Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 30, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #45,631 of 75,273
Earbuds recommendation requested:

I am looking to complement my current gear, final Audio E4000 iem and P7 wireless headphones, with a pair for earbuds.

I am looking for warm sounding earbuds with relaxed treble (I’m sensitive to treble). Mostly listen to acoustics, vocals & jazz, so things that matter are mid-focused (not recessed), great timbre, tonality, instrument separation and soundstage.

I’d appreciate any suggestions within $100 range.

thanks in advance !

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #45,632 of 75,273
Hi Guys. Did anyone try this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33043716825.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.1b653c00UFfSqq&mp=1

Looks good to me. Thinking to order them but also little confused between Remax RM305 and this one. Recently I ordered Secret Earbud from NICEHCK. They did not turn out to be very good. Sound is very thin and cable is also very delicate. I wanted some Warm but xklear sound and with good bass and of course with Mic. Any new suggestion?

Especially if something is available at very cheaper price on 11.11.

Anyone tried these too: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000282951150.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.6f223c00W7k2do&mp=1

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #45,633 of 75,273

I am looking to complement my current gear, final Audio E4000 iem and P7 wireless headphones, with a pair for earbuds.

I am looking for warm sounding earbuds with relaxed treble (I’m sensitive to treble). Mostly listen to acoustics, vocals & jazz, so things that matter are mid-focused (not recessed), great timbre, tonality, instrument separation and soundstage.

thanks in advance !
I'd save most of the $100. Get the Venture Electronics Monk+ and the NiceHCK B40. Then you can choose whether you want impressive separation and soundstage (B40) or fantastic mids and very relaxed treble (Monk+). They're both great, staple buds and you'd only be out $20 total for both.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #45,634 of 75,273

thanks in advance !
Shozy xb

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #45,635 of 75,273
In stock tuning I've yet to find a perfect earbud sadly, it seems most stock earbuds have overdone mid bass or are bass light. And most bass focused earbuds sacrifice mids quality/refinement.

I'm not asking for Harmann levels of sub bass obviously. Just a little bit of depth and a decent amount of impact around 50-100hz, with balanced mids and highs.

I know you were out of earbuds for a while but have you heard the ST-10 yet?

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #45,636 of 75,273
Anybody tried the new ve sun yet?

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #45,637 of 75,273

thanks in advance !

My personal favourite all-rounder with zero harshness, quite mid-focused and great sound across the board is the VE Asura 2.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #45,638 of 75,273
I believe my B40 unit is totally burned out. I received them on the first day of October and have been using them for my daily auditions.

Undoubtedly, the sound stage stands out with good layers and width, very spatial sound. As for the signature of the sound, the midrange stands out with excellent dynamics at a new level for vocals, the bass is long and textured with a lot of energy, it's on the warm side. I would just like more treble. Very good for rock and jazz (and even heavy metal).

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #45,639 of 75,273
I believe my B40 unit is totally burned out. I received them on the first day of October and have been using them for my daily auditions.

Undoubtedly, the sound stage stands out with good layers and width, very spatial sound. As for the signature of the sound, the midrange stands out with excellent dynamics at a new level for vocals, the bass is long and textured with a lot of energy, it's on the warm side. I would just like more treble. Very good for rock and jazz (and even heavy metal).

Burned in... Burned out means something negative in English.

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #45,640 of 75,273
I've just received my replacement B40 which was kindly sent by NiceHCK for free. This unit has definitely deeper more defined bass than my previous copy which is officially a lemon now. However, this new one has quite big channel imbalance in the bass/low mids area (4-5dB). One half has a tight, lean bass which reminds me a bit of RY4SUE (I suppose this should be the intended tuning) while the other one has fat boomy shallower bass which is a bit better version of the lemon's curve. I think the problem should be related to tuning foam, maybe the placing or the glue is inconsistent or got misaligned in the shipping process. (crushed box again) I experienced similar effects when I played around with tuning foams in my personal projects, so l believe this should be the problem. I'll try to reapply the tuning foam or completely replace it with something else, and see if it fixes the problem

Attachments

• B40_new_channel-imbalance.jpg
    B40_new_channel-imbalance.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #45,642 of 75,273
I'd save most of the $100. Get the Venture Electronics Monk+ and the NiceHCK B40. Then you can choose whether you want impressive separation and soundstage (B40) or fantastic mids and very relaxed treble (Monk+). They're both great, staple buds and you'd only be out $20 total for both.
Thank you, I'll like into both. Is there a way I can get all in one - fantastic mids, relaxed treble, soundstange as well as good timbre and tonality ?

Oct 31, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #45,644 of 75,273
Thanks ! Concerned as reviews I read mention highs to be bright ? I'll look into more reviews. Any FR graph to look at?

That surprises me, I definitely wouldn't put them as bright and I'm quite sensitive to overly bright highs and upper mids. For example the **** PT15 will never darken my ears again! I don't have any graphs myself, I'm just going off my ears. Hopefully someone here can post some graphs (or a link). I'd say they are more mids focused and with greater clarity than the Monk+ and a definite step up.

Oct 31, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #45,645 of 75,273
That surprises me, I definitely wouldn't put them as bright and I'm quite sensitive to overly bright highs and upper mids. For example the **** PT15 will never darken my ears again! I don't have any graphs myself, I'm just going off my ears. Hopefully someone here can post some graphs (or a link). I'd say they are more mids focused and with greater clarity than the Monk+ and a definite step up.

Got it. I am new to earbuds but as far as IEM's go I found Periodic Be (slight U/V), Sony N3AP (neutral with bass boost) to be too shrill and had to ~5-6dB down at 4 & 8K regins. Its been a long journey through many IEMS to find Final E4000 & 5000 as my preferred sound signature. Hence interested in looking at the FR graph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back