Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 15, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #42,871 of 75,563
Yes, 150Ω. Definitely an earbud that I would love to acquire as their most unique signature is supposed to be the warmest, smoothest, and most relaxing of the entire VE line... but alas they are also not for sale (at least not directly) :frowning2:
They are awesome! I bought one RunAbout just to get one spare...

Jun 15, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #42,873 of 75,563
Love the Zen LL, got a free pair because I’d bought the Zen II both are absolutely ‘the dogs dangly bits’! :wink:

Jun 15, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #42,874 of 75,563
Guys Any idea how do Crystalcore Audio buds sound?
They look so rad.
I am thinking of getting this one in 150ohms

Screenshot_20190615-175154__01.jpg

Jun 15, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #42,875 of 75,563
Guys Any idea how do Crystalcore Audio buds sound?
They look so rad. I am thinking of getting this one in 150ohms
I'll surely let you know in about 6-9 days when I receive my Crystalcore Audio Kryptonite Copper 150Ω ear buds and give 'em a listen.

Jun 15, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #42,876 of 75,563
I got water stuck in my ear the other day and pulled out my Willsound MK2s and hooked them up to my ES100 for the first time in a long time.
I had been listening pretty much only to True Wireless Earbuds and my good old ER4XR for the last few months.
Anyways, it sounded absolutely amazing, and was great to rediscover. Now I am really itching to get something even better!

I heard the Smabat is pretty good and the Amazon here actually has them cheaper than Aliexpress with next day delivery, but I read the reviews that they are pretty V-shaped and not really good for mids-vocals. Would I be better off with something else if I absolutely need detachable cables?

Jun 15, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #42,880 of 75,563
I heard the Smabat is pretty good and the Amazon here actually has them cheaper than Aliexpress with next day delivery, but I read the reviews that they are pretty V-shaped and not really good for mids-vocals. Would I be better off with something else if I absolutely need detachable cables?

After reading your post earlier, I did some extended listening to some of my favorite male and female vocalists. I did not find the ST-10 to be at all V shaped. Mids were excellent to me as was everything else. I was using the stock cable attached to my Opus #1 DAP.

I also lent it to @HungryPanda for a listen. Hopefully he will comment.

After reading through the reviews I want to share this paragraph from @subwoof3r 's reviiew:

"Don’t underestimate this step, foams choice is probably the most important thing to do on these ST-10. Personally, I found them excellent with standard full thick foams. This way the bass are going extremely low due to the better fit, without sacrifying details at all and keep a great amount of mids and slightly taming the highs which makes ST-10 sounding close to perfection."

That sums it up for me.

Jun 15, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #42,881 of 75,563

IMHO, like @mbwilson111 who posted a bit earlier I hear nothing v-shaped with the Smabat, the midrange does not sound recessed to me. If you trust ClieOS opinion he says it is neutral.

Jun 15, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #42,882 of 75,563
I enjoyed listening to the Smabat ST-10 and I was rather surprised how much better it sounded than my Svara-L's. Bass was tighter and more impactful, mids were fine and treble came through clear. Full foams were on them while I listened. I played some vocal jazz, blues rock and some modern pop.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #42,883 of 75,563

You will have to take in the difference between each reviewer - if a person has been listened to something warm or mid-centric, then Smabat will probably sound rather V-shaped because how extended it is on both ended. My reference is however ER4S / ER4SR, so I tend to pay a little more attention to the relative quantity between the different frequency range and interpret ST-10 to fairly flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back