Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 13, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #41,356 of 75,281
It won't surprise anyone here, but I suggest the Yincrow RW9's

And if he/she is smart, it will be a great end! :)

My prediction: ain't gonna happen.

Apr 13, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #41,357 of 75,281
Hey guys, quick recommendation question, what's the latest and greatest that satisfies the following requirements:
  1. emx500 form factor
  2. slightly u-shaped (I'm on the Snow Lotus 2.5mm right now)
  3. <$100
  4. detachable cables deffo a plus
  5. for on the go! so hopefully easy to drive, flexy-sexy bendable cables
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #41,359 of 75,281
Too much rec for rw-9, I'm gonna give in
kC1FetT.gif

Apr 13, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #41,361 of 75,281
Got my Ry4c today. Didn't like em tbh.
These earbuds have significantly more highs and slightly lack bass compared to Ry4s (audigy 4 pro is the source)
Nothing like vidos.

The shell feels cheaper and less comfortable than mx500, lighter and thinner. I'd better buy another Ry4s for that value :)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #41,363 of 75,281
Hello firends.

I'm writing a review of the Ourart Ti7. During the testing time I realized how sensitive their sound is depending on the fitting position.
I usually fit them this way.

Ourart Ti7 pos 1.jpeg

But I have realized that if I separate them from the tragus and create a small hole, orienting the earbuds more frontally towards the ear canal, the sound improves, winning especially in the lower zone.

Ourart Ti7 pos 2.jpeg

Has anyone who owns Ti7 ever noticed such a difference?

I hope the pictures of my ears don't hurt anyone's sensibility...lol

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #41,364 of 75,281
Well, encouraged by my particular finding (I think that this effect is produced by the particular morphology of my ear canal: it is quite wide), I have tested it with MX500 earbuds and the result is brutal. But I have achieved it by rotating the earbud, putting it almost horizontally. In this case, with the Ty Hi-Z HP-150s mkII the change is quite big, gaining above all in clarity and vocal presence.

Ty Hi-Z HP-150s mkII hor.jpeg

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #41,366 of 75,281
Hello firends.

I'm writing a review of the Ourart Ti7. During the testing time I realized how sensitive their sound is depending on the fitting position.

But I have realized that if I separate them from the tragus and create a small hole, orienting the earbuds more frontally towards the ear canal, the sound improves, winning especially in the lower zone.

Try them sideways

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #41,367 of 75,281
Well, encouraged by my particular finding (I think that this effect is produced by the particular morphology of my ear canal: it is quite wide), I have tested it with MX500 earbuds and the result is brutal. But I have achieved it by rotating the earbud, putting it almost horizontally. In this case, with the Ty Hi-Z HP-150s mkII the change is quite big, gaining above all in clarity and vocal presence.

That's how I wore the graphenes (old). Made a big difference. Not so much with other earbuds.

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #41,368 of 75,281
Try them sideways
Thanks.
But not so good, which shows that each ear is a different world :wink:

That's how I wore the graphenes (old). Made a big difference. Not so much with other earbuds.

It's rare enough to only get a different sound with a single model.
But maybe it's good, so you don't have adjustment problems to get the best sound.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #41,369 of 75,281
Hello friends.

I get a similar effect with the ACG when I lightly touch what would be the upper left in your pic (about 10:30 if looking at a clock face). That's with a single donut foam. For me the difference comes from the increased seal.

You may also be gaining better mids & highs from uncovering the donut foam opening to your ear canal.

I now double donut foam (offset hole) and while the effect is still there it's not as much of one.

20190413_222915.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back