Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 8, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #38,791 of 75,711
Herry has got a small but faithful circle of customers, so I think that if there was a problem with your ZoomFred you could send it to him to have it fixed free of charge (my guess from discussions with Herry). But you would have to pay shipping both ways, though...
At least it's comforting.

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #38,793 of 75,711
Herry has got a small but faithful circle of customers, so I think that if there was a problem with your ZoomFred you could send it to him to have it fixed free of charge (my guess from discussions with Herry). But you would have to pay shipping both ways, though...

Repairs are not free of charge, you would have to pay for the parts, and it's not going to be a true repair, he will send a new pair of headphones as he glues the housings shut making it impossible to open without damaging the drivers inside

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #38,794 of 75,711
Jan 8, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #38,795 of 75,711
hmmm, nope. everywhere I look shows $70 shipping including the app. Weird. i sent them a message. you sure you ordered the 1.0+?

I think so:
upload_2019-1-8_10-29-8.jpeg

Interesting that it appears to be dutch though. When I click on the link, it takes me to the below link (with the ridiculous shipping amount):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FAA...arbuds-Commemorative-Edition/32966966924.html

I checked on my phone now, and it also takes me there.

I thought that I'd better double check my visa account, and thankfully it is correct (after taking exchange into consideration):
upload_2019-1-8_10-33-26.jpeg

So, I don't know why I got lucky, or why they are not providing the usual shipping fee now.

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #38,796 of 75,711
Itching for some new earbuds.
I like my old MX 375, I find the Monk a bit plain, so I do enjoy a bit more bass.
I don't like how the foam wears out overtime, but I also don't like IEM, so thinking if there are any with silicone sleeve that poke just a bit in, but not air tight, similar to apple's.
Any suggestions?

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #38,797 of 75,711
I like my old MX 375, I find the Monk a bit plain, so I do enjoy a bit more bass.
I don't like how the foam wears out overtime, but I also don't like IEM, so thinking if there are any with silicone sleeve that poke just a bit in, but not air tight, similar to apple's.
Any suggestions?

For little money, the RY4S (ue cable) or the Sabia Experimental V6. Both have ample bass (the latter has more). Addicted to both!

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #38,798 of 75,711
Hi all,

Finally received the Faaeal Narcissus 2.0 and have to say I'm a little disappointed when comparing with the Snow-Lotus 1.0.

Although these sound incredible, the bass is more recessed than the Snow-Lotus 1.0 and mids are pushed forward. This is a little bit more of the classic Sennheiser sound, and probably more of an "audiophile" sound, as bass has no chance of overwhelming the mids or highs. I wish I still had my Sennheiser 598's to compare, because these sound like what I remember from the 598's. Bass is present, but not emphasized, mids are clearly the star of the show and are warm and detailed, and highs have clarity but are relatively rolled off (no sharpness or sibilance whatsoever). They sound great, resolution is amazing, especially at this price point, but bass just doesn't have the same impact as the Snow-Lotus 1.0. At first impression they might be a little smoother overall, very laid back. I much prefer the cable from the Snow-Lotus 1.0 as well, as the Narcissus has the same cable as the Snow-Lotus 2.0.

If this had been my first Faaeal earbud I would have been floored, but I was hoping for the same bass presence and am a little let down. If the Snow-Lotus is too bassy for you, go for the Narcissus. Otherwise, stick with the Snow-Lotus.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #38,799 of 75,711
Hello Folks,
Only to inform that the right driver of my TY Hi-Z HP-650 650Ohm is dead with less than 20h of playing time. I'm shocked. Spent $100 in one thing like this. OMG. I will think 100x more in buying expensive buds. Problably I will not buy anything expensive anymore.

Sad to hear that. My guess is it's probably a driver winding failure; a high resistance driver will have very thin gauge wires that's fragile to produce. For a much cheaper bud failure, the seller offered to send me a replacement bud if I email them video or jpeg proof of failure. Did not take up their offer and tried fixing it myself. But with your expensive buds, you will have to take that route as the special driver will be almost impossible to procure separately.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #38,800 of 75,711
Anyway, I love all of these budget buds - they satisfy both my ears and my PID (Purchase Impulse Disorder) without breaking the bank :)

Have you gone for the group meetings yet? Apparently, the higher your headfi post count the closer you are seated to the therapist.
Number of years on headfi does not count for diddly squat, that's why I refuse to go!

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #38,801 of 75,711
Have you gone for the group meetings yet? Apparently, the higher your headfi post count the closer you are seated to the therapist.
Number of years on headfi does not count for diddly squat, that's why I refuse to go!

I've only got about 11000 posts, so I'm still sitting near the back of the room :)

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #38,802 of 75,711
Lets see if Penon has any warranty. I bought it in November. It's impossible to be a wire problem because I only use it at home in my desk. I have many earbuds and to say the truth, I never saw anything that stopped working like that. I used it In december twice, without any problem. When I plugged it today, no sound came from the right driver.
I had the same problem with my TY HI-Z 150s 2.5, asked Penon and he said that all his buds have 6 months warranty, I send it back and he fixed it, so I think you will need just send them back

Jan 8, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #38,803 of 75,711
Lets see if Penon has any warranty. I bought it in November. It's impossible to be a wire problem because I only use it at home in my desk. I have many earbuds and to say the truth, I never saw anything that stopped working like that. I used it In december twice, without any problem. When I plugged it today, no sound came from the right driver.
Usually my earbud driver starts to rattle and then I know it's either a simple puff of air to remove any debris or it's a slowly dieing driver :frowning2:

It's really 50/50 as to which way it will go!
Any suggestions?
Willsound mk2 and the 100 for 1$ pack of foams on aliexpress.

Just search this thread for 'aliexpress foams' and you see the link as we have posted it like 50 times :)

That way you dont have to worry about failing foams, they are super cheap and replaceable.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #38,804 of 75,711
Usually my earbud driver starts to rattle and then I know it's either a simple puff of air to remove any debris or it's a slowly dieing driver :frowning2:

It's really 50/50 as to which way it will go!

Willsound mk2 and the 100 for 1$ pack of foams on aliexpress.

Just search this thread for 'aliexpress foams' and you see the link as we have posted it like 50 times :)

That way you dont have to worry about failing foams, they are super cheap and replaceable.
Ali Foams:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...p-Ear-Pads-Cover-Replacement/32790634729.html

Jan 8, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #38,805 of 75,711
I had the same problem with my TY HI-Z 150s 2.5, asked Penon and he said that all his buds have 6 months warranty, I send it back and he fixed it, so I think you will need just send them back
The problem is the answer might change depending on the price of the bud...

That's why warranties have to be concrete and in writing somewhere. Not heresay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back