Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 21, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #37,788 of 75,268
I'm willing to give Blox the benefit of the doubt and presume that Yin was already being developed in parallel with (but trailing) the TM9.

given that the infrequent release of their models, the Yin coming out so soon after the TM9 is a bit out of the ordinary, so i suspect the Yin only comes out because of a lot of critics about the TM9 lacks of engaging sound...

but of course this is just my thoughts, not the real truth

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #37,790 of 75,268
I've been digging through the site/google for a bit and was wondering if there are any recommended 'airpod' style buds (with MMCX connectors is a plus, I've got a BT10 on the way) that can be worn over ear?

I've been eyeing the **** PT25's since they have MMCX connectors and I can just flip sides to wear over ear.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #37,792 of 75,268
Finally got my NiceHCK EBX from the 11.11 sale and for the first time is struggling a bit with the fit of an earbud

I've just had a thought though. Aren't earbuds just practically little speakers resting on your ears? Unlike IEMs which were designed with proper seal in mind, can't we just jack up the volume to compensate for the lack of seal? Despite foams and whatnot, its not gonna be airtight either way.

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #37,794 of 75,268
Finally got my NiceHCK EBX from the 11.11 sale and for the first time is struggling a bit with the fit of an earbud

I've just had a thought though. Aren't earbuds just practically little speakers resting on your ears? Unlike IEMs which were designed with proper seal in mind, can't we just jack up the volume to compensate for the lack of seal? Despite foams and whatnot, its not gonna be airtight either way.
Not if you care about your hearing. Listening at very loud volumes to compensate for bass loss is a good way to damage your hearing. Be careful!

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #37,795 of 75,268
Not if you care about your hearing. Listening at very loud volumes to compensate for bass loss is a good way to damage your hearing. Be careful!

not super loud, ofc. Volume matched according to preference, as usual. I'm using it cable down with around 2 step higher in windows vol setting and getting more or less the same clarity as cable up, less fussy about keeping it inside at all times.

Nov 22, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #37,798 of 75,268
I had a good afternoon, recabled 2 Sony MDR-E808+, 1 Sony Ericsson HPM-64, 1 DIY PK2 SR2 PRO 16ohm and created from scratch an earbud using EMX500 drivers (I'm calling it a HungryPanda DIY EMX500)

I am now the proud owner of a HungryPanda DIY EMX500 V1 bud :) It sounds amazing to me. I have never heard a regular EMX500 so I cannot compare. In my photo the black foams are covering the white fronts but you can see them in his photo in the quote. A HungryPanda DIY EMX500 V2 is planned. Stay tuned.

The title track on this album is the one I use to test sub bass. This one passes the test. Nicely tuned.

R0013886.JPG

Nov 22, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #37,799 of 75,268
I am now the proud owner of a HungryPanda DIY EMX500 V1 bud :) It sounds amazing to me. I have never heard a regular EMX500 so I cannot compare. In my photo the black foams are covering the white fronts but you can see them in his photo in the quote. A HungryPanda DIY EMX500 V2 is planned. Stay tuned.

The title track on this album is the one I use to test sub bass. This one passes the test. Nicely tuned.

tell him to make the cable black and white! then it can be a true panda buds! :panda_face::laughing:

Nov 22, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #37,800 of 75,268
tell him to make the cable black and white! then it can be a true panda buds! :panda_face::laughing:

We are a step ahead of you :) I picked out the cables... they have been ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back