Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 30, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #46,231 of 75,407
TO600 : holy **** this thing is thick as hell, it helps with seal but it feels like getting raped by king-kong for my poor ears when I insert them :/

Out of the box, straight from dsd pro there is a lot of bass bleed, mids are a bit shouty and treble lacks clarity, sounds muddy like the TO200 before burn-in (but with a lot more bass, could be the seal tho)

Amped by nx3s that I received at the same time, bass is much more controlled and it helps clarity a bit, but it's not nearly as good as the TO400s.

Let's hope it improves with burn-in and I get along with the thickness, can't recommend it as it is, will report again after a few days.

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #46,232 of 75,407
Thanks a lot man...that cleared it for me....going for the qian39+red vido. Also interested in TC200 but couln't find it in aliexpress. Can you confirm if this is its name FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200. And if its more to ask how does RY4S sound compared to monk+
Again thank you

This is the one I ought from the CK Lewis Store;

FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200 Earbud Earphone HiFi Noise Cancelling EarBuds Flat Head earphone Pk Mx985 Hifi Bass Sound Earbuds ($4.74)

1. Product Name: FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200 HiFi Bass In-ear earphone
2. Brand: FENGRU
3. Model: TC200
4. Earphone type: In-ear
5. Impedance: 32Ω
6. Earphone sensitivity: 103dB/mW
7. Frequency range: 20-20000Hz
8. Interface: 3.5mm Gilded
9. Plug Type: Straight Plug
10.Cable Length: 1.2m±3cm
11.Color: As Picture
12.Whether with mic: No
13.Driver unit: 1DD driver unit

TC200.JPG

BTW
I just picked up the gold TC400 at to compare (seems like something Mrs Panda would like)

DIY Tingo TC400 Earbud Earphone HiFi Bass Sound Earbuds Flat Head Earphone Pk MX985 EMX500S TC200 Upgrade Version $11.09

1. Product Name: FENGRU DIY Tingo TC400 HiFi Bass In-ear earphone
3. Model: TC400
6. Earphone sensitivity: 105dB/mW
11.Color: Gold/Rose red
13.Driver unit: 15.4mm

TC400.JPG

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #46,233 of 75,407
Having received the TO600, I could complete my BF addiction basket :

The cable being better than expected, it will go to my T2, so no need for a new one for that iem.

The TO600 will get a **** 6 core, and the TO180 I'm ordering will get one too.

I bought the tomahawk in black without zircon as well.

I'm done for this year, and the best suited earbud for classical music regardless of price, will be gifted to my father for Christmas. I need to do more A/B but so far I suspect it will be the moondrop nameless.

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #46,234 of 75,407
This is the one I ought from the CK Lewis Store;

FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200 Earbud Earphone HiFi Noise Cancelling EarBuds Flat Head earphone Pk Mx985 Hifi Bass Sound Earbuds ($4.74)

1. Product Name: FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200 HiFi Bass In-ear earphone
3. Model: TC200
6. Earphone sensitivity: 103dB/mW
11.Color: As Picture
13.Driver unit: 1DD driver unit

BTW
I just picked up the gold TC400 at to compare (seems like something Mrs Panda would like)

DIY Tingo TC400 Earbud Earphone HiFi Bass Sound Earbuds Flat Head Earphone Pk MX985 EMX500S TC200 Upgrade Version $11.09

1. Product Name: FENGRU DIY Tingo TC400 HiFi Bass In-ear earphone
3. Model: TC400
6. Earphone sensitivity: 105dB/mW
11.Color: Gold/Rose red
13.Driver unit: 15.4mm

thnx bro....i see that u own monk+ can u compare it to the TC200

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #46,235 of 75,407
TO600 : holy **** this thing is thick as hell, it helps with seal but it feels like getting raped by king-kong for my poor ears when I insert them :/

Out of the box, straight from dsd pro there is a lot of bass bleed, mids are a bit shouty and treble lacks clarity, sounds muddy like the TO200 before burn-in (but with a lot more bass, could be the seal tho)

Amped by nx3s that I received at the same time, bass is much more controlled and it helps clarity a bit, but it's not nearly as good as the TO400s.

Let's hope it improves with burn-in and I get along with the thickness, can't recommend it as it is, will report again after a few days.
Are TO400s more comfortable(smaller) than these? Do u think TO400s can be driven by lg V40?

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #46,236 of 75,407

TO400s is more neutral and technically better (except that peak around 8-10k which can make some treble sound a bit harsh) but the TO400s has a disappointing bass response, even the To600 bass response doesn't extend as I'd hoped for but it does have much more quantity around 50-200hz (albeit too much bleeds into the mids). I didn't find the to600 shoutiness too bad with full foams, but it is a slightly aggressive upper mid and lower treble range, the fuller low mids help alleviate that though.

I really don't think the to600 is a bad earbud, it's just got a few flaws that make it difficult to recommend for a specific genre or preference. Maybe the tuning could've been done a little differently to relax the upper frequencies or tighten the bass.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #46,237 of 75,407
Are TO400s more comfortable(smaller) than these? Do u think TO400s can be driven by lg V40?

