Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 18, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #41,463 of 75,281
In one of the images regarding the ST-10, a Transmission Line speaker enclosure is shown.

Don't think the length will matter anyway. The concept of Transmission Line speaker design is to let the back pressure from the speaker driver overlapping the front pressure to create resonance of sort. But for an earbud, the back pressure won't reach the eardrum (as the driver's housing has blocked most of the earcanal's opening) even if you can somehow manage to squeeze enough length into the design. While the maze design is no doubt inspired by Transmission Line speaker, I won't say it works the same way. But somehow the maze does have positive impact to the overall sound as blocking the vent will definitely affect the clean bass and none of the old Svara can get such a clean and deep reaching bass with just an acoustic chamber.

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #41,464 of 75,281
Don't think the length will matter anyway. The concept of Transmission Line speaker design is to let the back pressure from the speaker driver overlapping the front pressure to create resonance of sort. But for an earbud, the back pressure won't reach the eardrum (as the driver's housing has blocked most of the earcanal's opening) even if you can somehow manage to squeeze enough length into the design. While the maze design is no doubt inspired by Transmission Line speaker, I won't say it works the same way. But somehow the maze does have positive impact to the overall sound as blocking the vent will definitely affect the clean bass and none of the old Svara can get such a clean and deep reaching bass with just an acoustic chamber.

I've got the first version of the Svara-L (115Ω), and the second version (32Ω), but I didn't order the Pro model.
Now that the Smabat ST-10 has arrived, I agree that it has a better quality & quantity of low Bass performance.

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #41,465 of 75,281
I've got the first version of the Svara-L (115Ω), and the second version (32Ω), but I didn't order the Pro model.
Now that the Smabat ST-10 has arrived, I agree that it has a better quality & quantity of low Bass performance.

More of a tuned port than transmission line then.

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #41,466 of 75,281

i don't need another earbud.. . i don't need another earbud.....i don't need another earbud :persevere::pray:

Apr 18, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #41,467 of 75,281
Have any of you guys ordered from the **** Earphones Store on AE? If so, how was your experience?

They waited until practically the last second of the processing window to ship my items, but now after another 10 days I still have no tracking information. It's been a total of 3 weeks since I placed the order and have no idea when or even if I will receive the items.

Apr 18, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #41,470 of 75,281
I run the headphone test here: https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php for my Toneking TP16 and Ve Monk Lite, at the "Driver Matching" (Full Range Sweep) test I can hear somekind of a beep sound (or squeaky sound if you use high amplify setting with 100% volume) in the left earpiece at around 8th or 9th second of the test. For my TY Hi-Z 32, I can only hear very thin beep sound. The other earbuds like vido, yincrow x6, ve monk+ don't have this beep sound on the test. Anyone know what does this mean?

This issue is related to my previous post here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-2740#post-14868995. With this issue, I have to shelve the Toneking TP16 and Ve Monk Lite since the beep sound issue ruins the listening experience. FYI, I have bought the Ve Monk Lite twice and they both have same issue, so it seems it's not a defective driver issue.

-------

I have another question too about earbud recommendation. I'm thinking to buy either of k's 64 (normal black cable), qian25, or qian69.

FYI I already have yincrow x6, vido, ve monk+, TY Hi-Z 32. Do you think one of them is better than those earbuds I've owned? If so, which one would you recommend?

Apr 18, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #41,472 of 75,281
It's been a total of 3 weeks since I placed the order and have no idea when or even if I will receive the items.

This can happen with many of the sellers when you order during a huge sale. Sometimes the products are not in their possession yet but they are giving a good price. I have had things arrive anywhere between 6 days and six weeks... including from the store in question. The average time is usually between 10 days and 3 weeks. Earbuds and iems usually arrive more quickly than accessories like foams and cases.

Sometimes a polite message to the seller helps and you will be given an explanation or tracking number. Just tell them you are worried that it is lost. Where are you located?

Apr 18, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #41,473 of 75,281
This can happen with many of the sellers when you order during a huge sale. Sometimes the products are not in their possession yet but they are giving a good price. I have had things arrive anywhere between 6 days and six weeks... including from the store in question. The average time is usually between 10 days and 3 weeks. Earbuds and iems usually arrive more quickly than accessories like foams and cases.

Sometimes a polite message to the seller helps and you will be given an explanation or tracking number. Just tell them you are worried that it is lost. Where are you located?

Yeah maybe because it's my first time ordering from AE that I'm a little on edge, but the fact that it wasn't updated as being shipped until after I had contacted them, and now there's still no indication of it actually having been shipped.

I guess I'll give em another day or so before I file a dispute. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #41,474 of 75,281
Yeah maybe because it's my first time ordering from AE that I'm a little on edge, but the fact that it wasn't updated as being shipped until after I had unity contacted them, and now there's still no indication of it actually having been shipped.

I guess I'll give em another day or so before I file a dispute. Thanks for the reply.

Actual aliexpress disputes cannot be done this soon. The sellers will do anything to avoid an actual dispute. Stay in touch with the seller... especially if you still want the item for the price you paid. We have had many things suddenly appear without the tracking ever working.

Edit: It is my understanding that the seller does not get the money until you confirm delivery. Aliexpress is holding the money. Someone please correct me if this is wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #41,475 of 75,281
Actual aliexpress disputes cannot be done this soon. The sellers will do anything to avoid an actual dispute. Stay in touch with the seller... especially if you still want the item for the price you paid. We have had many things suddenly appear without the tracking ever working.

Edit: It is my understanding that the seller does not get the money until you confirm delivery. Aliexpress is holding the money. Someone please correct me if this is wrong.

Aliexpress holds the money in escrow and the seller only gets paid once the buyer confirms delivery or the 60 days delivery period expires. This means that if your item has not arrived after 58 or 59 days you must open a dispute before the delivery period expires or you likely lose your money. I lost a few quids like that once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back