Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 17, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #39,106 of 75,343
I listened to my bs1 again. It's a very enjoyable listen. Beautiful midrange if you like a warm/bright tilt. Vocals and strings come through so well. Not for end to end extension, but everything in between is wonderfully detailed and sweet sounding.

I think a a tuning foam or shell change could pull a bit more sub bass out of these. My suspicion is that there's a thicker paper filter behind the driver which is reducing the bass in favour of a tighter sound. I may try open mine again just to check.

To400s is better than the second bk i had, but i had fond memories of my original brown SE cable bk... Either my memory is a little unreliable here or the tuning was changed slightly. Because I think the TO400s did what the new bk did without sounding stuffy in the low mids. It had slightly more soundstage. But i dont recommend either! I cannot recommend the to400s when it sounded so powerless in the bass . It was a bit dull on the low end but the rest was very good. Maybe the TO600 is a better bet?

Masya is very nice, if a little bass light too. But it wasn't a dull bass response, just a little reserved. Sweet forward vocals, smooth highs. Little bit peaky and dippy but in a mostly harmonic way. It never sounded incoherent, just hid some detail in those dips a little more than BS1 but ha

If you're lucky enough to own a source with 3-5ohm OI buy the masya and it's a different beast. Fuller sounding, bass was still not pounding but notably filled out. Absolutely wonderful with thin foams on that output impedance. Sounding like a pair of extremely smooth full size cans.

Thanks Sean.

I actually picked up Masya on your recommendation.

Just to clarify we're talking about Penon BS1, right? Might pick them up too, also on your recommendation :D

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #39,107 of 75,343
Earbuds occupied the highend, mid end,low end and very low end market back in 1990s. Sony gave it up when IEM can make much much more profit per pair!
Yes absolutely that's why all these vintage high end earbuds are built so well. The amount of design research and quality of them is excellent. They seem to last very long.
Thanks Sean.

I actually picked up Masya on your recommendation.

Just to clarify we're talking about Penon BS1, right? Might pick them up too, also on your recommendation :D
Penon Bs1 official yes.

I don't usually rec mid tier earbuds much anymore because the budgets are so good that you usually need to jump to high end to see improvements. But the Masya is a great bud to have in your collection. I like it much more from my iphone 6s (4.7 ohm OI) than V30 (1 ohm OI) simply for the output impedance. But I did state that above so you are buying with this in mind i hope :)

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #39,109 of 75,343
If you order on the classic 1.0/1.0+ link, you will result a message from Sammy Li to tell you 1.0+ is discontinued. You have to buy from THIS link (that Willber shared few pages back) to get a 1.0+
Beware, 30 pieces left only! :)

so i was curious how diff 1.0+ with commerative edition.
looks like my guess is right. the cable is different than original 1.0+

res.png

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #39,110 of 75,343
so i was curious how diff 1.0+ with commerative edition.
looks like my guess is right. the cable is different than original 1.0+

res.png
Thanks for the info, hmm not sure what to think then, not sure that it's a good thing, as it will sound slightly different from the original 1.0+ (I hope for the good, but maybe for the bad too).
I hope someone here will be able to compare original 1.0+ and this commemorative edition, just to be sure.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #39,111 of 75,343
I have been listening to the Snow lotus 1.0+ commemorative edition for the last two days and it is an excellent earbud, I actually prefer it to my Snow Lotus 2.0 as it is not as dark sounding

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #39,112 of 75,343
I have been listening to the Snow lotus 1.0+ commemorative edition for the last two days and it is an excellent earbud, I actually prefer it to my Snow Lotus 2.0 as it is not as dark sounding
is soundstage wider than ry4s ?

currently i love fengrudiy mx985 . it sounds better than my ry4s ue, edifier h180 or even vido. now looking to try snow lotus 1.0+
anyone had tried this ?
IMG-20190103-153922.jpg

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #39,113 of 75,343
That photo (and the product itself in Aliexpress) appears to be the same as what is called the "Tingo TC200" in other online stores, but it really looks like the Tingo TG-38S.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #39,114 of 75,343

I don't need any more budget earbuds... but just ordered one. Still a few dozen left of the 100 - 26 as of just now. For sound source - LG V30 and LG V10.

FAAEAL Snow-lotus 1.0+/1.0 Plus Blue Hifi Earphone 64 Ohm Earbuds Commemorative Edition Limited Sale ONLY 100 PCS

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #39,115 of 75,343
So... does anyone here actually own the ATH-CM2000ti? Any reviews? I've been searching and have come up empty handed.
I heard mix love and hate of ATH-CM2000Ti. One Thai Owner (he didn't write a review though) and a few Thai people who went to e-earphone japan confirmed me that it is pretty great and not harsh sounding after burn-in passed. While I read some negative reviews from Japanese owners. A few owners decided to resale after a month. Sadly, Nobody here in this thread owns ATH-CM2000Ti. Most People in this thread are in budget earbuds segment as you see. Just a few people here play on high-end and high-price tag earbuds. BTW Reading reviews is somewhat useless for me unless I know who having a same direction of SQ preference as me. For example, Penon BS1 Official is one of my disliking as much as I decided to resale after a few weeks.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #39,116 of 75,343

a friend got the BK2 from lucky bag (he was hoping to get lucky and get the "grand prize", lol), he really liked it despite not being into earbuds, and remarked that its quite hard to drive from the X7ii

The Moondrop Shiro-yuki though, that's new? never thought Moondrop would do a generic MX500 shell earbud.

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #39,118 of 75,343
is soundstage wider than ry4s ?

currently i love fengrudiy mx985 . it sounds better than my ry4s ue, edifier h180 or even vido. now looking to try snow lotus 1.0+
anyone had tried this ?
IMG-20190103-153922.jpg
As I do not have the RY4s I cannot comment on that, I do have the Fengru Silver earbuds which are in a MX500 shell. The Snow Lotus 1.0+ sounds a bit better than the Fengru Silver. Soundstage is very good on the Fengru Silver and just a touch more than the Snow Lotus. Snow Lotus has a fuller sound though.

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #39,119 of 75,343
The Moondrop Shiro-yuki though, that's new? never thought Moondrop would do a generic MX500 shell earbud.

The back of the metal case literally say it is meant to be a cheapo model with no warranty with the exception of DOA. Basically It is MoonDrop's interpretation of VE Monk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back