Yes, they are thinner, more comfortable for the average ear, and sound great out of the box with super extension both on bass and treble. I might revise my opinion on the TO600, but for now, the TO400s would be my recommendation for the "best" mmcx toneking, fit, cable, and sound wise.

Mind you my recommendation is not necessarily what I personally enjoy the most, but what I think would suit most people the best.

I have a personal sweet spot for the TO200, but it doesn't have great bass extension, but for jazz I don't care :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #46,238 of 75,407
TO400s is more neutral and technically better (except that peak around 8-10k which can make some treble sound a bit harsh) but the TO400s has a disappointing bass response, even the To600 bass response doesn't extend as I'd hoped for but it does have much more quantity around 50-200hz (albeit too much bleeds into the mids). I didn't find the to600 shoutiness too bad with full foams, but it is a slightly aggressive upper mid and lower treble range, the fuller low mids help alleviate that though.

I really don't think the to600 is a bad earbud, it's just got a few flaws that make it difficult to recommend for a specific genre or preference. Maybe the tuning could've been done a little differently to relax the upper frequencies or tighten the bass.

For now I wholeheartedly agree, except I find the TO400s bass quantity adequate. When I feel it's lacking I turn the bass boost on my topping amps, and invariably turn it off after a few minutes, it doesn't really need it (the EBX does)

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #46,239 of 75,407
For now I wholeheartedly agree, except I find the TO400s bass quantity adequate. When I feel it's lacking I turn the bass boost on my topping amps, and invariably turn it off after a few minutes, it doesn't really need it (the EBX does)
I found my unit couldn't present almost any sub bass below 75hz well. It really just dropped off a cliff after that. The to600 also has a lot of roll off in the sub bass but it's less noticeable because it has a strong mid bass emphasis.

I'm definitely picky when it comes to bass response but I found the to400s couldnt even take too much EQ in the bass, i think the driver just bottoms out in the deep bass department.

The mids and highs are quiet accurate though, sort of like a shozy bk but with a cleaner midrange and possibly more neutral overall. Doesn't reach the refinement and accuracy of something like the Qurart Ti7 mids as it could be considered a little dull (not quiet as realistic tonally as ti7 but its still impressive nonetheless.

Even the shozy bk has a much better bass response though, it's got more impact and extension.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #46,240 of 75,407
I have been listening to my TO600's for the last few days, playing from Foobar 2000 via Sabaj D5 dac/amp and the bass is excellent if you get the fitment correct. I been listening to a lot of Ambient, IDM and Progressive Rock.

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #46,241 of 75,407
Thanks a lot man...that cleared it for me....going for the qian39+red vido. Also interested in TC200 but couln't find it in aliexpress. Can you confirm if this is its name FENGRU DIY Tingo TC200. And if its more to ask how does RY4S sound compared to monk+
Again thank you

I think that the $5ish Qian39, $5 Vido, and $10ish Edifier H180 (or NICEHCK B40 if you want a PK shell) are a really good earbud starting point for $20 for three different shells.

Btw do any of you own the Toneking ROS1? How would you describe the sound signature? I dunno if they need 'burn-in' but it feels like they're overly bright and lacking in bass and I say this as someone who prefers a clearer sound signature and no overpowering bass.

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #46,242 of 75,407
Btw do any of you own the Toneking ROS1? How would you describe the sound signature? I dunno if they need 'burn-in' but it feels like they're overly bright and lacking in bass and I say this as someone who prefers a clearer sound signature and no overpowering bass.

I have the ROS1. I think I need to spend time figuring out how to get a good seal. Something about the size and shape is making that difficult for me. Maybe I should try donut foams on top of regular foams.

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #46,243 of 75,407
^ That makes it too wide though which defeats the reason why I bought it (small shell). Also I've never personally gotten a 'seal' from earbuds which is fine, they aren't IEMs. Though some tend to sit more securely while others including the ROS1 are a bit looser on any movement (which is maybe what you mean).

Edit: Okay I took the time to put a pair of the included donut foams on top of the regular foams (what a pain in the ass). It somehow does help with the fit and makes them a bit closer to neutral than tinny/bright sounding. But still....meh.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #46,244 of 75,407
I have been listening to my TO600's for the last few days, playing from Foobar 2000 via Sabaj D5 dac/amp and the bass is excellent if you get the fitment correct. I been listening to a lot of Ambient, IDM and Progressive Rock.

It is, switched to other genres (rock, hard-rock, hip-hop) for some hours, and I ended up forgetting what I had in my ears and enjoying the music.

It's just a much warmer and cozzy sounding earbud than what I expected, while I sort of expected an analytical, tight monster, instead I get a warm bass with some bleed and super polite treble, still surprised. Works well for classic hard-rock.

PS it seems to be doing the TO200 thing, and open up, from muddy and muffled to clear and airy with burn-in. Relief.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #46,245 of 75,407
thnx bro....i see that u own monk+ can u compare it to the TC200

haven't used my monks in a while
they have a heavy "V" very lively with up front mids
The TC200s are smoother and although they cover the range they don't over emphasize anything like the monks do
But the monks are a "fun" sounding bud
I guess that why people like them aside from their cost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back