Earbuds Round-Up
May 5, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #41,942 of 75,146
To clarify there, well basically expand upon the description, as I undertsand it the ANN maker for some reason does not sell, to anyone, any of them in batches, only one at at time.
Sort of one per person per order thing.
This is what was meant here in his auction description.
Apparently I was told this has always been the case at least more recently, so unknown if this can happen again ( I don't know anyhow how he managed to convince the manufacturer ).
The one up on the listing now is their latest/newest effort, even though the company has been doing variations on this model since 1997 !

This pressure is getting too much. I had best set aside some $ for my "special friend's emergency dislike money-back guarantee fund"!
I'll just say you bought the wrong cable type and blame it entirely on that. LOL

I was lucky enough to have the right timing with a shipment ( I do seem to get lots of spares for people close by here ).
There's not many headphones I have heard that manage to stop me in my tracks while I am doing something and just sit there listening and having a "What is this going on here"moment.
and then afterwards get me moving around.
Some spooky stuff I heard on a couple things in the tracks.
I can count a small handfull in well over a hundred.
Call it synergy, the album ( which I have heard many times prior ) or whatever it was so good.
I had to try to make sure some other folks got a chance to check these out.
I would like to think my feedback helped in some way convince him to not be hesitant and wrangle a supply somehow and get them available
but I'm not taking any credit.

^ Talk about spares...notice anything else in the package below it :p

How is that even possible to send and make that for such a low cost. I DO LOVE the minimalist design exspecially tthe straight tubes.
Reminds me of some sort of architectural designer thing.
The BRAUN of buds.
Dieter Rams would be proud.
Will look for those in the regular channels thanks for the images and post.

One of these just landed on my desk at work.

(Early impressions only. Measurements to follow later)
Original foams (pictured on buds) came off quite quickly after initial listening, and were replaced with black donuts. (mid-bass was too present).

Compared with my the Sabia (black microphone cable) the detail and driver ability is about on the same level.
Tuning is what I would consider the polar opposite.

To my ears, Sabia puts emphasis on sub-bass, high mids/vocals and treble. (similar kind of wonderful insanity as JVC HA-DX1000).
The ANN 200's just sound very warm and apparently smooth over the whole frequency range.
Emphasis seems to be on central mids and a little on high bass, which doesn't seem to come across as boomy or bloomy. (like a warmer/thicker HD650 or MDR-V900 maybe).
Treble is slightly recessed/veiled, but present.
After a quick comparison, it clearly does not have a v-shaped sound like the Vido.
Definitely a softer, more polite tuning, and what I expect to be completely fatigue-free.
I don't want to comment on soundstage as I'm not so sensitive to the differences, but the kind of tonality presentation is sort of what I would expect from large floor-standing speakers.
However, I will say that timbre is one of the best I've heard from a bud so far. Quite an engaging and believable midrange for sure.
To give an abstract digital-image processing analogy - If Sabia is like adding a heavy sharpening to increase detail, ANN200 is more like zooming in a little and seeing the natural details.

I think these will be great for all-day listening at the office.

At a first feel, I thought the shells had the cheap-horrible rubberized coating that rots away after 2-3 years of contact with human sweat etc, but it actually feels lot more rugged and is quite textured and rough to touch, but not noticeably rougher than the foams on them, so nothing to worry about I think. Definitely adds a slightly more premium look and feel.
Cable is more pliable than I expected, actually slightly more flexible than Sabia black-mic cable.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that mine arrived with distortion in the right driver - nothing the old sucking trick couldn't completely fix in a few moments (took longer to get the foams back on afterwards).

I'm very happy that I have a couple of ANN N200's (black and silver). I've been listening to them 99% of the time since I got them 6 weeks ago. Very satisfying for me. Thanks for getting them on my radar Nick! And thanks to jultoptau on ebay for making all of these cool Indonesian classics available :)

Edit: great description of them GREQ - I even like your photo processing analogy!

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #41,943 of 75,146
I have this coming. I always wanted a bud with red on one side and blue on the other. I saw it on ebay when I was ordering something else. Seems that ebay knows what to tempt me with..

s-l1600.jpg

May 5, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #41,944 of 75,146
Thanks for getting them on my radar Nick!
Aye, he's something of a headphone dowsing rod... much of my collection is his 'fault' :ksc75smile:
Cheers nick n!

May 5, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #41,945 of 75,146
Aye, he's something of a headphone dowsing rod... much of my collection is his 'fault' :ksc75smile:
Cheers nick n!

I wonder what he might come up with next...

May 5, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #41,946 of 75,146
Okay, I love the BK2 finally. prefer them over EB2 big time. EB2 upper treble sound crazy out of phase.

BK2 is a no brainer at 25$. Less so at full 60$ price.

Well balanced and natural sounding, neither too warm or bright, instrument is top notch even if in a rather intimate soundstage.

Wonder if anyone here love them too....

BK2...I don't like Compared in the same time with EB2, Monk+ and TO65 on Radsone ES100 and Smsl M2.
BK2 was shouty and unpleasent. For me one of the most overpriced earbuds. Build quality is good but sound is bad for me. For 20$ that i payed is acceptable but for 75$ totally insane IMO

May 5, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #41,948 of 75,146
10286507.jpg

Planar Earbud One (aka PE-1) - a small slice of my DIY insanity.

May 5, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #41,949 of 75,146
10286507.jpg

Planar Earbud One (aka PE-1) - a small slice of my DIY insanity.
Wow.. I found the driver on AE weeks ago and wonder if it's possible to slap this in earbud form factor. Seems you already tried it. I'm waiting for good news when it's gone final.

May 5, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #41,950 of 75,146
Come home tonight to the Linsoul DTM PK1 and put a silver cable, 2.5mm balanced, on them and have to say I'm loving them. Listening to M.Craft - Blood Moon Deconstructed and it sounds awesome.

May 5, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #41,952 of 75,146
Come home tonight to the Linsoul DTM PK1 and put a silver cable, 2.5mm balanced, on them and have to say I'm loving them. Listening to M.Craft - Blood Moon Deconstructed and it sounds awesome.

Very interesting (and cool tune!). They are a bit much cost-wise for me to do a spontaneous "buy now", but I'm gonna to keep my eyes on them! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back