Earbuds Round-Up
May 31, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #42,391 of 75,257
tagging @ClieOS since he's the only guy I've seen here having any models from them.

also super interested in the Zeva Lord.E since he considers them TOTL, waiting for sales or more info on the MMCX version. might make a nice upgrade from my EBX.

ZEVA seems to be only interested in making earbuds with exceptionally good price/performance ratio and the SuperFire is one of such example. Sound signature is warmish tilting toward neutral. Good reach on both ends of the frequency response and a mildly sweet mid-range give it a fairly versatile sound that should go well most genre of music and the sound stage is pretty good as well. There is really no real weakness to speak of, especially considered it is a $15 earbuds.

Lord.E is a great earbud as well, but it is not the easiest to drive. You will want to use gears that of desktop level in order to make it shines.

May 31, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #42,392 of 75,257
ZEVA seems to be only interested in making earbuds with exceptionally good price/performance ratio and the SuperFire is one of such example. Sound signature is warmish tilting toward neutral. Good reach on both ends of the frequency response and a mildly sweet mid-range give it a fairly versatile sound that should go well most genre of music and the sound stage is pretty good as well. There is really no real weakness to speak of, especially considered it is a $15 earbuds.

Lord.E is a great earbud as well, but it is not the easiest to drive. You will want to use gears that of desktop level in order to make it shines.
And how to buy it?

May 31, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #42,393 of 75,257
And how to buy it?

...and that's the real reason why you don't see ZEVA popping all over the place - they were only sold on their own store in Taobao AFAIK.

May 31, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #42,395 of 75,257

its currently usd$160 for the MMCX Lord.E, seems like really great value. Though their taobao shop is now barren with only 2 models up for purchase. Any idea why that is?

https://shop125430789.taobao.com/se...c.w4002-18931857116.1.5e89f3315txx3W&search=y

May 31, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #42,396 of 75,257
.... Though their taobao shop is now barren with only 2 models up for purchase. Any idea why that is?

There were only 4 main series: Lord.E, Dragon series, Snow series, and SuperFire. Dragon series is currently waiting for next upgrade model, the Dragon 3, to come out. The Snow series is just a simple case of running out of stock and waiting for new stock to arrive. That's why they only have 2 models for sale now.

May 31, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #42,397 of 75,257
tagging @ClieOS since he's the only guy I've seen here having any models from them.

also super interested in the Zeva Lord.E since he considers them TOTL, waiting for sales or more info on the MMCX version. might make a nice upgrade from my EBX.
Thanks!

...and that's the real reason why you don't see ZEVA popping all over the place - they were only sold on their own store in Taobao AFAIK.
Yeap.. But from what I heard from the customer service last night they are planning to sell their models internationally just not sure on which platform yet. I told them to go for aliexpress haha

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #42,400 of 75,257

I concur about the K600.
And, I'd add the homemade 600Ω Beryllium earbud I just assembled [$68.83 (Drivers = $43.20, Metal Shells = $18.50, MMCX Jacks = $7.13)]

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #42,403 of 75,257

Users who are viewing this thread

Back