Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 11, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #51,451 of 75,538
I see sometime the code disappeared from the store coupon screen.

Here the code: 6YEC1K2SM9Q6

10$ discount when order over 50$
Thanks, unfortunately it didn't work for me, but I finally found another one that gave me a great... $4 of discount! :upside_down:

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #51,452 of 75,538
When I think "just one earbuds" is enough. The another one and upgrade cable is on the way.

This hobby is scary :scream:
Screenshot_20210111-232929.jpg

Jan 11, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #51,453 of 75,538
When I think "just one earbuds" is enough. The another one and upgrade cable is on the way.

This hobby is scary :scream:

Ha ha yes, scary indeed! Do you know much about that cable?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #51,454 of 75,538
Ha ha yes, scary indeed! Do you know much about that cable?
This is the info for Litz wires. NiceHCK cable have ok price for pure silver cable. 4N (99.99%) refers to the purity of copper, but I don't know is it the same for the silver, maybe this cable is just silver plated. Down below in the list, you will find some 7N (99.99999%) cables

These are some cheap Litz cables:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000377697908.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001586436450.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001967414576.html (latest TRN cable)

For pure silver cables, KBEAR-limpid still has the cheapest offer and here are some more budget variants:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001244561669.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000516021888.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001963475162.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33001600894.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32918690187.html

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #51,455 of 75,538
For pure silver cables, KBEAR-limpid still has the cheapest offer and here are some more budget variants:
Lol, fake pure silver for this price

Jan 11, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #51,456 of 75,538
Lol, fake pure silver for this price
It's 4 core who knows. TRN is 8 core, and it's a little more expensive.
The question is how much of this is pure silver but for this price is good for earbuds

Jan 11, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #51,457 of 75,538
Jan 11, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #51,458 of 75,538
hello to fans of earbuds!
Advise the best sound quality model, with mmcx? Of course, according to your taste, but based on personal listening experience.

Jan 11, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #51,459 of 75,538
135782590_10158932671029153_2947745366033886063_o.jpg

I don't know if this was done by someone before, but Have you tried doing this mod on the VIDO? You add cotton and micropore tape to the holes on one side, as seen in the photo. Then you just put the stock foams. It's amazing how it improves the sound. Improves treble by increasing between 2khz and 4 khz.

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #51,460 of 75,538

I don't know if this was done by someone before, but Have you tried doing this mod on the VIDO? You add cotton and micropore tape to the holes on one side, as seen in the photo. Then you just put the stock foams. It's amazing how it improves the sound. Improves treble by increasing between 2khz and 4 khz.
Stock version of ShoonTH ESEP-01BL uses a similar trick. Depending on the position of the earbud in the ear, the tragus partially closes one side of the vents.
ear.jpg

ShoonTH used hot glue to completely close this side of the vents and other side which is not covered by the ear is free. You taped that side so you basically have mutually closed vents.
Also, should be taken into account horseshoe black foam which covers the vents on the inside.
This way you got more intimate sound like closed-back headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #51,461 of 75,538

You can try this also: Add tape on the other side (seal both side). Use a needle to drill a hole to start. Test and see if more holes are needed, or you can just increase the diameter of one hole.
Do this on the side which is not covered by ear

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #51,462 of 75,538
Hey, look at what did arrive last Saturday! :relaxed:
Faaeal_Iris_CE.jpg

MEMT_R7-01.jpg
MEMT_R7-02.jpg
MEMT_R7-03.jpg

SFR_PT25.jpg

Ordered the 3 the same day 12 days ago and they arrived the same day as well, which is a first in my case.
And that's not the best thing since you have to chose which one you will listen to... :thinking:

Anyway, let's start with the (really) bad news, my MEMT R7 was probably borked from the beginning, or the tuner of this earbuds almost forgot there can be some sound coming out of music instruments under 200Hz, because there was NO BASS at all!! :scream:
And I'm not a basshead by any mean but here it was so bad that it was totally un-listenable.
Ok, the fit was bad, a bit like what I'm getting with Smabat earbuds, they don't want to stay in my ears and you lose a big part of the sound, but I never experienced something like this before, weird... :worried:

But I'm a lucky guy and I discovered that they were some of the (very) few items you can send back to AE free of charge! (they get back to a facility in your country, in my case France, and they get them back to China I guess...)
So they already are on their way to home, it was quick!
That's still disappointing though, as they are gorgeous and perfectly built, I would have loved them even if they had sounded average!...

