Earbuds Round-Up
May 8, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #41,986 of 75,270
Not even with an ear-swap to wear them upside-down? Huh. Well that probably simplifies things... lol The PT25s with the comma-shaped silicone covers might still work cable-down, makes them rather like Bose in overall form factor, but even the cabled Bluetooth modules all seem to presume over-ear wearing... I shall have to ponder.

(And it's not that much $, especially given I just picked up a used Sennheiser HD 700, mostly just the principle of the matter. :p )

If you use a standard cable and a btr3 or es100, then you can swap left/right on the pt25 and wear over ear.

PT15/ACG/TI7 doesn't need swapping as its round. Just wrap cable over your ears and try it. Which may also work for any standard earbud as well, depending on your ears.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #41,987 of 75,270
Hi everyone I noticed that normal mx500 Shells use different caps than VE buds do on their mx500.
The first one is Monk+ which has slightly small or less wider cap than the standard mx500 it makes a difference for me in fit. I like the fit of Monk+
Now I really wanna get K600, But again it uses standard cap which is little bigger and causes discomfort.
Can anybody discuss any solution to this @ClieOS @hungrydad. Would really appreciate.
Thanks

Attachments

• 8747993_thumb__01__01.jpg
    8747993_thumb__01__01.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 8718292_thumb.jpg
    8718292_thumb.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 0
May 8, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #41,991 of 75,270
As you know, Panasonic is a budget friendly brand and most of their headphones is at low price. They DID release some nice pairs of earbuds in the past, such as the RP-HV600 (first 2-way earbuds AFAIK), and followed by a bunch of budget earbuds. Ironically they couldn't keep up with Aiwa and Sony (or did they ?). It's really nice to have a pair of Sony or Aiwa buds these days, but they are overpriced as hell. $40 for an brand new Sony E828 on ebay ???
As I surfing ebay to find something interesting else, I stumbled over these Panasonic earbuds, which is ridiculously cheap, the RP-HV377 and RP-HV278. They're under $10 /w free shipping, BRANDNEW, comes with winding case and original packages. From the packages, I could say they were made somewhere around 15 years ago.
Panasonic RP-HV377
s-l1600.jpg
Panasonic RP-HV278
s-l500.jpg

Well, didn't expected them to be superior to Snow Lotus 1.0+, RY4S, ... or any similar priced counterpart from Chinese these days, but when I got really excited and ordered the right away. Couldn't wait them to arrive and compare to my K's 64 and Snow Lotus 1.0+ :D
Do you guys own any Panasonic earbuds or having tried them before, please share your experience.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #41,993 of 75,270
If You are în UK i have some Vennew,sparet sealed Electronics Monk plus earbuds , standard, premium, with or without microphone.
PM if you are interested.

I think you are meant to make a listing in the for sale section.

May 8, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #41,999 of 75,270
Hello, Is there an Audible Difference between the Moondrop Nameless Copper & Nameless Silver? Any idea how it sound compared to the Monk LITE 120Ω ?
I can't comment on the difference between the silver and copper Nameless, but the copper Nameless is more neutral than the 120 ohm monk lite. The mids on the lite has more weight than the airy Nameless.

May 9, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #42,000 of 75,270
...They DID release some nice pairs of earbuds in the past, such as the RP-HV600 (first 2-way earbuds AFAIK)....

It is definitely not the first 2 ways earbuds Panasonic ever made. The dual driver series started with HV70 on 1986, then HV75 and HV100 around 1987, followed by HV80 at around 1989, with HV600 on 1991 as the last model. Trying to find any earlier models than HV600 is probably just as hard as winning a jackpot. There is however a hidden dual driver model called HJ329 that was not independently released as a standalone model but only as an exclusive stock earphone for higher end Panasonic discman and MP3 player way back in the early 2000s. You can still find it on Taobao sometime but it is not nearly as good as the fame HV series. One fun fact is the HJ239's design is what inspired the Rose Mojito (and Masya to a lesser extent). Second fun fact is HV600 is not a true 2 ways design - the treble driver is not an driver an all, but more of a passive radiator.

Hello, Is there an Audible Difference between the Moondrop Nameless Copper & Nameless Silver?

Only difference are the color of the housing and the cable. Otherwise they are the exact same model.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back