Earbuds Round-Up
May 6, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #47,792 of 75,271
What are your thoughts on the other piano fortes? (VI, IX, X and so on)

I tried two (which I forgot which exact models they are) - I recalled my impression was: good sound with horrible fit, just as bad on pricing.

May 7, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #47,794 of 75,271
I know it's already been confirmed by some users, but all Ali sellers who carry the Traceless also corroborate that they're just rebranded Vidos:
Screenshot_20200507-091651.png

May 7, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #47,795 of 75,271
I know it's already been confirmed by some users, but all Ali sellers who carry the Traceless also corroborate that they're just rebranded Vidos:
Screenshot_20200507-091651.png

Yes agreed. I asked a few sellers on Aliexpress and they confirmed it is a Vido just with different brand.

Among the Vidos are there different sound signatures among the different colours?

May 7, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #47,796 of 75,271
Yes agreed. I asked a few sellers on Aliexpress and they confirmed it is a Vido just with different brand.

Among the Vidos are there different sound signatures among the different colours?
I've read many times people saying that the reds are more clear/detailed, but these impressions are non-correlative and unreliable.
Reds being the 'new' version also came with new foams.

Whenever I put new foams onto a bud the sound also becomes clearer.
Old foam makes them sound a bit bassier and smoother.

From my experience with blue, white and red vido, the only difference is manufacturing variations and age of foam... and the colour of the paint.

May 7, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #47,797 of 75,271
I've read many times people saying that the reds are more clear/detailed, but these impressions are non-correlative and unreliable.
Reds being the 'new' version also came with new foams.

Whenever I put new foams onto a bud the sound also becomes clearer.
Old foam makes them sound a bit bassier and smoother.

From my experience with blue, white and red vido, the only difference is manufacturing variations and age of foam... and the colour of the paint.
*Well, this question was already answered, how dumb of me.

So it's basically the same thing with the same tuning, just with different foams.

I'm planning to do a wood grain reshelled Vido this year and I was hoping I get something of a different flavour since I already have three pairs of white Vidos 😆

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #47,798 of 75,271
If I'm not mistaken all the colors vido sounds different. So far I've got the blue (lotsa bass), white (slightly less bass) and red (the most balance). There's also the black which I don't have.

And I heard the latest red/blue ones are selling like hot cakes. So i assume these are even better than the reds.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #47,799 of 75,271
Black Vido are the worst in the sound of little bass.
White Vido and Blue Vido are the same, such as we always knew them.
Red Vido bass is slightly smaller than white or blue, but the middle is cleaner and better.
Transparent Vido (red/blue) high frequencies are better

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #47,804 of 75,271
K. My Pk2's just came in. At first listen they have better detail retrieval and a noticeably larger soundstage than the snow lotus 1+'s. But the snow lotus' are not far behind at all.

I have a general question. From the two earbuds I have, it seems they are both warmer than my iems. Is that a general observation between iems and earbuds?

Rambo II and smabat silvers still inbound but they'll take a good 3 weeks or so since they were purchased on aliexpress.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #47,805 of 75,271
K. My Pk2's just came in. At first listen they have better detail retrieval and a noticeably larger soundstage than the snow lotus 1+'s. But the snow lotus' are not far behind at all.

I have a general question. From the two earbuds I have, it seems they are both warmer than my iems. Is that a general observation between iems and earbuds?

Rambo II and smabat silvers still inbound but since they be taking some time as they were purchased on aliexpress.

I think most buds are tuned warmer because a lot of bass gets lost because of the seal that is not as good as IEMs or a driver that is not as big as a headphone.

I do have some colder sounding earbuds, but when it is not done well the mids lose a lot of body.

I think your Smabat will sound closer to your iem sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back