Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 24, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #46,906 of 75,692
Jan 24, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #46,907 of 75,692
I found an old bud in the back of my closet that apparently was bundled with a phone (not smartphone) that I had more than ten years ago. I don't think I paid any attention to it at the time... it was never taken out of the packaging. The connector was made for the Samsung E250.

My husband recabled it the other day and I can't stop listening. I don't know what the drivers are but these sound great to me.

Wow.. Great..!
Unfortunately, this JVC buds sounds terrible, like old speakers, but at first try, it reminds me of old time, feels nostalgic..

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #46,908 of 75,692
Wow.. Great..!
Unfortunately, this JVC buds sounds terrible, like old speakers, but at first try, it reminds me of old time, feels nostalgic..

Put some new drivers in it.

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #46,910 of 75,692
So I'm thinking of getting something from Aliexpress, but due to the coronavirus outbreak in China now, am seriously thinking of holding off on the purchase. Anyone else holding off on their China purchases for now?

Ya i hope everyone recovers well and the virus doesn't become a pandemic. But from what I'm seen in the news, china is currently preventing certain transportation modes in/out of Wuhan where most of the coronavirus cases are for humans and animals. So the city is sort of under quarantine. No mention about preventing transport of inorganic stuff like audio gear, but i would think other cities in china are still able to procure and transport audio gear, though delays might be possible. Most of my previous audio purchases from Aliexpress seem to be sent out from Shenzhen/Beijing/Hong Kong, which aren't quarantined.

I am not an expert but i don't think the virus will survive and come all the way in the packaging over a few weeks when it reaches our mail box, but one can always wipe down the package with alcohol swabs when it comes? Or maybe hold off purchases for a few weeks until this dies down.

I think the fact that most sellers celebrate a week or two off work for chinese new year will likely be a bigger factor in delays for Aliexpress orders?

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #46,911 of 75,692
Ya i hope everyone recovers well and the virus doesn't become a pandemic. But from what I'm seen in the news, china is currently preventing certain transportation modes in/out of Wuhan where most of the coronavirus cases are for humans and animals. So the city is sort of under quarantine. No mention about preventing transport of inorganic stuff like audio gear, but i would think other cities in china are still able to procure and transport audio gear, though delays might be possible. Most of my previous audio purchases from Aliexpress seem to be sent out from Shenzhen/Beijing/Hong Kong, which aren't quarantined.

I am not an expert but i don't think the virus will survive and come all the way in the packaging over a few weeks when it reaches our mail box, but one can always wipe down the package with alcohol swabs when it comes? Or maybe hold off purchases for a few weeks until this dies down.

I think the fact that most sellers celebrate a week or two off work for chinese new year will likely be a bigger factor in delays for Aliexpress orders?

Good points. However, I did come across a news item somewhere (or maybe it was on the radio) saying something about how the authorities in China are starting to disinfect parcels coming in the postal system, particularly in/out of Wuhan.

Yes, initially I was holding off on purchasing stuff on Ali due to the long Chinese New Year holidays, but now the virus is the main reason.

'Hold off purchases for a few weeks until this dies down' - I fear this will take more than just a few weeks to resolve.

Anyway, let's hope...and pray...for the best.

EDIT: just found this while googling, not sure of its verifiability: https://medicine.news.am/eng/news/24950/can-one-get-coronavirus-through-parcels-from-china.html

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #46,912 of 75,692
Just want tk say, 2020 the Simphonio Dragon 2 plus is still my favorite ToTL earbud.

Faaeal Datura Pro is worth its price. But no where near the Dragon Simphonio 2 plus soundstage and timbre.

2 plus is amazing for classical music and complicated hiphop music like Jay-Z and 2pac.

Also it has very little distortion on bass and the rest at high volumes.

The DQSM is all impactful midbass and has horrible distortion in comparison and it is not worth it's price.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #46,913 of 75,692
Just want tk say, 2020 the Simphonio Dragon 2 plus is still my favorite ToTL earbud.