On to Faaeal Iris CE transparent gray, which is really different from the transparent version.
They have similarities of course, but they are easily distinguishable from each other and I must say I prefer this transparent gray version to the transparent one.
The transparent gray have less mid-bass and as such sounds a lot less boomy, while digging deeper in sub-bass. Transparent gray is more balanced to my ears, even if those two earbuds are on the warm side. (take into account my way of wearing buds, though, ymmv)
Details and high-end of the spectrum seem to be more or less the same, so, overall, I think the transparent gray is the best sounding of the two, to my ears at least. :relaxed:

Ok, now on to the PT25, which is an "Earpod like" pair of buds. To me they are extremely good, clarity, bass, mids, trebles, they are all there, in place, everything is flowing like it should and I just get lost in me music, which is the best compliment I can give to an audio gear! :L3000:
They are very comfortable as well (I must say I dig Earpod like format, so keep that in mind) and, even though the cable is sonically ok, they deserve a better cable so I just bought a new KBEAR Limpid MMCX just for them, it says a lot coming from me! :relaxed:

That's it for now, coming back later with some more impressions!

Jan 11, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #51,463 of 75,538
hello to fans of earbuds!
Advise the best sound quality model, with mmcx? Of course, according to your taste, but based on personal listening experience.
I would say Y--Y-- BK2, neutral tuning. No bass warmth, but good resolution & timbre. $22USD, included mmcx cable is worth at least $10 as well, so any buyers remorse would be minimal.

Edit: Misread the question, it seems price isn't a factor.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #51,464 of 75,538
Hey, look at what did arrive last Saturday! :relaxed:

Ordered the 3 the same day 12 days ago and they arrived the same day as well, which is a first in my case.
And that's not the best thing since you have to chose which one you will listen to... :thinking:

Anyway, let's start with the (really) bad news, my MEMT R7 was probably borked from the beginning, or the tuner of this earbuds almost forgot there can be some sound coming out of music instruments under 200Hz, because there was NO BASS at all!! :scream:
And I'm not a basshead by any mean but here it was so bad that it was totally un-listenable.
Ok, the fit was bad, a bit like what I'm getting with Smabat earbuds, they don't want to stay in my ears and you lose a big part of the sound, but I never experienced something like this before, weird... :worried:

But I'm a lucky guy and I discovered that they were some of the (very) few items you can send back to AE free of charge! (they get back to a facility in your country, in my case France, and they get them back to China I guess...)
So they already are on their way to home, it was quick!
That's still disappointing though, as they are gorgeous and perfectly built, I would have loved them even if they had sounded average!...

On to Faaeal Iris CE transparent gray, which is really different from the transparent version.
They have similarities of course, but they are easily distinguishable from each other and I must say I prefer this transparent gray version to the transparent one.
The transparent gray have less mid-bass and as such sounds a lot less boomy, while digging deeper in sub-bass. Transparent gray is more balanced to my ears, even if those two earbuds are on the warm side. (take into account my way of wearing buds, though, ymmv)
Details and high-end of the spectrum seem to be more or less the same, so, overall, I think the transparent gray is the best sounding of the two, to my ears at least. :relaxed:

Ok, now on to the PT25, which is an "Earpod like" pair of buds. To me they are extremely good, clarity, bass, mids, trebles, they are all there, in place, everything is flowing like it should and I just get lost in me music, which is the best compliment I can give to an audio gear! :L3000:
They are very comfortable as well (I must say I dig Earpod like format, so keep that in mind) and, even though the cable is sonically ok, they deserve a better cable so I just bought a new KBEAR Limpid MMCX just for them, it says a lot coming from me! :relaxed:

That's it for now, coming back later with some more impressions!
Nice man. Congrats!
Let them to break-in a few days now when you know which pair will stay with you. You are really lucky guy, you know. :wink:

As for the Faaeal buds I don't have experience with other MX500 models. I mostly avoid buying MX500 models, except in rare cases, because of the fit which is not so good for me unfortunately. I'm a fan of metal shells and when DaturaPro appeared I couldn't resist. At first I was very disappointed with the stock tuning, I gave them a chance, but it was not worth it. They ended up in a box right after 2 days of listening. After a year I saw that @Sam L performed some "voodoo" magic on some famous earbuds, so I asked him to try to "enchant" several models which I own in my collection, among which was DaturaPro :sweat_smile:
Other models had 60-80% improvement with PEQ but DaturaPro 99.99999999999%. Voodoo baby! The real "Cinderella transformation".
Now this is really a complete package: build quality, looks, SQ, comfort.

About S.e.n.f.e.r. IMO one of the most innovative companies with the best product price. Period.
They started by copying famous IEM models and maybe 2-3 years ago they started with their own design. D.T.8 is the first IEM with original design, D.T.6 is 2nd and PT25 is 3rd. All 3 looks beautiful, build quality is also nice. They are not engaged in the production of quality cables but still try to put at least something that can be used temporarily
with the intention of not raising the price of the product. All in all I am currently very interested in the new PT2021 model but shipping for my country is the main problem which has been going on since March 2020 :angry:
senf.jpg

Anyway, I'm glad you're happy with the new models, it's important that they are all work well. Enjoy :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #51,465 of 75,538
Don't know if it's right to post this her3, but I need help. Is this still repairable??? I'm also not sure if I burnt anything (there's a black spot) during my recable attempt.

Thanks!

137348004_2068821150084170_139968936428121776_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back