Earbuds Round-Up
May 31, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #42,361 of 75,140
Sabia MMCX. They were sold out, but he's making me one (but, he's been pretty busy, so it might be a while).

You will have to add a couple of things when those are ready. At least an orange Kube:)

The page does say something about holidays until the 10th...so orders will be delayed a bit this time. I do not need to order anything at the moment...only if he finds some more colors of Kubes... or some other interesting Indonesian bud.

I love my copper colored ANN N-200 too but have not actually compared it to my black cabled one. I don't have the silver.

May 31, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #42,362 of 75,140
Kube V1 is closer to HT than ANN200, and ANN200 isn't a 'thin' sounding in the bass as my measurement shows. It depends greatly on the fit and foams.

Thanks for graphs! I think I`ll ditch ANN200 from list.
They are based on the "WW (waynes world) curve", the same curve that likes the Phillips X1 so much lol.

The ones that always make me shake my head (in amazement) when I throw them in are the Kube V1's - very cool surroundstage and pretty impressive bass (and I've only got the boring black ones!). The ANN200's are more traditional sounding, but great (I think I prefer the copper vs silver cable fwiw). Or maybe get the MoonDrop Shiro-Yuki's which @mbwilson111 just sold about sold me on lol.

Having said this, I don't know how the Asura 2.0's sound. I have the beta Asura's, and I find them to be a bit bright and bass light for my preferences, but I suspect the 2.0's are tuned differently.
Asura 2.0 has very natural timbre and mids. I haven`t listened them so much or compared head-to-head with HT curve oriented IEMs but seems they have satisfying quality bass and not bright to my ears.

I think I`ll go with these but as You can see there is room for one more buddy:

1) MD Shiro-Yuki
2) Kube V1
3) ???

Any other recommendations to take place of ANN200?
Yincrow RW-9? NiceHCK DIY Graphene? Yincrow X6? TY Hi-Z F150TS? HE150 Pro? Tingo TC200? 16Ohm pk1/pk2/SR2?

HUH! So many choices in earbud world...

Slightly more, but still budget, these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/diy-earphone-pk1-pk2-SR2-16ohms-32ohms-150ohms-TPE-wire/32801646835.html

Lovely balanced sound, great 3D soundstage with exceptional imaging and layering. Some have compared them to buds costing hundreds of $$. Also, they have a slightly smaller shell which some prefer. Go for the 16ohm ones. Another of my top three.
Which one exactly? 16Ohm SR2 or regular 16Ohm?

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #42,363 of 75,140
Thanks for graphs! I think I`ll ditch ANN200 from list.

Asura 2.0 has very natural timbre and mids. I haven`t listened them so much or compared head-to-head with HT curve oriented IEMs but seems they have satisfying quality bass and not bright to my ears.

I think I`ll go with these but as You can see there is room for one more buddy:

1) MD Shiro-Yuki
2) Kube V1
3) ???

Any other recommendations to take place of ANN200?
Yincrow RW-9? NiceHCK DIY Graphene? Yincrow X6? TY Hi-Z F150TS? HE150 Pro? Tingo TC200? 16Ohm pk1/pk2/SR2?

HUH! So many choices in earbud world...

Get two Kube colors...maybe the pink for your wife. Sadly, the purple seems to have sold out.

Haha..you have only just begun. At some point, after exploring what is out there I can imagine you wanting to make your own:). I have several HungryPanda bud! They are all excellent.

May 31, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #42,364 of 75,140
Get two Kube colors...maybe the pink for your wife. Sadly, the purple seems to have sold out.

Haha..you have only just begun. At some point, after exploring what is out there I can imagine you wanting to make your own:). I have several HungryPanda bud! They are all excellent.
My wife has all-over-purple modified ZSN as You remember from KZ thread :wink:

1 pair of each of those 3 I`m going to choose is enough :wink:

If I like one of those very much, I might be doing similar "NUN-mod" as I did long time ago with original Monk :p

Now tell me guys&girls what to choose for 3rd !?
Yincrow RT-9 vs. Tingo TC200 vs. 16 Ohm pk1 ?

