Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 6, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #48,421 of 75,149
I was considering selling my Simphonio Dragon 2+ and so glad I didn’t. Decided to try them out of my new fiio btr5 balanced. They’re killer! Fantastic soundstage. They sound so layered and natural. Soooo much better than out of the radsone es100.
bass and extension is awesome.mids are detailed. Wow.

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #48,422 of 75,149
I was considering selling my Simphonio Dragon 2+ and so glad I didn’t. Decided to try them out of my new fiio btr5 balanced. They’re killer! Fantastic soundstage. They sound so layered and natural. Soooo much better than out of the radsone es100.
bass and extension is awesome.mids are detailed. Wow.

glad you didn't. the Dragon 2+ is still a hard beat even in the headphone and IEM realms. haven't heard a substitute that's comparable, let alonr in the cheaper price

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #48,423 of 75,149
This is not China this is Indonesia. You need to write on facebook to Willsound message
You are talking about an iPhone with a 3.5mm audio jack, right?
Penon sells the "Earbuds Anonymous" (Facebook group) model, which sounds good.
https://penonaudio.com/earbuds-anonymous.html
As their web page says, the listed price ($50) is "Informal", and that you can get the reduced price by joining the EA Facebook group.
When I bought mine, the price was $25, when using the "Discount Code" mentioned on the group.
They may be a bit more expensive now.
Thanks, but I don't have a Facebook account, and I don't think I'll make one only to buy a pair of earbuds.
Check out the BK2. It is a bit bass lite for me (I'm a basshead), but it has above average technicalities, is easy to drive, balanced tuning, has good timbre, is non fatiguing and has detachable cable to boot, about $20ish USD.

Though in general, I wouldn't use a earbud for walking about cause they have poor isolation compared to IEMs and bass is usually the first frequencies lost when isolation is bad in an external environment.
She wants to be aware of her surroundings, and she's one of those people that can't wear iems. So, to compensate I should go for some bassy buds like the HE150 pro?

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #48,425 of 75,149
Thanks, but I don't have a Facebook account, and I don't think I'll make one only to buy a pair of earbuds.
She wants to be aware of her surroundings, and she's one of those people that can't wear iems. So, to compensate I should go for some bassy buds like the HE150 pro?

Hmm, I guess if she can't wear IEMs, then a closed back headphone may be another option.

I find that using buds outside in transit may not be safe for hearing health long term as one tends to jack up the volume to overcome the external noise, plus bass is lost, so YMMV. HE 150 Pro is a possibility but it is quite power hungry, I can't drive it satisfactorily with a low end smartphone. The HE150 Pro cable is also thin and non detachable, I'm really afraid it wouldn't last long when bringing it out and accidentally tugging on the cable.

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #48,426 of 75,149
Hi everyone, sorry to bother you, but I need your advice: I'm searching for a pair of earbuds for a friend of mine. What I'm searching for is something that is:
-easy to drive (she will drive them with an IPhone)
-cable down (she wears glasses)
-good mids/vocals but with enough bass to give the music proper "weight" and authority (think of moondrop starfield or senn's hd650)
-doesn't get too muddy with fast and complex music (she listens to prog metal among the other things)
-around 30-40€ shipped
-good build quality (she will use them when walking around)
Bonus/nice to have but not necessary
-detachable cable
-available on amazon or on a site with relatively fast shipping (eg penon)

Thanks in advance!

If she has smaller ears, something with 14.8mm drivers and the smaller 16.1mm covers would be worth looking into. IE: most PK shell shaped buds, the exception being the B40 at 16.7mm.

A bit out of budget (unless on sale) the Smabat M1 Pro may be worth a look.

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #48,427 of 75,149
Hmm, I guess if she can't wear IEMs, then a closed back headphone may be another option.

I find that using buds outside in transit may not be safe for hearing health long term as one tends to jack up the volume to overcome the external noise, plus bass is lost, so YMMV. HE 150 Pro is a possibility but it is quite power hungry, I can't drive it satisfactorily with a low end smartphone. The HE150 Pro cable is also thin and non detachable, I'm really afraid it wouldn't last long when bringing it out and accidentally tugging on the cable.
You’re absolutely right when you talk about wearing "flat head" earbuds outside where the noise is too loud. Due to the mixing of external sound, in most cases, we have to amplify the sound a lot, which creates big problems.
HE150Pro is a great model but this is the first model where the original HE150 (MX500) for me has better SQ.
Regardless of the different shells, probably is the same driver but the front cover is also different and cable which changes the sound for sure.
Too bad they are right now out of stock

Jul 6, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #48,428 of 75,149
I would like to see Willsound reaching a new level, making its products available on Shopee / Aliexpress. They are already known enough on the scene, there is a demand for that to happen. It seems very amateurish to buy by message via Facebook without the security and support of a professional sales platform. But he certainly takes it just as a hobby, not caring about low sales revenue.

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #48,429 of 75,149
I would like to see Willsound reaching a new level, making its products available on Shopee / Aliexpress. They are already known enough on the scene, there is a demand for that to happen. It seems very amateurish to buy by message via Facebook without the security and support of a professional sales platform. But he certainly takes it just as a hobby, not caring about low sales revenue.
Shopee: https://shopee.co.id/will_sound
https://shopee.co.id/yonhe8
You can buy from the international Indonesian intermediary/reseller http://rholupat.com with a small margin in price or buy it personally from the manufacturer Willy on Facebook/Instagram, where you can buy versions of MMCX or with any available cable. Also agree on a discount if you take more units of goods. Delivery protection is in PayPal in both cases. Also for any quality problems, you can contact the intermediary or the manufacturer, depending on whom you bought, personally on Facebook and they will return the money to you or offer something in return. During a pandemic, some types of cheap delivery from Indonesia may not work, only expensive.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #48,430 of 75,149
I contacted and bought MK32 earbud from Willsound via e-mail. Used paypal for payment. Shipment with tracking number and the whole process took less than two weeks. Now this was in Feb. before the whole world went nuts, so who can say what ship time is now.

I was very happy with the process and I am happy with the product. Just my two cents.

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #48,431 of 75,149

he's from Indonesia, and a one man company, so he's doing everything on his own. you can purchase it from rholupat.com like @KevDzn suggested, or you can PM him here @WillSound if you want to talk to him directly.

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #48,432 of 75,149
In https://shopee.com.br/, the local version of my region (Brazil), there are no products available and it is also not possible through Aliexpress, as already mentioned. I have credits there and would like to take advantage of them. But I understand that there are many other ways to buy, they are just not as accessible for my location, especially now that the entire supply chain has been affected by the virus.

Jul 6, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #48,434 of 75,149
I purchased a set of Willsound buds here

Willsound MK32 have 3 or 2 different tuning, versions released until 2019 and from 2020. I had all, but I like the freshest.

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #48,435 of 75,149
#Aliexpress US $15.79 21%OFF | FENGRU Diy White lotus S300 In Ear Earphone 300ohm High Impedance 300 Ohm Earbud Earplugs HIFI Earbud Vocal Earbuds
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dZ74jk4

So I decided to give these a try, considering how cheap they are. Managed to get them for about 11usd from shopee, but even at the aliexpress price I'm pretty sure these are the cheapest 300ohm buds you can get. I honestly have no idea how they do it, wouldn't even be surprised if it's just a serial resistor with a lower impedance driver, either way, #justchinathings. Was half expecting it to be a dud, but so far so good, pretty impressed, very mid centric sound but it's mid centric done well. Will post further impressions after burning in and will compare them to the k's 300 and ty hi-z 314 300ohm as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back