Oct 30, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #45,616 of 75,425
EB66.jpg

**** KP120
Qian 49
Faaeal Datura-Pro

What do you think about datura pro?

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #45,617 of 75,425
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #45,618 of 75,425
wow, the Faael Datura Pro already arrived? Mine are still on the way.

Do those Qian 49 have the same shape as apple airpods? Looks balance ended too. What is that?

I think the cable has a mic that is why there are 4 poles.. not balanced.

I am wondering if the shell is metal or plastic.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #45,619 of 75,425
Anybody use this cable? Is it work with earbud?
DUNU HULK

It will work with any earbud that uses removable MMCX or 2-pin connectors.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #45,620 of 75,425
Wow overkill interchangeable cable. haha

That Dunu definitely looks convenient for its price.

Though if I would spend money I would go for a weightless Linum cable. To keep earbuds fitting without being dragged down.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #45,621 of 75,425
What do you think about datura pro?

Maturity is the first thing to come to mind. The Datura-X has a warm and rather bassy sound - fun in a sense. Datura-Pro on the other hand has a calm, almost neutral but still warmish sound. Mid-range is still the focus of the presentation, but better tonal balance and thus better accuracy. Definitely the best Faaeal so far. The earpiece housing is also made out of a lighter metal this time, which is a plus as Datura-X is a bit heavy IMO.

Can you describe a little sound?

There are three different type of back vent filters that come with KP120, which gives you three noticeably different sound - the stock black filter is probably the best to my ear with the best balance between detail and warmth. You can also play with full or donut foam with different back vents to further tune the sound, but for the topic I'll keep to just describing the black filter - the overall sound kinda reminds me of PT15, but more upfront and aggressive, lighter on the feet with slightly bright-ish tuning but still have a good bass reach, almost like a very mild U-shaped sound. The re-position of the MMCX socket is a godsend. The over-the-ear design of the KP110 makes fit a hit or miss, but KP120 feels just like a conventional earbud and much easier to recommend.

I think the cable has a mic that is why there are 4 poles.. not balanced.

I am wondering if the shell is metal or plastic.

Full plastic and yes, it is a mic. A very warm and bassy sound if anyone wonder.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #45,622 of 75,425
To get bass from earbuds you need a perfect fit from foamies and that is without shifting from your seat.

Is it fair to compare to other form factors

I was asking about a comparison to other earbuds not IEMs or headphones.

Earbuds with good bass depth and impact still usually have significantly less extension than many IEMs and somewhat less than most full size headphones especially any with more sealing pads.

But i find the earbuds with the best impact under 100hz and quality have very addictive bass and sound significantly better than bass light earbuds. Because the tonal balance is much better.

That said I dont enjoy bloated, boomy bass. There's gotta be a certain level of control for it to sound right. Balance is key.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #45,623 of 75,425

Earbuds with good bass depth and impact still usually have significantly less extension than many IEMs and somewhat less than most full size headphones especially any with more sealing pads.

But i find the earbuds with the best impact under 100hz and quality have very addictive bass and sound significantly better than bass light earbuds. Because the tonal balance is much better.

That said I dont enjoy bloated, boomy bass. There's gotta be a certain level of control for it to sound right. Balance is key.
So which buds have you found with the bass you like? I understand it's fit dependant, but I'd still like to know please. Thx

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #45,624 of 75,425
The control on the bass of my Symphonio Dragon 2+ is amazing fast. But those cost alot.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #45,625 of 75,425

I usually add at least +1-2dB EQ between 30 and 125hz to my balanced sounding buds (which already have good bass), concentrated on the 50-80hz area. This way they gain that extra depth and impact that make them sound headphone worthy, essentially compensating for the natural rolloff. I'm not sure if this can be achieved with physical tuning, my experience is that the mids always suffer that way, and I prefer to keep the mids flat and increase the low bass in post. Maybe there is a magic driver or tuning foam or whatever but I'm a bit skeptical at this point.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #45,626 of 75,425
Maturity is the first thing to come to mind. The Datura-X has a warm and rather bassy sound - fun in a sense. Datura-Pro on the other hand has a calm, almost neutral but still warmish sound. Mid-range is still the focus of the presentation, but better tonal balance and thus better accuracy. Definitely the best Faaeal so far. The earpiece housing is also made out of a lighter metal this time, which is a plus as Datura-X is a bit heavy IMO.

Thank you very much for your opinion, very useful to have a reference.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #45,627 of 75,425
So which buds have you found with the bass you like? I understand it's fit dependant, but I'd still like to know please. Thx
Ks Ling with a liberated driver (because the stock tuning is just meh) has that inpact and extension with good control. Although it's a little on the warm side overall but it's very balanced and very smooth, not dull or boomy in the slightest. They used quality drivers and stuck it in a tin can like acoustic environment without good tuning, it really perplexes me tbh.

