Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 10, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #50,266 of 75,300
+1 on this. Currently interested in both the Toneking Dendroaspis and the Yincrow RW 2000 because I enjoyed the toneking tp16 and yincrow rw9. I hope seasoned earbud lovers can shed a light on these 2 models as they are on the more expensive side of earbuds.
as someone recently says, the rw-2000 is basically just the rw-1000 re-labelled for higher price.

Nov 10, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #50,267 of 75,300
as someone recently says, the rw-2000 is basically just the rw-1000 re-labelled for higher price.

As ClieOS recently says:
rw-2000 is great. In short, it is the re-evolution of the rw-1000 low-frequency version, which is a popular weapon.
In terms of cost/performance ratio, the rw-1000 is of course much higher. The rw-2000 is more like a combination of the analysis of the original rw-1000 and the low-frequency version of the rw-1000's pop tuning after the comprehensive re-evolution. The original two versions of the rw-1000 are actually very good, so the rw-2000 can not be regarded as a leapfrogging type of rapid progress but more of the perfection of various details. But it also doesn't feel like any significant shortcomings compared to other flagships in its price range. The workmanship is also slightly better than the rw-1000.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #50,268 of 75,300
As ClieOS recently says:
In terms of cost/performance ratio, the rw-1000 is of course much higher. The rw-2000 is more like a combination of the analysis of the original rw-1000 and the low-frequency version of the rw-1000's pop tuning after the comprehensive re-evolution. The original two versions of the rw-1000 are actually very good, so the rw-2000 can not be regarded as a leapfrogging type of rapid progress but more of the perfection of various details. But it also doesn't feel like any significant shortcomings compared to other flagships in its price range. The workmanship is also slightly better than the rw-1000.
Impedance, the color of the shell, and cable.
I agree, there are some changes but let's be honest, twice the price???
Same thing with TinHiFi P1 vs P2. At least they are dealing with a more complex driver that requires more attention. And the shape of the IEM itself is different, as are the cables.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #50,270 of 75,300
my bad, I fail to remember names at the best of times, my will to convince people to not spend money on diminishing returns is stronger than the one to remember names
I really respect that when the company wants to improve the previous series of products. That means they listen to their users. A great example is Moondrop with the Kanas model and Kanas Pro, also Shuoer with the Tape model. The question is why they did not raise prices drastically for their popular models? They could but ...:L3000:
Experimenting and constantly releasing new models can be a big expense for some.

Nov 10, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #50,271 of 75,300
Couple of recommendation for anyone shopping on taobao this 1111, not particularly good deals on them, but worth picking up if you're shipping other stuff already.

Hana DIY:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...1KSP9&id=601978706007&ns=1&abbucket=13#detail
Hana DIY.jpg

An earbud with actual pinna gain, the rise is a bit late but magnitude is good, overall good technicalities, a bit pricey but well tuned and good technical performance puts this at upper second tier or lower first tier in my book. Gives a lot of flagship qualities at midrange price.

HE 150PRO:
HE 150PRO.jpg

I don't known why this has been on my shelf forgotten for so long, it's an awesome sounding bud. I remember considering it slightly honky, but I think that was just me not being used to an earbud with pinna gain, there does seem to be some chamber resonance though, so maybe that contributed as well. The graph is beautiful and it sounds as good as it looks, pinna gain positions mids correctly, if not a bit forward and aggressive, technicalities are not bad, good treble extension and surprisingly good bass extension and good punch. Awesome staging due to the open back design, might be one of the biggest stages in terms of raw size for earbuds, but unlike flagships like the EM5 and Turandot, it lacks the sense of scale to back up the stage size. Idiot me dropped it and damaged the left driver right after listening to it again and measuring it, but I like it enough that I'll be ordering another :joy:

Nov 11, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #50,272 of 75,300
Couple of recommendation for anyone shopping on taobao this 1111, not particularly good deals on them, but worth picking up if you're shipping other stuff already.

Hana DIY:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...1KSP9&id=601978706007&ns=1&abbucket=13#detail
Hana DIY.jpg
An earbud with actual pinna gain, the rise is a bit late but magnitude is good, overall good technicalities, a bit pricey but well tuned and good technical performance puts this at upper second tier or lower first tier in my book. Gives a lot of flagship qualities at midrange price.

