Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 15, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #41,387 of 75,148
I am thinking of starting with Vido and RY4S
Is normal RY4S much different from RY4SUE

Not sure in how much of a hurry you are, but if you wait a few weeks I'll be able to give you a pretty comprehensive summary of more than a dozen earbuds. I should be receving the Snow Lotus 1+ and 2.0 and the RY4S UE, RY04, and GM500 in a few days, and then I'm still waiting for a bunch of others like the EMX500, RW-9, K's 32, Moondrop, Vido MS16, and all 3 Qians which are taking forever because the **** store on Ali pretty much waited until the last minute to send the items (ordered everything at the same time just over 2 weeks ago).

Apr 15, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #41,388 of 75,148
It is not always a matter of better or worse.... just different. I like all my earbuds... everything is in my list but please do not ask me to compare each one to each of the others... lol. That would take a few years!
Haha
I don't know much about earbuds, been using iems for some time
Would like to try, so was looking for one to start with

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #41,389 of 75,148
Not sure in how much of a hurry you are, but if you wait a few weeks I'll be able to give you a pretty comprehensive summary of more than a dozen earbuds. I should be receving the Snow Lotus 1+ and 2.0 and the RY4S UE, RY04, and GM500 in a few days, and then I'm still waiting for a bunch of others like the EMX500, RW-9, K's 32, Moondrop, Vido MS16, and all 3 Qians which are taking forever because the **** store on Ali pretty much waited until the last minute to send the items (ordered everything at the same time just over 2 weeks ago).
That would be great

Apr 15, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #41,391 of 75,148
Haha
I don't know much about earbuds, been using iems for some time
Would like to try, so was looking for one to start with

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. You can't really go wrong with any of the ones you are considering.

Thinking of starting with RY4SUE,

Excellent.

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #41,392 of 75,148
ive been into iems and headphone quite a time and just started playing with earbuds a few weeks ago due to recommendation from a friend who said that his 15$ earbuds sounds better than his 150$ in ears. currently owning the remax rm303 and faaeal rosemary (vido and ry4s coming). i think i prefer iems because i dont think there is any sub bass in ear buds ? vocals dont sound right and overall clarity is behind iems IMO (might be fit issue). fit always feel insecure, im constantly moving the earbuds to get a good seal/placement as its always moving whenever i move my head. maybe because im used to iems fit. mind sharing how do you guys wear buds ? i must say price/performance ratio for earbuds is crazy, but i still prefer iems, for now (might change in a few weeks, who knows). i think its the matter of preference, same as me preferring my 200$ iem to my 350$ open back headphone, some may not agree. what do u guys think on iems vs earbuds ?

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #41,393 of 75,148
ive been into iems and headphone quite a time and just started playing with earbuds a few weeks ago due to recommendation from a friend who said that his 15$ earbuds sounds better than his 150$ in ears. currently owning the remax rm303 and faaeal rosemary (vido and ry4s coming). i think i prefer iems because i dont think there is any sub bass in ear buds ? vocals dont sound right and overall clarity is behind iems IMO (might be fit issue). fit always feel insecure, im constantly moving the earbuds to get a good seal/placement as its always moving whenever i move my head. maybe because im used to iems fit. mind sharing how do you guys wear buds ? i must say price/performance ratio for earbuds is crazy, but i still prefer iems, for now (might change in a few weeks, who knows). i think its the matter of preference, same as me preferring my 200$ iem to my 350$ open back headphone, some may not agree. what do u guys think on iems vs earbuds ?

I have the buds you mentioned and I do hear sub base plus vocals are gorgeous. I do have some nice daps to use as a source... in fact, I choose to not even own a smartphone. I kind of tuck as much of it as I can into the tragus and pull down on the stem to secure it. I probably would not work out with buds but I can move around. At first I did feel like how you described. Sometimes they would fall out when I moved my head. I have problems with buds that lack a nice stem part because I just cannot wiggle them into place easily. I should mention that I use full foams on all buds (except my Sony Ericsson HPM-64 - it comes with a rubber ring). If I did not use foams the buds would move more.

You might like a cable over ear type. I just got my Smabat ST-10 a few days ago and am impressed by how comfortably and well they sit in my ear.

There will always be a more secure feeling with iems.... but the downside for me is too much isolation. I need to hear things around me most of the time. Also I worry about damaging my ear canals. They get sore if I have to take iems in and out a lot so I tend to use them when I am not expecting any interruptins.

Apr 15, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #41,396 of 75,148
Hi,
I was looking for a good pair of earbuds
Please suggest one under $20

I also suggest the Yincrow RW-9. I love my two pairs!

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #41,397 of 75,148
Hey, I bought YUIN PK3 and I noticed that the writing on it is grey and faded looking. My PK2s have nice white writing on them and all the pictures I've seen of PK3 online also have that white text.

I was wonder if anyone else experienced something like this? Are these fake? The box and everything else looks legit.

IMG-20190415-090339-1-Copy.jpg

Apr 15, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #41,398 of 75,148
Got a pair of EBX in today. I do like the sound. Nothing is missing, muffled/muddy or seems rolled off. Good bass, mids and treble.

20190415_162437.jpg

Unfortunately I do have some fit issues with my small ears. I knew it was a bit of a gamble for me going in. So going to sell them and try something else.

Apr 15, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #41,399 of 75,148

I find I use them based on its practicality. Earbuds r good for walking or when I'm with other people. IEMs r good for commutes (lrt n buses). Headphones r for long commutes (trains n planes). N all of it work at home if u have housemates or roommates (full on tt-amp-speakers if u gots a house fr urself).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back