Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 1, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #39,647 of 75,283
ain't it better to use different colors for the sponge for easy identification?

You mean between L/R? Yeah, probably. I never believe that the different colored foams sound the same though lol, so I prefer to squint for the L/R markers!

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #39,648 of 75,283
ain't it better to use different colors for the sponge for easy identification?
For symmetric plastic shells, I usually chipped a bit one of the buds using art knife just enough for my fingers to feel. It's the best side identification method for me. I don't need to look at the buds, and the method really shines in the dark.

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #39,650 of 75,283
So...what happen with this TINGO brand?

Just read on ''earbuds anonymous'' somebody that suggest TC200 for great bass and make fast google search and find this picture share ON THIS VERY THREAD like billions year ago (page 235 lol)

After i became obsess making more search finding this very TC200...unsuccessful.

Why....why....WHY! Anybody know a way to find them or...is it now the very Fengru Silver im excited about (yeah, they are called TC200 too sometime ugh)
8585386.jpg

The real Tingo TC200 (which is shown in that image that you've included in your post, and is also seen in the TC200 review here in head-fi) is already discontinued.

Now there are online stores that sell the "TC200" but is using the TG-38S shells (chrome). I can't recall where I read it (probably buried somewhere in this thread) but what Tingo was saying was that after they had discontinued the TC200, the remaining cables they had for it were used in their TG-38S line so that might have been where some online stores started labelling the TG-38S as the TC200 because the cables had TC200 laser-etched on the splitter section.

There's even an online store that sells the "TC300" which is basically the TG-38S shell with a different cable. >_<

Feb 1, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #39,651 of 75,283
For symmetric plastic shells, I usually chipped a bit one of the buds using art knife just enough for my fingers to feel. It's the best side identification method for me. I don't need to look at the buds, and the method really shines in the dark.
Same here.

Feb 1, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #39,652 of 75,283
You mean between L/R? Yeah, probably. I never believe that the different colored foams sound the same though lol, so I prefer to squint for the L/R markers!
Same here lol.

I always lean towards black foams. Or white as the second choice. The red/blue always seem lesser somehow.

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #39,653 of 75,283
Adding foams also moves the drivers further from the ear which has a negative effect on the vocals imo.

I think this is another case of different results with different ears. Adding foams allow the drivers to be further into my ear. With no foams most buds either slide around or fall out of my ear. Foams stabilize them so that I can tuck a good bit of it under the tragus which , in my case, holds them firmly in place and as far in as a bud could go. Maybe this is why any decent bud sounds really good to me...with foams.

Same here lol.

I always lean towards black foams. Or white as the second choice. The red/blue always seem lesser somehow.

I only have one bud where I used the red/blue combo.. the clear Monk plus. It just seemed fitting to do it on those. Otherwise I like the two sides to match. I have other ways to help tell right from left. Usually I just use black or white or grey.... but sometimes I like to have a little more fun...

These buds arrived today along with my husband's blue Kube. We did not notice that there was another tiny little package until he was leaving for work. That one contained my colorful foams that we ordered weeks ago. Just in time!

R0014235.JPG

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #39,655 of 75,283
I think this is another case of different results with different ears. Adding foams allow the drivers to be further into my ear. With no foams most buds either slide around or fall out of my ear. Foams stabilize them so that I can tuck a good bit of it under the tragus which , in my case, holds them firmly in place and as far in as a bud could go. Maybe this is why any decent bud sounds really good to me...with foams.

I didn't mean for every earbud, just in this particular case.

Although the theory remains the same for any of these earbuds, the closer the driver sits to the ear the more emphasis on low frequency. But obviously having no seal also reduces bass.

So the end result is tighter(lesser) bass emphasis, but more emphasis on low mids which makes them sound fuller.

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #39,656 of 75,283
Does anyone know about good thin and cheap and colorful foams?
I know about these black recommended here: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cWedNvpr
But I prefer to have happy colors on my buds rather than black :)

Mine were ordered from this link. Took about two weeks to reach me here in the UK. I ordered a pack each of purple. rose, and pink. The ones in the photo above are the purple and the rose. The pink is lighter and I have not decided yet what to use them on. I do have a pink bud coming that I ordered just for the color.. if it does not sound good it will be a donor shell for a project.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20p...phone-Earpads-Covers-MP3-MP4/32671911259.html

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #39,657 of 75,283
I only have one bud where I used the red/blue combo.. the clear Monk plus. It just seemed fitting to do it on those. Otherwise I like the two sides to match. I have other ways to help tell right from left. Usually I just use black or white or grey.... but sometimes I like to have a little more fun...

I like mixing up the colours. i.e. red and blue, black and and white. Red=right and white=right. Easy to work out which one is left and right :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #39,658 of 75,283
Mine were ordered from this link. Took about two weeks to reach me here in the UK. I ordered a pack each of purple. rose, and pink. The ones in the photo above are the purple and the rose. The pink is lighter and I have not decided yet what to use them on. I do have a pink bud coming that I ordered just for the color.. if it does not sound good it will be a donor shell for a project.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20p...phone-Earpads-Covers-MP3-MP4/32671911259.html

If you're looking for pink earbuds, Audio Technica has one:

https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2347

Don't know about availability in the UK, but cdJapan has them.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-25609

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #39,659 of 75,283
I like mixing up the colours. i.e. red and blue, black and and white. Red=right and white=right. Easy to work out which one is left and right :darthsmile:

It make me feel unsymmetrical. I don't like that feeling:)

Like I said... there are other ways...

My silver Snow Lotus 1.0+

R0014248.JPG

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #39,660 of 75,283

I have these actually thanks, but they are quite dense (as shown in the product picture). I wanted something thinner to have more options of sound and fit fine tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back