Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 4, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #45,211 of 75,273
I've written a message to both Chitty and Jim, but of course this week nobody answers because of the holiday, and I was dumb enough to confirm the order as soon as I've received it. So I'm quite torn between opening a dispute right away, because I have only 15 days from confirmation to start one. I've measured the frequency responses and put those next to a qian25, it's very significant I hope that's enough proof for them.

Do you have any graphics?

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #45,212 of 75,273
These are sold here in my country at some online shops for 7-8usd. Is it any good?

I've written a message to both Chitty and Jim, but of course this week nobody answers because of the holiday, and I was dumb enough to confirm the order as soon as I've received it. So I'm quite torn between opening a dispute right away, because I have only 15 days from confirmation to start one. I've measured the frequency responses and put those next to a qian25, it's very significant I hope that's enough proof for them.

Starting a dispute right away is not a good way to go if you want good relations in the future with sellers. They want happy customers.

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #45,213 of 75,273
Do you have any graphics?
So here are my simple measurements, I chose qian25 because it's a very well known fairly balanced earbud with nothing special in its response curve. As you can see the SR2 is complete disaster and the B40 is mostly fails at bass and the upper mids are a little bit rough. A normal earbud should keep it's bass at least until 100hz before starting to dip, now they basically sound like some laptop speaker with almost no audible bass. The measurement is not perfect of course but fairly accurate in my opinion apart from 2 minor peaks which can be disregarded easily (around 250hz and a small one around 1.2k which are always there and I dont know how to compensate it yet)
b40_faulty_vs_qian25.jpg sr2_faulty_vs_q25.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #45,214 of 75,273
So here are my simple measurements, I chose qian25 because it's a very well known fairly balanced earbud with nothing special in its response curve. As you can see the SR2 is complete disaster and the B40 is mostly fails at bass and the upper mids are a little bit rough. A normal earbud should keep it's bass at least until 100hz before starting to dip, now they basically sound like some laptop speaker with almost no audible bass. The measurement is not perfect of course but fairly accurate in my opinion apart from 2 minor peaks which can be disregarded easily (around 250hz and a small one around 1.2k which are always there and I dont know how to compensate it yet)

The Quian69 graph has already been posted on the famous AudioBudget site, so if you can do it, I think Quian69 is better than Qian25 as a measurement for comparison.
Then you can show the seller the Quian69 graph on this site as a reference.
(https://audiobudget.com/product/QianYun/Qian69)

Oct 4, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #45,215 of 75,273
The Quian69 graph has already been posted on the famous AudioBudget site, so if you can do it, I think Quian69 is better than Qian25 as a measurement for comparison.
Then you can show the seller the Quian69 graph on this site as a reference.
(https://audiobudget.com/product/QianYun/Qian69)
He uses a completely different method that cant be compared with mine unfortunately. In my graphs an ideal flat sounding earbud should show a straight horizontal line, like how diyaudioheaven measures. I think Audiobudget measures the direct sound of the driver like manufacturers do which is completely detached from the actual sound one hears in the real world, but can be standardized. My goal is to make direct comparisons and show the difference I cant make those kind of industry tests.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #45,217 of 75,273
In the meantime I've took some macro photos of my SR2 and there are some fairly large gaps between the driver cover and shell, and glue residue creeps out of them. I think this should be one of the reasons of faulty sound, I sent them to Chitty. I can't push it back or stuff like that because the the gaps are lateral and the glue is solid.
They just shipped today so I should be getting them early or mid of next week.
Thanks I'm interested :)

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #45,219 of 75,273
Yincrow RW-1000: carbon fiber diaphragm with titanium coating, price around $155, ETA end of the month

Update: $155 is a misquote. Actual price is around $85 or so. It has began shipping in China.

Oct 6, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #45,221 of 75,273
On BVGP the official store on Ali express it says about the BVGP DX5.... "14.2mm biological diaphragm dynamic driver". Anyone know what a "biological driver" is? Are they harvesting them? Ugggh.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #45,223 of 75,273
On BVGP the official store on Ali express it says about the BVGP DX5.... "14.2mm biological diaphragm dynamic driver". Anyone know what a "biological driver" is? Are they harvesting them? Ugggh.

English is usually not a strong point for Chineae headphone makers.

Also, biologocal / biocellulose diaphragm is probably a misquote, as DX5 uses DLC (Diamond-Like-Carbon) diaphragm.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #45,224 of 75,273
Biocellulose
Not just the Chinese have the bad translations (there must be a few million Chinese Americans who can translate from their home in North America. Its a third world thing. American product names show POWER while Asian Product names are more aesthetic and emotional. ie "Little Kitty", and when I saw the gigantic electric conglomerate 50 years ago named "Brother"-that says it all. PowerHouse vs. Brother LOL
I checked here and they are Chinese https://www.banggood.com/buy/bgvp-dx5.html

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #45,225 of 75,273
Hi guys I have Shiro Yuki and I like the sound signature but it has a little bit of sibilance or brightness is there a way to fix that, I am using full foams
Not easy to fix without modding (or EQ). You could try using a full foam and a donut foam on top. That's your best bet if you don't mess with EQ.

You could also try opening it up and reducing the tuning foam to increase the frequency below 2khz which would help balance the sound. But if you're not experienced in modding it can be tough to get the right balance and you may damage the earbud if its glued shut.

Your best bet is to EQ down the target area, or buy a new earbud with less sibilance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back