit on my face, so I moved to IEMs. Really missed that open feeling from open back feeling from my old headphones, so I when I was looking around for alternatives I found this thread which has been very helpful for me.

Not really much of an audiophile don't even use an amp or DAC because I'm lazy lol, so maybe I can't hear some of the finer details that people have critiqued on these buds. I'll just say that I'm very happy with my purchase.
You are lucky because you find one pair that suit your needs. :beerchug:
BTW... Don't stay on this thread for long, because you will probably end up with the whole Smabat lineup :wink:

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #54,620 of 75,203

I much prefer the silver driver to the gold driver as far as the ST-10s goes. It is near smack dab in the middle of the original ST10 and M1Pro. It is also the exact same driver they put in their M2Pro and honestly don't hear that huge a difference between the M2Pro and the ST10s silver. Minor to say the least. Glad you like and enjoy them. I have been using the M2 and ST10s shells for DIY. I have many buds but I am finding I grab the original green ST10 or my M2Pro with 600ohm beryllium near 98% of the time.

Side note jumped back into the forum to mention I have some Galaxy Buds Live coming in later today. Can't wait to try these things out. Been interested for awhile and since I saw them for sure a good price snagged them. Have TWS iems but no buds and feel it's overdue to give them a go.

EDIT: furyossa's words of wisdom right there! haha. be warned this rabbit hole runs deep.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #54,622 of 75,203
You are lucky because you find one pair that suit your needs. :beerchug:
BTW... Don't stay on this thread for long, because you will probably end up with the whole Smabat lineup :wink:
Truth!
this is the one that seems good to me by Xinhs

You have a good eyes my friend. :thumbsup:
This guys cables are awesome. I ordered a braided copper for my S6Pro for my live performance needs and could not be more pleased. He even included a really nice grey case and 8 core cable along with it that is nicer than the standard lot of upgrade cables you see on Ali. This is the one I chose https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001738129525.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.3a994c4dzjUs0v

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #54,623 of 75,203
Truth!

This guys cables are awesome. I ordered a braided copper for my S6Pro for my live performance needs and could not be more pleased. He even included a really nice grey case and 8 core cable along with it that is nicer than the standard lot of upgrade cables you see on Ali. This is the one I chose https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001738129525.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.3a994c4dzjUs0v
Another beautiful cable from XINHS HIFI especially this beige tone. :beerchug:
The price is really reasonable and this would be an ideal solution for earbuds in my opinion, I mean 4 core cable with smaller profile for jack and connectors.
Minimalistic and elegant.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #54,624 of 75,203
I much prefer the silver driver to the gold driver as far as the ST-10s goes. It is near smack dab in the middle of the original ST10 and M1Pro. It is also the exact same driver they put in their M2Pro and honestly don't hear that huge a difference between the M2Pro and the ST10s silver. Minor to say the least. Glad you like and enjoy them. I have been using the M2 and ST10s shells for DIY. I have many buds but I am finding I grab the original green ST10 or my M2Pro with 600ohm beryllium near 98% of the time.

Side note jumped back into the forum to mention I have some Galaxy Buds Live coming in later today. Can't wait to try these things out. Been interested for awhile and since I saw them for sure a good price snagged them. Have TWS iems but no buds and feel it's overdue to give them a go.

EDIT: furyossa's words of wisdom right there! haha. be warned this rabbit hole runs deep.
Is there a big difference between M1Pro and M2Pro modular solutions? Is the use of the DIY driver easier and is there a difference in sound?

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #54,625 of 75,203
Just got the JCally EP09 and tbh i'm kinda disappointed with their sound. I don't know if my pair is faulty or what. But these sound so thin. There's almost no bass presence. Which makes them sound really dull and boring. Currently, i'm finding the NiceHck Traceless to sound way better and enjoyable than these. I'm using the Jcally EP09 with Fiio BTR5 and honestly bass is no where to be found. They're the most thin sounding earbud currently in my collection right now and i would not recommend them if these actually sound like these.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #54,626 of 75,203
Just got the JCally EP09 and tbh i'm kinda disappointed with their sound. I don't know if my pair is faulty or what. But these sound so thin. There's almost no bass presence. Which makes them sound really dull and boring. Currently, i'm finding the NiceHck Traceless to sound way better and enjoyable than these. I'm using the Jcally EP09 with Fiio BTR5 and honestly bass is no where to be found. They're the most thin sounding earbud currently in my collection right now and i would not recommend them if these actually sound like these.
I don't know what to tell more about these buds. There are some mixed comment, one said that is good and other that is bad.
Is this review accurate at all?

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #54,627 of 75,203
Same experience here too, no way theres a tinge of berylium sound in it. Even my cheap MX500 sounds better.

Jun 3, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #54,628 of 75,203
Same experience here too, no way theres a tinge of berylium sound in it. Even my cheap MX500 sounds better.
Not only that but spec on Ali seem completely vague. Congested sound came from bad vent system

Jun 3, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #54,630 of 75,203
Okay, so I have several ear buds coming my way. This is the order that I purchased them starting with the most recent: the EarBuds Anonymous Ear Buds, the Fengru Cat Ear Audio Mimi, the Fengru DIY Tingo TC200, the VE Monk Lite 120 Ohm, the QianYun Qian69, and the Yincrow X6.

I was attempting to get a representation of several ear bud shell shapes and fairly well reviewed examples That didn’t cost too much. The Yincrow, QianYun, and TC200 are presently stuck in customs while the Mimi and Monks are on the boat. The Earbuds Anon I just ordered so I assume it will be a while on them.

I want to do a shootout that has some credibility to it and I’d appreciate suggestions from the contributors here on how to conduct it. Should I burn all these in for some time before even starting? Is there a good way to ‘reset’ my hearing in between the listening tests (like using a fairly neutral can like the HD650)? I am open to any and all suggestions And I’m more than willing to send some of these on a tour afterwards.

Thanks in advance:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back