Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 16, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #48,721 of 75,149
Been a long time since iv been on here. How is everyone? Last time I was here was maybe a year and a half ago haha so I'm sure alot has happened in the earbud world.

Anyway i just ordered the blur 173 from wong seems to have alot of hype around it at least from him says its his best yet. I was originally really interested in the d2+ but apparently the new blur Is better. So here is hoping it lives up to it.

I'll post a review once I get them. If anyone also ordered or already has em im curious of your thoughts.

Congrats on your purchase of the Blur! If you don't mind, how much did you pay for it? I contacted him and wanted to get the 173 initially but decided in the end that it was too dear for me at the moment...plus with the current economic climate, overall uncertainty and a family to feed I just couldn't justify spending that much on earbuds :frowning2: Maybe soon...

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Again, grats!

Aug 16, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #48,722 of 75,149
Been a long time since iv been on here. How is everyone? Last time I was here was maybe a year and a half ago haha so I'm sure alot has happened in the earbud world.

Anyway i just ordered the blur 173 from wong seems to have alot of hype around it at least from him says its his best yet. I was originally really interested in the d2+ but apparently the new blur Is better. So here is hoping it lives up to it.

I'll post a review once I get them. If anyone also ordered or already has em im curious of your thoughts.
Awesome! Patiently await to hear your thoughts on them once they arrive.

Blur Thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blur-earbuds-lovers.884062/post-14357627

Aug 16, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #48,723 of 75,149
Moondrop Shiro-Yuki, Faaeal Iris 2.0, NiceHCK B40 and Yincrow X6
Can you compare them?

Out of those you mentioned, I only have the B40 and Iris 2.0. Will do a quick comparo between the two later. In the meantime, lots of info here on the B40 if you search for it. IIRC, others have reported that the Shiroyuki sounds detailed, bright but too bass-lean and grainy. Not too sure about the X6 but they're probably comparable to the Vidos.

Aug 16, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #48,725 of 75,149
Out of those you mentioned, I only have the B40 and Iris 2.0. Will do a quick comparo between the two later. In the meantime, lots of info here on the B40 if you search for it. IIRC, others have reported that the Shiroyuki sounds detailed, bright but too bass-lean and grainy. Not too sure about the X6 but they're probably comparable to the Vidos.
The Yincrow X6 by far dominates the Vido in all categories. Don’t get me wrong the Vido is a great budget earbud, but for roughly twice the price the X6 provides a much smoother experience with equally as good, if not better bass.Just my two cents.

Aug 16, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #48,726 of 75,149
Is there any list or good place to start getting an idea which earbuds are good? I haven't kept up with earbuds since 2016 and the be monk, and I was wondering what had changed.

A lot has changed. There's a wealth of info on what's cheap and good here in this thread, also lots of info on what's good but not-so-cheap. Which of the two do you prefer?

Aug 16, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #48,727 of 75,149
The Yincrow X6 by far dominates the Vido in all categories. Don’t get me wrong the Vido is a great budget earbud, but for roughly twice the price the X6 provides a much smoother experience with equally as good, if not better bass.Just my two cents.

I stand corrected, then. Well, I guess there's only one way to find out :D

Aug 16, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #48,729 of 75,149
It would be nice to get an idea for both, but probably nicer end if I had to pick.

These are just off the top of my head and based on what I have, so they're not in any way definitive. There are most probably other buds that are comparable and are perfectly viable alternatives. Also, these are what's readily available on Aliexpress & not other localized shopping sites (Shopee, etc).

Real cheap but good: Any Vido (probably already around in 2016?)
Cheap but good: B40 or Faaeal Snow Lotus 1.0+ CE
A step up: Earbuds Anonymous (EA) buds or ME80
A step up and with detachable cables: BK2

I can't think of any nice buds ~USD50, probably because I don't own any. Other members might be able to chime in. Hope this helps.

Aug 16, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #48,730 of 75,149
These are just off the top of my head and based on what I have, so they're not in any way definitive. There are most probably other buds that are comparable and are perfectly viable alternatives. Also, these are what's readily available on Aliexpress & not other localized shopping sites (Shopee, etc).

Real cheap but good: Any Vido (probably already around in 2016?)
Cheap but good: B40 or Faaeal Snow Lotus 1.0+ CE
A step up: Earbuds Anonymous (EA) buds or ME80
A step up and with detachable cables: BK2

I can't think of any nice buds ~USD50, probably because I don't own any. Other members might be able to chime in. Hope this helps.

The new 2020 tuning K's LB, currently $40-45ish iirc.

I've had the vido, ry4s, b40, me80, bk2 and older K's LB (2018/2019? & older). For me, the new K's is better sounding (extension, dynamics, balance, detail, etc). Ymmv.

I haven't heard the EA buds but others say good things about them.

Aug 16, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #48,731 of 75,149
The new 2020 tuning K's LB, currently $40-45ish iirc.

I've had the vido, ry4s, b40, me80, bk2 and older K's LB (2018/2019? & older). For me, the new K's is better sounding (extension, dynamics, balance, detail, etc). Ymmv.

I haven't heard the EA buds but others say good things about them.

Ah, yes, the K's LBB. I have to check them out sometime.

Aug 17, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #48,732 of 75,149
This is new version K's LBB 2018 ?

1597637470569.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back