Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 1, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #46,246 of 75,441
Yes, they are thinner, more comfortable for the average ear, and sound great out of the box with super extension both on bass and treble. I might revise my opinion on the TO600, but for now, the TO400s would be my recommendation for the "best" mmcx toneking, fit, cable, and sound wise.

Mind you my recommendation is not necessarily what I personally enjoy the most, but what I think would suit most people the best.

I have a personal sweet spot for the TO200, but it doesn't have great bass extension, but for jazz I don't care :wink:
Thankx bro

Dec 1, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #46,247 of 75,441
I think that the $5ish Qian39, $5 Vido, and $10ish Edifier H180 (or NICEHCK B40 if you want a PK shell) are a really good earbud starting point for $20 for three different shells.

Btw do any of you own the Toneking ROS1? How would you describe the sound signature? I dunno if they need 'burn-in' but it feels like they're overly bright and lacking in bass and I say this as someone who prefers a clearer sound signature and no overpowering bass.
No, I don't own the Toneking ROS1...thnx for the input

Dec 1, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #46,248 of 75,441
haven't used my monks in a while
they have a heavy "V" very lively with up front mids
The TC200s are smoother and although they cover the range they don't over emphasize anything like the monks do
But the monks are a "fun" sounding bud
I guess that why people like them aside from their cost
thnx for the comparsion...really appreciate it.
I heard that the toneking TO400s are better(smoother,relaxed) than EBX and also have a wide soundstage. I love soundstage.
If its not too much to ask how do you think they compare against the masya and read that masya are prone to sibilance. Soundstage?bass?sibilance (vs TO400s)?
thank u

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #46,249 of 75,441
haven't used my monks in a while
they have a heavy "V" very lively with up front mids
The TC200s are smoother and although they cover the range they don't over emphasize anything like the monks do
But the monks are a "fun" sounding bud
I guess that why people like them aside from their cost

I don't know, it might just be my ears but I wouldn't classify the Monk+ as being 'fun' or having a heavily V-shaped sound signature. To me, they sound more mid-centric, flatter. Still good though.

The Vidos are 'fun'.

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #46,250 of 75,441
I'm in heaven now :)
Me too. I finally received my 11.11 order.

I'm very impressed. I listen mostly to classical music, and my measure of success is how realistically a product can reproduce the sound of live, unamplified acoustic instruments. My other high end buds are Rose Mojito and Blox YIN. The Turandot easily comes out on top, and also by far the most comfortable.

Dec 1, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #46,252 of 75,441
thnx for the comparsion...really appreciate it.
I heard that the toneking TO400s are better(smoother,relaxed) than EBX and also have a wide soundstage. I love soundstage.
If its not too much to ask how do you think they compare against the masya and read that masya are prone to sibilance. Soundstage?bass?sibilance (vs TO400s)?
thank u

Correct for TO400s vs EBX, the EBX has an almost "forced" clarity to my ears, the toneking are no slouch in detail and clarity, but sound more natural, effortless in their presentation.

If you're willing to wait, I'll have the TO180 in 2 to 3 weeks to compare.

Dec 1, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #46,253 of 75,441
Dec 1, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #46,254 of 75,441
Correct for TO400s vs EBX, the EBX has an almost "forced" clarity to my ears, the toneking are no slouch in detail and clarity, but sound more natural, effortless in their presentation.

If you're willing to wait, I'll have the TO180 in 2 to 3 weeks to compare.
Exactly what I wanted to know, I dont like overly bright forced details, I tend to like warm yet detailed sound with a hint of treble emphasis.

Yes I will wait for your TO180 to arrive...Also can u compare the soundstages of TO400s and EBX. Which is bigger(or wider) in presentation

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #46,255 of 75,441
Exactly what I wanted to know, I dont like overly bright forced details, I tend to like warm yet detailed sound with a hint of treble emphasis.

Yes I will wait for your TO180 to arrive...Also can u compare the soundstages of TO400s and EBX. Which is bigger(or wider) in presentation

My TO400s is at work so I'll have to bring them back home to compare, if I have not replied by Wednesday please pm me a reminder.

Dec 1, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #46,257 of 75,441
I can't find the BK2 on ae? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #46,258 of 75,441
Dec 1, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #46,260 of 75,441
I'm trying to resist the urge but... If you were to pick one...

Smabat m1 pro

Or

Toneking TO400

?

(You should all be answering , 'noooo! Save your money!!')

I'm looking for soundstage, clarity, bass extension (decent amount, neutral at least)... I have the Samara, EB2, B40, me80, ...

Thanks!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back