Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 9, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #50,236 of 75,472
I have a bunch of those, I'll send Sam the measurements when I'm free and I'm sure he'll be happy to generate the eq files for those.
Yep, thank you @cenizas.

I'm partnered with @cenizas to try and expand coverage. His measurement rig matches mine closely.

Anyone with a request, just include @cenivas in the post. There's a good chance he might have a measurement. If not, he lives in a part of the world where earbuds abound. Sadly, very few earbud fans in the SF Bay Area.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #50,237 of 75,472
I have a bunch of those, I'll send Sam the measurements when I'm free and I'm sure he'll be happy to generate the eq files for those.
That would be really great. Thanks.
I left some of these earbuds aside because I’m not exactly thrilled with the sound signature. The last three pairs that I mentioned earlier are fine.
Datura Pro has a beautiful look and fantastic build quality but tuning is below average. This driver can do it better for sure.
BGVP DX5, the same story. Everything is amazing, package and accessories, build, ergonomics, driver characteristics but internal tuning makes me cry.
This definitely needs some shell modifications. I posted some images here.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #50,239 of 75,472
Has anyone tried both BK2 and Smabat M2 Pro and can do a short comparison?

I own BK2 and I like them but I feel they need some sub bass and I would not mind some extra resolution.

Thank you!
If you're on an android 9+ phone or on windows 10, I have a compensation file that helps some. I have a new target curve, v1.5, but haven't generated a file yet for the bk2. It's a bud I listen to frequently, so I'll make a file soon.

Nov 9, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #50,240 of 75,472
If you're on an android 9+ phone or on windows 10, I have a compensation file that helps some. I have a new target curve, v1.5, but haven't generated a file yet for the bk2. It's a bud I listen to frequently, so I'll make a file soon.
I don’t own either.
I use them daily with a BTR1K connected to my iphone for short listening sessions, calls and videos and when I get home I use them on the playstation.
That’s why I would like a pair of buds which don’t really need EQ

Edit
I don’t want to leave the wrong impression because these buds are great and I like them but I would like an extra pair with some sub bass and searching I came across the M2 Pro which seem attractive.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #50,241 of 75,472
version 1.5 target curve
ISN Rambo 2 files here

I'm only a couple songs in, but so far I can run this on wavelet at 100% strength. I'm really proud of this most recent effort, really amazing sound. Almost as much of a stark contrast (for the better) as the compensation files for the Monk lite 120 ohm (another one I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive.) I'll make a v1.5 for the Monk Lite 120ohm later tonight.

Nov 9, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #50,242 of 75,472
I don’t own either.
I use them daily with a BTR1K connected to my iphone for short listening sessions, calls and videos and when I get home I use them on the playstation.

Edit
I don’t want to leave the wrong impression because these buds are great and I like them but I would like an extra pair with some sub bass and searching I came across the M2 Pro which seem attractive.
I don't have the m2 but the s-10s black/silver have monstrous bass and sub bass (for an earbud.) I'm almost positive the m2 pro will have some good bass extension.

Nov 9, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #50,243 of 75,472
You are a very busy man, keep up the good work.:thumbsup: This is a really interesting topic even for people that not use EQ.
Any effort to improve the sound whether it is through modding or with EQ should be appreciated, as we appreciate this hobby.
Modification can eliminate some omissions in order to enable the driver to function in the best possible conditions, which of course affects the improvement of the sound,
while EQ represents the final touch ie. "cherry on top" :cherries:
I will like to see in the future your EQ mastery for some buds like FAAEAL Datura Pro, BGVP DX5, HE150PRO, Tingo TG-38, RY4S Plus
Agreed! I would also add that the "cherry on top" can also be the easier mod to implement for many users. The good news is that most of the earbuds I've built compensation files for respond well to eq'ing.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #50,244 of 75,472
I really like the Willsound MK2 very airy extended treble and great bass, the mids are present and lively as well.

I wanted to order another MK2, but the MK32 was recommended to try.
Any comparisons/recommendations between the two?

Or, any other recommendations on some other earbuds easily found on Amazon USA for less than $100 (give or take) that may be a bit of an upgrade?
The shipping charge and time to ship to USA for Willsound is kind of a buzzkill.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #50,245 of 75,472
I don’t own either.

Edit

I have a BK2 and a smabat ST-10.

The BK2 has more bass if you use double foam (donut foam on top of full foam).

And you can replace the included silver-plated cable with a cheap OFC (copper) MMCX cable for even more bass.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32974773971.html

Edit:
Or you can replace the included silver-plated cable with a cheap OCC (copper) MMCX cable for even more bass.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32977455076.html

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #50,246 of 75,472
I have a BK2 and a smabat ST-10.

The BK2 has more bass if you use double foam (donut foam on top of full foam).

And you can replace the included silver-plated cable with a cheap OFC (copper) MMCX cable for even more bass.
https://ww.aliexpress.com/item/32974773971.html.
You mean more bass than with single foam but not more bass than the smabat, right?

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #50,248 of 75,472
I really like the Willsound MK2 very airy extended treble and great bass, the mids are present and lively as well.

I wanted to order another MK2, but the MK32 was recommended to try.
Any comparisons/recommendations between the two?

Or, any other recommendations on some other earbuds easily found on Amazon USA for less than $100 (give or take) that may be a bit of an upgrade?
The shipping charge and time to ship to USA for Willsound is kind of a buzzkill.
Yeah, they shipping cost and time is a friction point with all the wonderful buds in Indonesia and the Philippines. :frowning2:

I've been eyeing the Willsound brand for some time.

Nov 9, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #50,250 of 75,472
So any final word on the Yincrow X6 vs the RW-9, @Sam L ?
ummm, man that's a tough one, especially since I don't listen to either without compensation.

But here goes:
- rw9 bass is a smidge tighter and faster. but this is comparatively speaking, i don't consider either to have fast, tight bass.
- x6, though graphs with less bass, actually feels more present because it's also a tad warmer overall compared to the rw9.
- x6 is more mid forward than rw9
- x6 soundstage is more intimate than rw9. rw9 sounds a tad, tad bit more airy but both don't really have much treble extension.
- the rw9 sounds more iem-like and the x6 is a well tuned earbud sound profile.

** edit **
rw9 bass can be overwhelming at times. Bassheads will much prefer the rw9.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back