Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 10, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #38,837 of 75,246
Wow that's a really nice website and I can just translate to english and understand it easily enough!

Yes the Mojito really does sound that murderous. If you had a source with crazy high OI it might sound much better if im reading that impedance chart right?

Seems like the mojito needs a high shelf filter of like 10 db after 2khz... Although I think that seems exaggerated. I can put a high shelf filter of -2db (or maybe 4db if foamless) and it sounds so smooth and balanced. I wish mojito sounded like that stock...

Many earbuds are tuned to push lots of low end to compensate for seal (maybe too far for these small drivers?) maybe this is what leads to these results of very high THD?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #38,838 of 75,246
@FastAndClean

Weird thing is though the mojito measurements while the general signature shown seems accurate enough, the scale does seems abit OTT.

Simply putting a - 2 or 3db high shelf (i guess it depends on the foams you are using) works absolute wonders for its balance. Basically removes all harshness and sibilance but keeps the sound beautifully crisp and brings forward the vocals to a natural position.

Capture+_2019-01-11-02-23-43.png

Also reduced bass around 100hz by 1 db and it's surprisingly effect in cleaning up the bass and also giving the illusion of a deeper (well, slightly more linear) bass response.

I prefer not to use EQ and just use foams to mod earbuds in most cases because then I can run the bit perfect mode, and easily use the earbuds in any app with the same sound sig. But the mojito absolutely needs it...

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #38,840 of 75,246
@FastAndClean

Weird thing is though the mojito measurements while the general signature shown seems accurate enough, the scale does seems abit OTT.

Earbuds are notorious difficult to measure and correlate to real life usage - we all know how fit (including positioning, foam/foamless, various type of foams, etc) can have great effect on how an earbud sound to the individual ear. Yet they tend not to show as much an effect on measurement. I think it has something to do with most measurement rig being optimized for measuring IEM. While it is useful for earbuds measurement to a degree, I don't think it is as direct a translation to SQ as it is for IEM.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #38,842 of 75,246
Jan 11, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #38,843 of 75,246
Interesting; now we only need to know what they means by "Iris".
If it's the shells modding, then I was 100% right :)
Iris are entry level 5-6$ model earbuds with different driver. Sounds more like 1.0 but with less extension in sub bass. Bass is ok, mids are not recesed, and treble are not detailed like on SL 1.0/ 1.0+.
2.0 are like Rosemary but with roll-off in bass and a spike in the upper mids. Very clear soundig...
Rosemary's are best sounding Faaeal buds to my ears

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #38,844 of 75,246
Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #38,846 of 75,246
Have both. Driver is the same. There is only cable difference (for believers). To my ears, nothing different in sound signature.
If so, be sure to write it from the beginning so confusing!

But in your opinion all the Earbuds seem to have the same sound if the drivers are the same?
In my experience, the sound will change depending on the presence or absence of silver plating on the cable.

Is there simply a problem with your hearing?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #38,847 of 75,246
Hi,

I have EBX phones since last summer: I'm impressed with sound quality, but not so much with its fit. (I guess they are too large, and weight is not well balanced)
In comparaison, I have tested nicehck graphene (mx760), and they fit perfectly to my ears !

Is there any EBX alternative, with both great sound, fit, mmcx and <60$ ?
Linsoul DTM A8 seems to be the best challenger, but lack of reviews.
AK PT25 maybe?
Any suggestion?

Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #38,848 of 75,246
If so, be sure to write it from the beginning so confusing!

But in your opinion all the Earbuds seem to have the same sound if the drivers are the same?
In my experience, the sound will change depending on the presence or absence of silver plating on the cable?

Is there simply a problem with your hearing?
If I talking about SL 1 and 1+, there is nothing about "ALL" earbuds. You have a problem reading with understanding.. My ears are OK.
For years in hi-fi, studio equipment etc. now, only difference in sound because of cables is in treble. I don't know why, but difference is there..
Btw... yeah, I have 5 ears, one is on my butt....

Jan 11, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #38,849 of 75,246
If I talking about SL 1 and 1+, there is nothing about "ALL" earbuds. You have a problem reading with understanding.. My ears are OK.
For years in hi-fi, studio equipment etc. now, only difference in sound because of cables is in treble. I don't know why, but difference is there..
Btw... yeah, I have 5 ears, one is on my butt....

Aw,
To say "only difference in sound because of cables is in treble." You changed the opinion that there is a difference in sound! ! !
It is fun to hear the strange opinions of people with five ears.

Edit:
I described it more clearly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back