Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 12, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #45,346 of 75,279
Anything new to come out in the past few months in the budget range that has a smaller diameter shell (Qian39/Monk Lite or PK2 type shell for example)?

Also are those silver Fengruu buds still one of the better ones for a brighter/clearer soundstage?

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #45,347 of 75,279
Anything new to come out in the past few months in the budget range that has a smaller diameter shell (Qian39/Monk Lite or PK2 type shell for example)?

Also are those silver Fengruu buds still one of the better ones for a brighter/clearer soundstage?
for small shell: NiceHCK B40, but it can be a bit fat for certain ears. Plus I've tried out a diy mx760 set few days ago and I'm quite impressed with it, you can buy it for 5usd but you need to get a cable separately and solder the thing. The shell is small just slightly larger than qian39. Also I've read about Remax 301 here recently, maybe worth a check too. I'm personally interested in Faaeal Z-sound, still waiting for some impressions ; )
I had Fengru Silver for a brief period, I wasn't that impressed to be honest the lower mids were very recessed, which rendered the vocals thin and brittle. Bass and highs are ok but not outstanding, the shell is very slippery and the cable is very short. It could have sounded better with some mods but the driver fell apart when I opened the shell. I much prefer Qian69 which has similar bass and highs while the mids are fuller with wider soundstage and the shell is very comfortable.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #45,350 of 75,279
Nah. The B40 is almost the same as a MX500 shell. Its 16.7mm vs 16.8mm. Most smaller PK shells are 16.1mm

I'm not aware of any new budget options for small diameter size shells. Non-budget there is the M1 pro.
I wasn't aware that small shell equals front cover diameter.… It still sits more securely in my ears than an mx500 shell and the stem is half as big. But I agree it's not the most comfortable option out there.

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #45,351 of 75,279
I wasn't aware that small shell equals front cover diameter.… It still sits more securely in my ears than an mx500 shell and the stem is half as big. But I agree it's not the most comfortable option out there.

Well, not just the diameter. The thickness or depth makes a difference too. :L3000:

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #45,352 of 75,279
Yes, the Mixx Tribute. About the same size as the Qian39/Monk Lite but much better sounding than both. £4 in Asda over here, I got three of them. My current favourites.

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #45,353 of 75,279
Yes, the Mixx Tribute. About the same size as the Qian39/Monk Lite but much better sounding than both. £4 in Asda over here, I got three of them. My current favourites.

Yay! Glad we mentioned them. It was an impulse buy. We have 3 colors between us. Started out with the grey for him and the black for me. I picked up a gold one a few days later when we were buying food.

Definitely surprised by these.

Oct 12, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #45,354 of 75,279
Yay! Glad we mentioned them. It was an impulse buy. We have 3 colors between us. Started out with the grey for him and the black for me. I picked up a gold one a few days later when we were buying food.

Definitely surprised by these.
Silver (space grey!), rose gold and purple for me. I'll probably get the other three. Good recommendation, I credited you a few pages back.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #45,355 of 75,279
Silver (space grey!), rose gold and purple for me. I'll probably get the other three. Good recommendation, I credited you some a few pages back.

No other colors available at our Asda..only the ones we have.

Envious that you found purple.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #45,356 of 75,279
No other colors available at our Asda..only the ones we have.

Envious that you found purple.
That's a shame, the purple is nice.

Actually, I'd better go back tomorrow in case they sell out of the other colours...

Oct 12, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #45,357 of 75,279

Mk1 8 braids. Mk2 standard and Mk2 mmcx
I ended up buying the new mk2 NV on Rholupat as it s the signature i prefer from the mk lineup. Mk2 NV is described as flat natural and brighter on the site. (Never tried mk3).
From your description i wonder if i should not have better bought the mk32. But i wonder if mk32 signature is more similar to the mk1 signature.

if MK1 is more lowbass and midbass dominant, and MK2 is more V shaped lowbass and treble dominant, then the MK3 is more balanced with more forward treble.

the MK32 is in between the MK3 and MK1, tilted more to MK3. it's more similar to the MK3, but has a bit of more bass boost, and better z axis depth than all previous MK

I'd say if you have the MK3, than though there's improvement, it may or may not be worth it to buy, depending on the person.

Oct 12, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #45,358 of 75,279
Quick question -
I'm using the **** Bk2, and for the price, they really aren't that bad. The fit with full foams for me is about perfect (14.8mm).
I'm looking to order another bud next week, but can't make a decision. I think I've just excepted that earbuds are a roll the dice, buy and try type of ordeal, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I'm looking at the BGVP DX5, Smabat M1 Pro, or one of the Ourart buds.
Fit is most important, and I want to wear them wire down. All of these are 14.2mm I believe. Secondly, the one issue I have with the Bk2 is that snare and kick drums sound a bit like paper. I'd also like a touch better separation, and a little deeper / wider Soundstage. Can anyone make a suggestion as to which of the above listed earbuds might be best for me?

Oct 12, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #45,359 of 75,279
P1030753.JPG
Moondrop Chaconne

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #45,360 of 75,279
the MK32 is in between the MK3 and MK1, tilted more to MK3. it's more similar to the MK3

I'd say if you have the MK3, than though there's improvement, it may or may not be worth it to buy, depending on the person.

I have all 3, I don’t like MK3, I really like MK2, so-so MK1. MK32 will not surprise me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back