Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 15, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #41,403 of 75,149
Hello folks,

Today I lost my bag pack, wallet, Es100, Elibuds Sabia, notebook, etc. One thief broke my car window and got everything. Anybody has a link or contact where I can buy a new Sabia? I bought it from the ebay, but it unavailable now.

Really sorry to hear that :/ i'd definitely be sad if I lost my sabias too...they're too good for me to even use while working out. Luckily, I just messaged the ebay seller, and it looks like we might have some of our favorite earbuds available as soon as this weekend!

Get ready to grab your sabias, kubes, and ANNs, theyre almost back! Sabias may be my favorite (mmcx version with thicc 6 core cable) but the kubes really are special too. Now i'm curious about ANN because i like that shell...

sabia.png

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #41,405 of 75,149
I just measured my K600, L 566 R568 My own made 600 graphene buds measure L 590 R 593 ohms I'm an electrician and have a very accurate multimeter.

The K's 600 that I ordered have arrived today.
They measure 516Ω (Left) and 520Ω (Right).
Using Hiegi Donut Foams, these earbuds really do sound good.

The Smabat ST-10 earbuds were also in the mail today - and they're definitely an evolution of the Svara-L earbuds.
The ST-10 are set up with a Donut Foam over a Full Foam - and they've got a good quality & quantity of low Bass, without Mid-Bass bloat; Midrange that's clear, without being recessed; and Treble that's extended and detailed.

Both sets of earbuds were driven by my Roku 4 -> FiiO Taishan D03K DAC -> Little Bear B4-X Amp (OPA627AU op-amps), streaming the Unthanks concert from the Shrewsbury Folk Festival on YouTube.

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #41,406 of 75,149
The K's 600 that I ordered have arrived today.
They measure 516Ω (Left) and 520Ω (Right).
Using Hiegi Donut Foams, these earbuds really do sound good.

The Smabat ST-10 earbuds were also in the mail today - and they're definitely an evolution of the Svara-L earbuds.
The ST-10 are set up with a Donut Foam over a Full Foam - and they've got a good quality & quantity of low Bass, without Mid-Bass bloat; Midrange that's clear, without being recessed; and Treble that's extended and detailed.

Both sets of earbuds were driven by my Roku 4 -> FiiO Taishan D03K DAC -> Little Bear B4-X Amp (OPA627AU op-amps), streaming the Unthanks concert from the Shrewsbury Folk Festival on YouTube.

So which one is better according to you comparison please between Smabat and K600

Apr 16, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #41,407 of 75,149
So which one is better according to you comparison please between Smabat and K600

I think I may prefer the overall sound balance of the Smabat ST-10, which seems to have a bit more Midrange.

Apr 16, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #41,409 of 75,149
Is OURART ACG much better than these $20 earbuds

I'd say yes and no. That's too subjective. I don't have any of the earbuds in that $20 range list but I do have the standard RY4S and a DIY PK 16Ω earbud.

If you want bass, give the ACG a pass. The ACG has minimal bass. You can fudge it with EQ tweaks at your own peril.

If you want something with outstanding mids/highs and good soundstage, the ACG seems hard to beat.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #41,410 of 75,149
Hey, I bought YUIN PK3 and I noticed that the writing on it is grey and faded looking. My PK2s have nice white writing on them and all the pictures I've seen of PK3 online also have that white text.
I have Yuin PK2 and PK3, and they both have grey lettering like in your picture. Years ago, I had Yuins with white lettering.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #41,411 of 75,149
Honestly, I can't find any cons on my Smabat ST10. If you get the right seal (I recommend full thick foams on it) : they just excels everywhere. I'm amazed!
Soundstage, bass, mids, highs, details, everything is there.
They are seriously going to be my new reference earbuds!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #41,412 of 75,149
Honestly, I can't find any cons on my Smabat ST10. If you get the right seal (I recommend full thick foams on it) : they just excels everywhere. I'm amazed!
Soundstage, bass, mids, highs, details, everything is there.
They are seriously going to be my new reference earbuds!

Does the design allow you to lay down in one sided position on the bed with your buds in ear or you have to lay straight.
and how heavy are they although the design should help the weight
but my question is does it feel like you are wearing something or it doesn't feel while on ears?

I know my questions are dumb and mostly about comfort but I would really appreciate if you can answer also what amp are you using with it, its not hard to drive though
thanks.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #41,413 of 75,149
Does the design allow you to lay down in one sided position on the bed with your buds in ear or you have to lay straight.
and how heavy are they although the design should help the weight
but my question is does it feel like you are wearing something or it doesn't feel while on ears?

I know my questions are dumb and mostly about comfort but I would really appreciate if you can answer also what amp are you using with it, its not hard to drive though
thanks.

No worries, there is never "dumb" questions :)
It is absolutely not designed for bed, so I should more say "lay straight" (if I had to choose).
I find them much lighter than EBX, they are extremely light so it helps much for overall comfort and seal especially. Thanks to that, I can hear them (a bit like I'm wearing EBX) which means I wear them like normal earbuds (not around ears). Not sure why but if I listen to them around ears, I have less seal, meaning a bit of less overall bass (I will put the fault on my ears, probably).
At home I listen them (like all my gear) into my Fostex HP-A8C, and at work I'm using FiiO E10K. Both are dac/amp integrated.
They are very easy to drive, but requires a minimum of good source to really appreciate them a minimum.
Feel free to ask if you have any other question :)

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #41,414 of 75,149
So, I finally received the first part of my order, still waiting for about another dozen or so earbuds to arrive (hopefully it won't take more than about another week).

The ones that I received today are the RY04, RY4S UE, GM500, Snow Lotus 1+ CE, and Snow Lotus 2.0.

It's still early impressions, but I gotta say that I'm having a hard time deciding if I like the RY4S UE or SL 2.0 more. I definitely prefer the build and cable of the SL, but both have very enjoyable sound signatures. The GM500 is rather disappointing, especially since it's the most expensive of the buds that have arrived so far. But I'm looking forward to spending more time with them and comparing these to the next batch of buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back