Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 2, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #49,531 of 75,538

Attachments

• k_s nameless ParametricEQ.txt
    469 bytes · Views: 0
Oct 2, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #49,532 of 75,538
heahea... I'm laughing at turandot comparison, didn't know you had it in your possession, always thought it was from testing it out. Now I'm really, really glad I didn't get the turandot.
Oh how I wished I could have tested it before I got it...sadly cant test anything being in sweden....

I guess you could tell how I lost hope in it the deeper I got with it lol. :joy:

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #49,534 of 75,538
Might be worth checking out the Hessian Ansata. Made by the same guy behind Rambo & Ourart. It even looks quite similar to the Rambo II except for a few minor details (so disregard if you're having fit issues). Cheaper as well. The tuning is also purported to be different than the Rambo II. One drawback is that it's not available on AE (I think) but is instead available on Taobao. Unfortunately, mine has yet to be burned in so I'll have to hold off judgement.
very cool, please share observations when you're ready.

did a google search and look what turns up:

YoloMouse_vHmM37kG4O.png

pretty sure clieos has every earbud ever made and ever will be made.

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #49,535 of 75,538
Cheers! much appreciated.
in all honesty, that bud when eq'd properly has near endgame sound for me. the 120 ohm has a very unique stage presentation to begin with and after the mid bloat is dealt with the sound stage opens up considerably

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #49,537 of 75,538
@Sam L Tried your EQ for the nameless and honestly I think it is better on stock since it has better tonality and sounds more natural. Also, i dont know if autoeq adjusts the preamp automatic for you, but otherwise you need a preamp of at least -6.6 db because the bass is distorting a lot..

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #49,538 of 75,538
@Sam L Tried your EQ for the nameless and honestly I think it is better on stock since it has better tonality and sounds more natural. Also, i dont know if autoeq adjusts the preamp automatic for you, but otherwise you need a preamp of at least -6.6 db because the bass is distorting a lot..
yeah unfortunately autoeq doesn't adjust preamp with the settings I had when compiling the file. wavelet's version of adjusting preamp is with "autoeq strength" which I have to set at 50% to avoid distortion. if I had to guess, it's a pretty significant preamp cut in the neighborhood of -10db.

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #49,540 of 75,538
what music app do you use it with? managed to import the file but the autoeq isn't kicking in on UAPP, Hiby or Fiio
For those of you getting stuck with wavelet (it has a couple non-intuitive quirks)

1. save the file anywhere on your phone. ie. /downloads
2. click on autoeq
3. import the file
4. note, the imported file will not show on the pick list until you do a search and then select the recently imported file.
5. profit.
6. if you are getting distortion (source dependent), then click on the autoeq frequency visualization and it will allow you to pick strength. On my note 10 and pixel 4xl, I rarely see buds go above 60 to 70% before distorting badly. IEMs fair much better but do not necessarily sound better, so my autoeq strength ranges from 25% to 75% for the majority of my iems and buds.

Important: (@onedvt)
The audio pathing in android will occasionally mess with wavelet. If you notice the sound is not affected do this:

1. play stream/music app
2. open wavelet and make sure autoeq is check
3. make sure the appropriate autoeq file is selected
4. make sure "legacy mode" is checked in the 3 dot menu, upper right
5. using the "recent apps" button, close out the streaming/music app (while it's still playing)
6. reopen the streaming/music app and restart playing
7. profit

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #49,541 of 75,538
what music app do you use it with? managed to import the file but the autoeq isn't kicking in on UAPP, Hiby or Fiio
Try the instructions I just posted. Unfortunately, there are differences in how various manufacturers implement the audio pathing in android. UAPP and Hiby work with wavelet for me on a LG v60. I haven't switch back to my pixel 4xl or note 10 yet to test out on those devices, as I mainly use Spotify on those two phones.

Oct 2, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #49,542 of 75,538
@Sam L helped me get the Monk Lite 120 wavelet eq file imported into my phone and get it working. Thanks Sam!

I know that this is OT, but I'm posting my response to Sam in the spoiler below just in case anyone is interested.

I have the monk 120's plugged directly into my phone (I usually use the Fiio BTR3K). Listening to Tidal.

I usually have the Samsung Music "Adapt sound - 30 to 60 years old" turned on which makes everything sound better to me. But I have turned it off to reduce factors (music goes back to sounding "blah").

The wavelet autoeq definitely enhances the sound. Sounds way better than stock. Nice.

And if I turn back on the "Adapt sound - 30 to 60 years old" on top of the Autoeq, it makes a positive difference as well, (although at this point I'm not sure if it is just "louder").

Summary:

(1) Everything off: blah and veiled sounding

(2) only Adapt sound on: much better than (1)

(3) only Autoeq only on: sounds very good! Better than (2).

(4) Autoeq and Adapt sound on: might be even better than (3), but more listening required.

Either way, Autoeq is making the biggest difference.

I'm not usually into EQing because I don't like farting around when switching headphones (aka I'm lazy), but this might change my mind.

Thanks for your help!

Bottom line is that I am really enjoying the 120's right now. And that's what it's all about!

Oct 2, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #49,543 of 75,538
you need to run my autoeq file on the k's nameless. :) cleanest basshead sound profile on a bud ever. The bass is not the cleanest but the overall profile is clean and the bass is tastefully monstrous, and I am not a basshead. I can see why many of us are drawn to a more "fun" sound from time to time.

From time to time? :wink:

Oct 2, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #49,544 of 75,538
Anyone tried Smabat M2 Pro with ST10s Gold driver in them?
Would be pretty cheap way of getting ST10s like sound for about half the price using DIY kit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back