HE 150PRO:
HE 150PRO.jpg
I don't know why this has been on my shelf forgotten for so long, it's an awesome sounding bud. I remember considering it slightly honky, but I think that was just me not being used to an earbud with pinna gain, there does seem to be some chamber resonance though, so maybe that contributed as well. The graph is beautiful and it sounds as good as it looks, pinna gain positions mids correctly, if not a bit forward and aggressive, technicalities are not bad, good treble extension and surprisingly good bass extension and good punch. Awesome staging due to the open back design might be one of the biggest stages in terms of raw size for earbuds, but unlike flagships like the EM5 and Turandot, it lacks the sense of scale to back up the stage size. Idiot me dropped it and damaged the left driver right after listening to it again and measuring it, but I like it enough that I'll be ordering another :joy:
HE150Pro is really great earbuds. I'm still wondering if the same driver was used in the original version and the pro version. For me, HE150 sounds better than HE150Pro.
If both models use the same driver then it is probably a problem in the shell. HE150Pro has a similar shell as MS16 buds. But cavity can look like this and that is a major problem, or maybe HE150 driver works better with MX500 shell. Penon Audio Store doesn't have them in stock at the moment, but they can be found here.
I damaged my HE150 (MX500 shell) trying to disassemble them because I decided for some reason to change the cables. :cry: The original version has cheap cables but does not twist, unlike the pro model.
I hope to see the compensation file soon :)

Nov 11, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #50,273 of 75,300
Interesting, didn't know the Sennheiser MX375s (or an imitation using the same shell) were listed on Ali. $17 on sale isn't bad either, though I would think there are better earbuds even in that price range nowadays:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Also, anyone see anything else using the PK2 shell on sale at the moment? I still only see the $10 B40 and a Fengruu DIY then the prices jump above like $50 excluding the actual Yuin PK2 which imo is mediocre.

Nov 11, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #50,274 of 75,300
Interesting, didn't know the Sennheiser MX375s (or an imitation using the same shell) were listed on Ali. $17 on sale isn't bad either, though I would think there are better earbuds even in that price range nowadays:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Also, anyone see anything else using the PK2 shell on sale at the moment? I still only see the $10 B40 and a Fengruu DIY then the prices jump above like $50 excluding the actual Yuin PK2 which imo is mediocre.

Just forget Fengru DIY pk sets. They are too mediocre to deserve a try.

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #50,275 of 75,300
HE150Pro is really great earbuds. I'm still wondering if the same driver was used in the original version and the pro version. For me, HE150 sounds better than HE150Pro.
If both models use the same driver then it is probably a problem in the shell. HE150Pro has a similar shell as MS16 buds. But cavity can look like this and that is a major problem, or maybe HE150 driver works better with MX500 shell. Penon Audio Store doesn't have them in stock at the moment, but they can be found here.
I damaged my HE150 (MX500 shell) trying to disassemble them because I decided for some reason to change the cables. :cry: The original version has cheap cables but does not twist, unlike the pro model.
I hope to see the compensation file soon :)
@cenizas sent me the FR of the HE150pro, I'll try to generate a file later tonight.

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #50,276 of 75,300
I recieved the DIY MX500 2 days ago, and here are my quick impressions:
They sound completely off. No pinnea gain there, and there's an important deep at 6k which doesn't help (and I can't get it EQed so it's a major issue). But admittedly tehy sound "fast" and have a very enjoyable response in the lower part of the spectrum. They seem to perform best with a somewhat loose seal, where the bass are linear (but still extanded) and distortion free.

I'd love to know about cheap buds tuned with a pinnea gain if you guys have suggestions (many thanks to @cenizas who did it already). So far I have MS16, Openheart and Ty 32 as winners in my book (all well worth their low price if you don't have them yet)

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #50,277 of 75,300
Are Toneking TO400s still a good choice at the price of $55?

Can they face newer graphene earbuds at the same price bracket?

Went back in the thread to get updated since I have been mia for a while. I have owned the TO400s since they were released, I do not recommend them unless you really want to hear what they sound like. Bad quality with the cable arriving with a problem and one driver dying within half a year. Their sound quality is also meh, you can do better for the money...

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #50,278 of 75,300
I don't have the TO400s to compare but looking to spec. TO400s has a better extension on both ends and 10db higher sensitivity so easier to drive.
You have to take into account that it is tuned by Tonekng. For $53 this is nice.
Maybe it's better to wait and see how this new "green" model turned out. The driver, however, uses modern technology.

"You have to take into account that it is tuned by Tonekng." dont want to stir up anything but what do you mean by this? The TO400s are mediocre at best

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #50,280 of 75,300
Went back in the thread to get updated since I have been mia for a while. I have owned the TO400s since they were released, I do not recommend them unless you really want to hear what they sound like. Bad quality with the cable arriving with a problem and one driver dying within half a year. Their sound quality is also meh, you can do better for the money...
I also received my TO400s a few months ago with the right connector being loose, the cable would fall right out while wearing them, had to buy an additional mmcx cable and if they are moved too much while in ear the right cuts out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back