Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 21, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #53,566 of 75,246
Nice surprise... package was expected to arrive at end of week!

Tracking__Track_Parcels__Packages__Shipments___DHL_Express_Tracking.png

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #53,567 of 75,246
Another purchase I made today along side with the JCALLY EP09 this week was the ANN N200 earbuds. I own the original version with the original cable for several years now, but I decided to get the limited edition version with silver cables! They compete head-to-head with the Yincrow X6 and RW-9. Yes, they are that good!

Taobao link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.193a2e8dF7iodU&id=18199246820&_u=k206rtltra57a5

-Clear
Nice to see some interest in the ANN N200 again. Is that the main seller who only allows one-at-a-time purchase?
Thanks for the link.

Apr 22, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #53,568 of 75,246
Nice to see some interest in the ANN N200 again. Is that the main seller who only allows one-at-a-time purchase?
Thanks for the link.
All I know is that the seller that I bought the ANN N200 is the only one I see selling this model on taobao.

My Story and Impression on the ANN N200:

Truth be told, ever since I misplaced the N200 a little over a year ago, I almost forgot I had them! I was doing some spring cleaning a few weeks ago and that's when I found them in a lonely drawer. So, while comparing them first to the X6 and then the RW-9, this is what I got. They have cleaner details in the MID's and highs when compared to the X6, which sounded sometimes nasal in comparison. And, while the bass is tighter on the N200, the sub-bass on the X6 could rumble a little deeper when called for. Both have great soundstage in its own way, though technicality slightly favors the N200. Overall, the N200 stands between X6 and RW-9, since the RW-9 sounds slightly more transparent and brighter, though the N200 and RW-9 are technically "head-to-head" in details. But, the musical and safe bet can still favor the X6 on many levels when it comes to overall pick of most genre's.

Finally, I say all three are winners in my book, since all three brings a different signature to the table, which is different enough to enjoy from one another! :trophy:

-Clear

Apr 22, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #53,569 of 75,246
F392C721-06CD-4C52-B6B5-37CD52DED2F6.jpeg

I don’t know if it’s a common technique, but the way I stabilize the big shelled earbud with foam is by using ear-hook that goes through a tiny hole that I make on of the foam.
9587D5FD-98F6-4550-A4A4-80E53270C40D.jpeg

I used the Venture Electronics ear hooks, a fellow of the thread recommended some also, which I ordered. Is there some consensus or recommendation on the best quality ear hooks ?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #53,571 of 75,246
Apr 23, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #53,572 of 75,246
Update ! As you may already know, the best position is a bit angled and the closest to the ear canal. Without foam it’s the easiest, but it’s a thinner sound and the least secure fit.
With foam is my fqvorite sound even with an excess of warmth. But fit (stability) is still a problem.
With foam + ear hook as shown above in my previous post (hole in foam) I thought it was ok but something was missing.

Turns out the final solution to the fitting problem is this:
F3F45741-93E6-4756-8D78-86D71DD83760.jpeg

Let the ear hook behind the shell, even if it kind of free plays when not on the ear, it will secure the fit better once inside the ear.
This allows for a n angled closer range to the canal + good fit. Basically it keeps the sound exactly as it would have been with just the foam properly installed in the ear.
The ear hook does not alter the sound this way; it plays the role it should: fit and stability.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #53,573 of 75,246
I have never thought about fitting the earhooks further onto the stems that way, great idea thanks.
Great use of foam to brace them a bit also.

Apr 23, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #53,574 of 75,246
I have never thought about fitting the earhooks further onto the stems that way, great idea thanks.
Great use of foam to brace them a bit also.
Yes I don’t think it would work without the foam; but I guess it depends on the earbuds.
Here I have mainly used the Zen 2.0.

Apr 23, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #53,575 of 75,246
I've had the Qlabs God Series Black from Rholupat for a couple of days now. My hope was that this would be an MMCX-enabled upgrade over the Yincrow X6, which I don't quite love. They just seem slightly muddy to me. For me, so far, the Black are a good upgrade over the X6. They have a little more bass than the X6, which surprised me. I did also compare them against my Yincrow RW-1000 Bass edition, which I originally hoped would be that upgrade over the X6. I need to spend more time with them. I think the X6 is a better comparison point for the Black than the RW-1000B. Before I bought the RW-1000B, the NiceHCK EB2 were my favorite buds and the only thing I could say against them is that they have a fixed cable and I really prefer detachables. I thought the EB2 had acceptable bass and the cable is miles better than the awful cable on the X6. The RW-1000B don't have the same warmth, but have nice clarity and can be worn up or down depending on the cable, so they'd become my daily earbuds. I think the Black will replace them as daily drivers. I guess they were a limited edition as they don't seem to be available anymore? I hope they come back as I think others looking for something to step up from the X6 might appreciate them.

I like the idea of putting a hole in a foamie so it can go on over the ear hook/wing. I'll have to try that. My earbud hooks/wings of choice lately come from Far End Gear. I originally found them on Amazon USA after my order of silicone rings and ear wings from Aliexpress never made it to my mailbox, probably a casualty of the the more expensive package that came that day that we believe was stolen. They also have a website where you can order them direct - farendgear.com. They call them BudLoks. They come in different sizes; the pack from Amazon is a mix but you can order specific sizes from their website. Most likely they won't work for everyone, but it's another option to try.

Apr 23, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #53,576 of 75,246
^ When I saw those I think they mentioned in the listing there was only one set available.
Same with the red ones.
So count yourself lucky :)

Too bad they don't list more of some things, they obviously sell them.
I do wish stuff from Indonesia was a bit easier to source over here in North America.
Be nice to see some more Bel Audio stuff up for instance ( https://www.facebook.com/BELaudioIndonesia/ ),
more ELI Sabia buds , the newest versions ( a no-brainer ),
and buds with cables like these from Kanzenoka Audio ( https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063644616897 )

( I had to put up the actual image ).
Kanzenoka Audio Indonesia.jpg

Juloptau are you listening...come back to ebay :)

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #53,577 of 75,246
Hello, what would be an upgrade from Yincrow X6 that has similar sound sig but better technicalities?

Apr 23, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #53,578 of 75,246
Question... Let's say, hypothetically, someone were to get a rose electronics maria II. Hypothetically, what kind of burn-in time should one target?

Apr 23, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #53,579 of 75,246
Question... Let's say, hypothetically, someone were to get a rose electronics maria II. Hypothetically, what kind of burn-in time should one target?

This question is a big can of worms haha.
Seen flamewars start over it, there are 2 camps about burn in, one camp thinks it works and religiously burns in all gear for many days. The other camp thinks it doesn't and is just brain burn in. They think it is just a scam for companies as a "get out of jail card" in case consumers don't like the sound OOTB -> So the consumer is forced to burn in for days and days and maybe they forget about the earbud/IEM when a new hypetrain comes in the mail haha.

I respect both camps, so FWIW, I guess u can try burning in and see if you hear any differences. I've seen manufacturers put in their packaging phamphlet that one should burn in the gear for 100 - 200 hours (not kidding), but I think that's an overkill. Maybe try a day or so, it might help for dynamic driver type gear, but I personally don't think it is a night and day difference in giving a totally different sound signature after burn in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back