Faaeal Datura Pro is worth its price. But no where near the Dragon Simphonio 2 plus soundstage and timbre.

2 plus is amazing for classical music and complicated hiphop music like Jay-Z and 2pac.

Also it has very little distortion on bass and the rest at high volumes.

The DQSM is all impactful midbass and has horrible distortion in comparison and it is not worth it's price.
Glad you are enjoying those so much. I got both my Smabat St10 and M1 Pro in this week and both are excellent. M1 Pro is like listening to my 5” studio monitors. ST10 is like adding in a sub and has a sound of bigger speakers more like 6.5” studio speakers. And St10 has more detail overall. M1 Pro is more comfy. I see use for keeping them both. One for work and one for home.

How would you describe the Datura Pro? Was considering picking that up next sale that pops up on Ali.

As far as the viral outbreak . Open stuff by the trash can, wash your hands afterwards. Don’t rub your eyes or mouth. And you should be fine. It’s still pretty unknown just how resilient this one is but I can’t see it still living after a month or more in transit. But it has crossed my mind as I’ve already got things coming to me in transit from China.

I have to say I am enjoying listening to buds more than any other option right now. I’m sitting here watching my son play with his hot wheels track listening to some good tunes and sipping some hot tea. That’s what I call a good Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #46,914 of 75,692
So I'm thinking of getting something from Aliexpress, but due to the coronavirus outbreak in China now, am seriously thinking of holding off on the purchase. Anyone else holding off on their China purchases for now?

No

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #46,915 of 75,692
My expectations were admittedly low but the KBEAR Knight turned out to be a winner IMO. My review is up for anyone interested.

KBEAR Knight_12.jpg

Jan 27, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #46,918 of 75,692
I have been enjoying the MMCX earpods that I bought from the Chitty store on AE. Sometimes I find pods refreshing because I don't need foams for them to seat securely and of course no tips are being shoved into the ear and there is no dealing with the weight and clamp of headphones. Very carefree listening.

There was not much info on the site but there is information on the box that maybe someone here can read. They come without a cable... just the ear heads.

I currently have a black cable on them but I am posting this one with the white cable that I first used (while waiting for the other one to arrive) because it is easier to see the pods. These were so difficult to photograph for me. I am not sure which cable I will stick with. Does anyone recognize this cable..someone gave it to me so I have no idea what it actually is.

R0016419.JPG

R0016418.JPG

...and if anyone can read Chinese, here are the photos of the box

R0016438.JPG

R0016439.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #46,919 of 75,692
I have been enjoying the MMCX earpods that I bought from the Chitty store on AE. Sometimes I find pods refreshing because I don't need foams for them to seat securely and of course no tips are being shoved into the ear and there is no dealing with the weight and clamp of headphones. Very carefree listening.

There was not much info on the site but there is information on the box that maybe someone here can read. They come without a cable... just the ear heads.

I currently have a black cable on them but I am posting this one with the white cable that I first used (while waiting for the other one to arrive) because it is easier to see the pods. These were so difficult to photograph for me. I am not sure which cable I will stick with. Does anyone recognize this cable..someone gave it to me so I have no idea what it actually is.

I wonder why more companies don't use the earpods form factor. Looks comfortable and convenient.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #46,920 of 75,692

Cable looks like the one that comes with the PT15.

What do you think of the sound from them?

Middle area according to google translate:
The correct use of the headset: 1. When connecting the headset to the device, pay attention to insert it in place, so as to avoid poor contact and make the sound intermittent or silent. 2. When using headphones, the volume should be gradually increased from small to large. Do not make the volume suddenly high, so as not to damage the headphones. 3. Do not increase the volume to resist the surrounding noise such as bus, subway, and noise street, so as to avoid danger.

Specs from bottom left:
Impedance: 32 ohm
Frequency Response 18-21 (kHz)
Sensitivity: 103 (dB / W)
Speaker diameter: 14.2MM

Basically nothing much said. Just usage warnings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back