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #42,365 of 75,140
My wife has all-over-purple modified ZSN as You remember from KZ thread :wink:

1 pair of each of those 3 I`m going to choose is enough :wink:

If I like one of those very much, I might be doing similar "NUN-mod" as I did long time ago with original Monk :p

I can't speak for the other buds, but the RW-9's are great. ClieOS sold me on them with the below impressions, and I'm glad that he did:

Have this for a couple of days now. It can be sum'ed up as the "improved Yincrow X6", mainly you still get a slightly V-shaped sound from the X6, but with a better textured and forwarded midrange, making it the most balanced of all tuning in the whole Yincrow's line-up. In fact, I think I like it ever better then RW-777 - given it is actually cheaper than RW-777, I think Yincrow has gotten itself a winner here.

RW-9 is probably best described as the mid ground between the more V-shaped sounding X6 and the slightly mid focus RW-777. It is still slightly V-shaped, but with a much better textured and detailed vocal range, making it the best belanced sound signature in the whole Yincrow lineup. While the overall SQ is about the same as RW-777 (which is about upper mid to lower high in my book), I actually prefer it over RW-777 as it is much more versatile when it comes to different music genres. All and all, I'll call it a win for Yincrow, especially since it is priced cheaper than RW-777.

May 31, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #42,366 of 75,140
Ok, unless somebody convinces me other way regarding SQ against Asura 2.0 (if there is point of getting those when A2.0 is better?), I`m going to try out these:
1) MD Shiro-Yuki
2) ANN200
3) Kube V1

Are 2 & 3 also HT curve oriented?
With respect, I have the Kube v1 (along with many others recommended on here) and I find the Fengru Silver I suggested to be better at less than a third of the cost. I use EQ and the FR my profiles for the two are almost identical, but the Silver wins because of its slightly larger soundstage and better clarity. It's a more mature product IMO and costs about as much as a coffee and a donut, delivered to you door free!

You asked earlier what my #1 was. Well, the other bud in my top three is the Dunu Alpha 1 which I have described before. It is great, especially at $30 reduced from $150, and I love it for certain genres as much my SR2. But the one I use most (I have two with another one on order) is the Fengru Silver, so if I was pushed into choosing a single favourite that would be it. That's after spending about $1000 on phones over the past three years (including some for $200) - a $5 bud wins. What a crazy hobby!

May 31, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #42,367 of 75,140
Well, the other bud in my top three is the Dunu Alpha 1 which I have described before. It is great, especially at $30 reduced from $150

We were happy to take advantage of that deal but not sure if that is still possible. The Dunu Alpha 1 just barely fits me. I wish they were a tiny bit smaller because my ear does get a bit sore especially if I take them in and out a lot.

- a $5 bud wins. What a crazy hobby!

I think that drivers are just getting that good now.

May 31, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #42,368 of 75,140
May 31, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #42,369 of 75,140
May 31, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #42,370 of 75,140

I have not heard the Tingo but I think you will like the SR2 16 ohm. You will appreciate the smaller shell. All on that page use a PK2 shell. The different drivers have different ohms and that 16 ohm one is using an SR2 driver that is meant to be really good. Mine is from a much older listing and came with a very stiff cable (since recabled). Great sound. The cables on this listing that you are looking at are more flexible. My husband has one of those in black but the red looks really nice.

May 31, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #42,371 of 75,140
May 31, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #42,372 of 75,140
I have not heard the Tingo
The Tingo referred to on here recently is effectively the Fengru Silver. It goes by a few names, it seems.

May 31, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #42,373 of 75,140
The Tingo referred to on here recently is effectively the Fengru Silver. It goes by a few names, it seems.

Even though my husband has that Fengru Silver, I have never listened to it. I have enough to listen to!

May 31, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #42,374 of 75,140
Umm guys I am new to the buds game correct me if I am wrong, I think the optimum fit
With earbuds should look like this right?
-107361975-539631593.jpg
71628-headphones-review-creative-aurvana-air-headphones-image6-qEBdOGPctZ.jpeg
57256c3ff9876f29d47b401b50e26fc9__01.jpg

May 31, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #42,375 of 75,140
Even though my husband has that Fengru Silver, I have never listened to it. I have enough to listen to!
If you like the Kube you will love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back