Retuned shozy cygnus has addictive bass but soundstage suffers with the bass orientated tuning. It has the perfect amount of emphasis around 50-100hz that delivers great impact.

In stock tuning I've yet to find a perfect earbud sadly, it seems most stock earbuds have overdone mid bass or are bass light. And most bass focused earbuds sacrifice mids quality/refinement.

That's why earbuds the drivers like ks ling/cygnus/penon bs1 have been my favorite so far. Although the bs1 struggles a bit more with mid bass tightness it has a very interesting but balanced tuning.

It's extremely difficult to find a TOTL level earbud in bass mids and highs. That's why I feel like many TOTL earbuds are overpriced because they don't deliver in all departments yet cost a premium price.

I've seen more promising results with retuned earbuds than many of the stock tuned TOTL earbuds ive heard. I'm not asking for Harmann levels of sub bass obviously. Just a little bit of depth and a decent amount of impact around 50-100hz, with balanced mids and highs.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #45,628 of 75,425
I have spent more time with that one lately, and have started to really like it, especially at high levels (caution advised...)

However I'm not convinced so far that even the quite powerful DSD pro feeds it with enough power to reveal it's full potential (will try this week with a balanced cable, and with a single-ended amp to compare) so that could be really demanding for a phone. It's not doing very well on my otg dac either.

I think the BK2 is a much better "starter", mmcx earbuds, easy to drive from any source, good bass and overall relaxed signature without any real flaw.

Following up on that for OP who asked about getting TO200 as first earbuds, I received a mmcx balanced cable and little lovely amp (Topping NX1s) yesterday, had a little time to test so it's not definitive but here is what I can say :

Completely forget driving the TO200 directly from a phone or otg DAC. The difference with an amp is night and day, it's not even the same earbuds, and it barelay reaches slightly loud levels on a phone or otg dac.

The DSD while having adequate power to drive it loud (and it's the same balanced or not, surprisingly to me, I'd thought balanced would have more grunt) it's still not really satisfactory and the sound remains veiled, thin and anemic.

DSD + amp = win.

I still overall prefer the BK2 for everyday listen, it's much warmer and has better bass texture to me, but the TO200 has other interesting characteristics when amped, fast transients, huge soundstage, it's more of a "technical" one and perhaps more an acquired taste.

Now waiting for the TO400s to come home to compare (hope that little amp can drive it properly) and maybe I'll go as far as ordering a T0180 and TO600 eventually :D (altho I don't know yet what portable amp can drive that 600, considering a walnut F2 just for that so far)

fBh5pMv.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #45,629 of 75,425
Ks Ling with a liberated driver (because the stock tuning is just meh) has that inpact and extension with good control. Although it's a little on the warm side overall but it's very balanced and very smooth, not dull or boomy in the slightest. They used quality drivers and stuck it in a tin can like acoustic environment without good tuning, it really perplexes me tbh.

Retuned shozy cygnus has addictive bass but soundstage suffers with the bass orientated tuning. It has the perfect amount of emphasis around 50-100hz that delivers great impact.

In stock tuning I've yet to find a perfect earbud sadly, it seems most stock earbuds have overdone mid bass or are bass light. And most bass focused earbuds sacrifice mids quality/refinement.

That's why earbuds the drivers like ks ling/cygnus/penon bs1 have been my favorite so far. Although the bs1 struggles a bit more with mid bass tightness it has a very interesting but balanced tuning.

It's extremely difficult to find a TOTL level earbud in bass mids and highs. That's why I feel like many TOTL earbuds are overpriced because they don't deliver in all departments yet cost a premium price.

I've seen more promising results with retuned earbuds than many of the stock tuned TOTL earbuds ive heard. I'm not asking for Harmann levels of sub bass obviously. Just a little bit of depth and a decent amount of impact around 50-100hz, with balanced mids and highs.
Thanks. That's kinda what I figured, but was hoping maybe you found something in stock form.

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #45,630 of 75,425
Hi Guys. Did anyone try this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33043716825.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.1b653c00UFfSqq&mp=1

Looks good to me. Thinking to order them but also little confused between Remax RM305 and this one. Recently I ordered Secret Earbud from NICEHCK. They did not turn out to be very good. Sound is very thin and cable is also very delicate. I wanted some Warm but xklear sound and with good bass and of course with Mic. Any new suggestion?

Especially if something is available at very cheaper price on 11.11.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back