Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 8, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #45,256 of 75,451
Thanks for checking. I find the smaller & shallower SR2 more comfortable.
This actually got me thinking whether the B40 could be compatible with mx500/mx760 drivers… If it's not just glue or extra thick plastic on the cover but they actually modified the shell to snap on bigger front covers then it might be possible. I haven't got any real support from the sellers so far so basically wasted 20bucks on empty shells and mediocre cables.. I might just put on a dispute and disassemble these buds, at least we get to see what's inside lol. If I ever get some kind of refund I'll just buy some speakers from it as replacement, it would be fun if this b40 could actually accept something like an emx500 or the speakers I have in my mx760.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #45,257 of 75,451
@antdroid - did you receive your Chaconnes yet?

Here are my initial impressions of them... Beautiful sounding earbuds. These are the only earbuds I've heard so far that I think (to my ears) could rival or surpass my Shozy BKs. Need more listening time to make a definitive call on that.

They are an overall brighter-sounding earbud. Mine came with a little card recommending to use the enclosed "sponges". I agree. Without full foamies they're a little too much. With full foams they sound awesome.

Some negatives though. They aren't cheap. They're a bit blingy. They're not as ergonomic as the Shozy BKs. The Shozys just sit perfectly in my ears. The Chaconnes feel like they're fighting to escape. I don't think I'd have much luck running with these. The other issue is that the bass is terribly dependent on the seal (or not) against the ear canal opening. If you get them to seat just right, the bass is right up there with that of the Shozys, but if you move around a bit, the low end can get a bit lost. I need to experiment a bit more with the fit and with different foams.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with these. They rival the best IEMs I've heard for sound quality.

Oct 8, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #45,258 of 75,451
@antdroid - did you receive your Chaconnes yet?

Here are my initial impressions of them... Beautiful sounding earbuds. These are the only earbuds I've heard so far that I think (to my ears) could rival or surpass my Shozy BKs. Need more listening time to make a definitive call on that.

They are an overall brighter-sounding earbud. Mine came with a little card recommending to use the enclosed "sponges". I agree. Without full foamies they're a little too much. With full foams they sound awesome.

Some negatives though. They aren't cheap. They're a bit blingy. They're not as ergonomic as the Shozy BKs. The Shozys just sit perfectly in my ears. The Chaconnes feel like they're fighting to escape. I don't think I'd have much luck running with these. The other issue is that the bass is terribly dependent on the seal (or not) against the ear canal opening. If you get them to seat just right, the bass is right up there with that of the Shozys, but if you move around a bit, the low end can get a bit lost. I need to experiment a bit more with the fit and with different foams.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with these. They rival the best IEMs I've heard for sound quality.

Just got them today and just got home to try them out a few minutes ago.

I am a tad unimpressed so far. Lacking bass, but I feel it comes back when I press on them to get better seal, so I may need to double up the foam or do some thing to get better seal. Otherwise, the build is impressive and the cable is fantastic. It sounds bright, and that's a bit annoying but that could be due to seal. I'll play around a little more or see if i can correct with EQ.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #45,259 of 75,451
I used my Chaconne with donut foam. As with other Moondrop's earbuds, it sounds better with foam.

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #45,262 of 75,451
Just received the Remax RM-301. Sound is decently good out of the box and fit reminds me of old Sony earbuds due to the unique driver cover design. Even comes with instructions on how to burn them in for 120 hours to obtain 90% optimal sound. For $5, I'm very pleased.

I have two pairs of the Remax RM-301 on the way from Fasttech. I have never ordered from them before. They shipped Monday. No red or black available so I ordered yellow for me and orange for @HungryPanda , I think Gearbest has black ones.

Are these used with foams and are they as small as they seem on screen? My Sony HPM-64 earbuds are the only ones that I do use without foam but they have that rubberized edge.

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #45,263 of 75,451
I have two pairs of the Remax RM-301 on the way from Fasttech. I have never ordered from them before. They shipped Monday. No red or black available so I ordered yellow for me and orange for @HungryPanda , I think Gearbest has black ones.

Are these used with foams and are they as small as they seem on screen? My Sony HPM-64 earbuds are the only ones that I do use without foam but they have that rubberized edge.

Smaller than MX500, they come with a pair of foams that I have to put them on, though I can see people using without them because the odd shaped edge allows the fit to be secure this way too. One thing interesting is that this is the first pair of earbuds I have that are made of hard but flexible rubber (silicone?). Only the driver cover is made of hard plastic while the rest of the body, especially the stem area can actually be bent a little. An odd choice of material because I don't know if this greatly affects the tuning.

Oct 9, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #45,264 of 75,451
Do you what model of shell is used for Headroom MS16 ?
I find it as comfy as Yuin...

Is the same shell used in higher range earbuds, or even totl ?

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #45,265 of 75,451
Guys I don't wanna sound sad, I come here daily for recommendations for earbuds, like everyone here i want to enjoy my music, I know for sure IEMs are not the way to go, I like earbuds, and yes I have some which I like but I still cant enjoy all my music, i haven't invested in any earbud above 50 usd because I am not sure which one to go for, I thought Smabat ST 10 is the one but then I have small ears so i am not sure if I should go for it.

kindly suggest

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #45,266 of 75,451
Guys I don't wanna sound sad, I come here daily for recommendations for earbuds, like everyone here i want to enjoy my music, I know for sure IEMs are not the way to go, I like earbuds, and yes I have some which I like but I still cant enjoy all my music, i haven't invested in any earbud above 50 usd because I am not sure which one to go for, I thought Smabat ST 10 is the one but then I have small ears so i am not sure if I should go for it.

kindly suggest

First, please tell us what you already have (everyone should file in their profile info) and what you feel like you are missing out on.

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #45,267 of 75,451
I thought Smabat ST 10 is the one but then I have small ears so i am not sure if I should go for it.
kindly suggest

Smabat M1 Pro I think it is made for smaller ears

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #45,268 of 75,451
Smabat M1 Pro I think it is made for smaller ears

It is, but I would first like to find out what he already has and likes or doesn't like. It may not be necessary to spend that much.

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #45,269 of 75,451
20191009_154706.jpg

after Willy sent me a couple of prototypes for his new lineup (MK32 SPE, MK150, and MK300), i like his new tuning so much that i asked him would it be possible to upgrade my current Willsounds to be tuned like the new lineup. so he upgraded my old 300ohm to the new MK300's sound, also my MK1 and MK3 with the MK32' SPEs tuning. it's still slightly different than the market MK32 SPE, because that one has a new driver, while my units still use the old MK1 and MK3 drivers.. but the upgrade in sound is so noticable.

his tuning really matures a lot, his current lineup are even better than the already great older ones. the most noticable improvement is deeper bass response on the new MK300, better separation and finer mids/treble grain on the MK32, and also better depth of field/better Z axis soundstage for all of them compared to the old versions

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #45,270 of 75,451
It is, but I would first like to find out what he already has and likes or doesn't like. It may not be necessary to spend that much.
I listen to almost everything from classical to metal, drumnbass to dubstep.
So bass should also be there as well as mids and treble should be good above all they should be enjoyable or musical.
Buds I already used
Monk+(best budget buds but that's it)
Yincrow x6 (too big for my ears)
Sr2 (great for mid centric music but not bass)
B40(not a great fit also I find them average)
Shiro Yuki(little sibilant)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back