Earbuds Round-Up
May 7, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #41,972 of 75,340
right on wayne, way to go

Ha ha - that was whacky!

I also enjoyed seeing some familiar faces in it (Laurie, Fry, Watson).

I got this one one wrong though. The presenter:

Untitled.jpg

I thought for sure was John Lithgow. Wrong!

92551a46a753b2164745d1c57a5b278d--john-lithgow-actors.jpg

May 7, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #41,974 of 75,340
Remax RM 303: The sound quality is good for the price.
Qian69: Warm, firm bass.
RY4S: Fun with punches.
But in the long run I would recommend Yincrow RW-9.

Just got the Remax RM-303 delivered. Fairly solid for $10, they're 40 ohm instead of 32 like all my others and I have nothing to drive them (just using a Galaxy S7 and Ipod Nano 7G) but they're fine. Same looking shell as FiiO EM3s but probably better sound. For those of us who don't like the larger MX500 shell, these are a nice alternative to boredom of the Qian39/Monk Lite shells when it comes to smaller sized Chi-Fi earbuds under $20. Though I still probably like the Qian39 sound more as well as the flat shape of the shell.

They only come with one pair of thin foams which is idiotic but I need to order some new ones so whatever.

May 7, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #41,975 of 75,340
I'm going to buy earbud in yuin shell. Which of those two do you recommended more in terms of SQ ?
I personally prefer the BLD150

May 8, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #41,980 of 75,340
Hi, just wanted to ask if there is an earbuds that can compare with sound of penon BS1, I am looking for something flagship worthy but cheaper then bs1, I think that is the sound I like from descriptions

I have lza4, monk+ and emx500 original which broke down, between I like the emx for its big soundstage and bass.

I like to have big bass, huge and deep soundstage and clean and separated treble and thick and beautiful voice, and very smooth not sharp or bright and big sound, and BS1 fits the description but it's a bit expensive.

Any one has suggestions, does the recently hyped sd-10 has similar sound. Thanks

May 8, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #41,983 of 75,340
I'm torn... On the one hand my only complaint about my CCA C10/etc is the isolation. On the other hand it *is* annoying and as someone pointed out in another thread there are earbuds with detachable cables, which me and my habitual blind spot with regards to earbuds had completely missed. I may pick the PT15 up out of curiosity because it's cheap but I'd give it better than even odds the PT25, assuming it sounds decent (does it?), would make me annoyed that I picked up a 2-pin BT20 instead of an MMCX as it's sufficiently similar in form factor to Bose earphones/Platronics Backbeat Fit that I'm betting it would work for me. Possibly even so far as to make me feel like my dabbling in IEMs itself was the equivalent of aural busywork, however good they might sound. It's rather tempting to hide behind my usual (and genuine!) "Earbuds don't work for my ears" and be reasonably content with what I've got now... :p

Edit - I'm open to other potential model recommendations, up to and including a dedicated Bluetooth pair of earbuds but they either need to be cable-up-able or else have Bose-like silicone tips because I wouldn't trust just the in-ear bit alone to stay put. >-< (And even the flanged Bose tips for their wireless models aren't completely stable at least in my right ear...)

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #41,984 of 75,340
Hi. That was me :astonished:. Sorry (for your wallet).

Just an FYI, the MMCX BT20 won't fit the PT15, PT25, Ourart ACG/TI7 without heating up and rotating the MMCX 180 degrees, due to it's angle.

I did it to my old pair, that unfortunately I killed by putting it through the wash :slight_frown:.

Before:
20181218_124451.jpg

After20181219_172433.jpg

Unfortunately doing this prevents use with most IEM's, if thats an option you wanted to keep open. It would possibly work on the nicehck dt100 or moondrop crescent with mmcx conversion. Ymmv.

In any case, I would recommend picking up a $2 vido or $3 ry4s (way better for only $1 more) to see if the size of the mx500 style shell fits your ears. If uncomfortable/too large then I'd try a smaller PK style shell, those typically start at $10-15.

I have smaller ears so the PK style shell is way more comfortable for me.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #41,985 of 75,340
Hi. That was me :astonished:. Sorry (for your wallet).

Just an FYI, the MMCX BT20 won't fit the PT15, PT25, Ourart ACG/TI7 without heating up and rotating the MMCX 180 degrees, due to it's angle.

I did it to my old pair, that unfortunately I killed by putting it through the wash :slight_frown:.

Before:

After

Unfortunately doing this prevents use with most IEM's, if thats an option you wanted to keep open. It would possibly work on the nicehck dt100 or moondrop crescent with mmcx conversion. Ymmv.
Not even with an ear-swap to wear them upside-down? Huh. Well that probably simplifies things... lol The PT25s with the comma-shaped silicone covers might still work cable-down, makes them rather like Bose in overall form factor, but even the cabled Bluetooth modules all seem to presume over-ear wearing... I shall have to ponder.

(And it's not that much $, especially given I just picked up a used Sennheiser HD 700, mostly just the principle of the matter. :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back