Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 15, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #37,637 of 75,268
i am considering that one next, it has titanium coated driver
OUTART%20ACG-700x700.jpg
Awesome mids, no sub bass, polite but consistent treble (thanks to the titanuim coated driver I guess). I think it's a got excellent timbre but I cannot live without some form of sub bass and this just doesn't bring it at all.

But the imaging is fantastic thanks to the mids and treble finesse, it has this vintage headphone tonality to it, like my Senn HD540ii without any of the sibilance or sharpness. But also without even enough low end for dynamic driver standards imo.

It would make an excellent driver for a dual driver setup though, if one could source a bass driver and stick it in a dual driver shell:)

Also the shell has a unique fit, will work for some but not for others I'd imagine.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #37,638 of 75,268
can you tell me a model of a high end earbud, SHOZY BK?
I bought and eventually sold the BK. It doesn't quite do it for me as its quite a niche genre bud with a mid centric signature. It's not up to TOTL standards in bass response or soundstage. Many budget earbuds outclass it in those regards which is not cool...

I won't blind rec anything but checking out Cypherus audio might be a good bet, everyone seems to love them and the higher end models like the zoomfred have been compared to headphones.

Also the new K's Titanium shell earbud which im am most likely purchasing very soon should be something to behold (i hope!). I'll give my impressions on it if I pull the trigger.

I have not heard the HE-500 so I could not say what is most similar in earbud form but im sure someone in this thread has and could suggest something to you :)

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #37,640 of 75,268
Don't forget people who didn't had a chance to get a pair in the past! :D
Damn.... anyway I'm happy with my RY4S for now by waiting my YIN :)
It's weird that the seller said the 1.0+ was discontinued... In fact, they're sold in my country like hotcakes and even cheaper than on Aliexpress.
Anyway, if they're that hard to obtain, they're not worth the effort anymore. Maybe your RY4S is on-par with these 1.0+, given the same price range

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #37,641 of 75,268
Awesome mids, no sub bass, polite but consistent treble (thanks to the titanuim coated driver I guess). I think it's a got excellent timbre but I cannot live without some form of sub bass and this just doesn't bring it at all.

But the imaging is fantastic thanks to the mids and treble finesse, it has this vintage headphone tonality to it, like my Senn HD540ii without any of the sibilance or sharpness. But also without even enough low end for dynamic driver standards imo.

It would make an excellent driver for a dual driver setup though, if one could source a bass driver and stick it in a dual driver shell:)

Also the shell has a unique fit, will work for some but not for others I'd imagine.
There's a new version with different tuning available...OurArt
https://penonaudio.com/ourart-acg.html?search=our art

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #37,642 of 75,268
Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #37,645 of 75,268
Nothing is said about the bass on either
On the page that I linked, there's a direct comparison chart with with the ACG and the Ti7. I guess you'd have to have the Ti7 to sort of guess what they are trying to intimate. The descriptions are pretty general though. I have the Ti7 and like them for their quality and meaty mids. You can get bass on them with the right cable (the cable that came with, was actually pretty dull sounding).

Nov 16, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #37,646 of 75,268
On the page that I linked, there's a direct comparison chart with with the ACG and the Ti7. I guess you'd have to have the Ti7 to sort of guess what they are trying to intimate. The descriptions are pretty general though. I have the Ti7 and like them for their quality and meaty mids. You can get bass on them with the right cable (the cable that came with, was actually pretty dull sounding).

Yes, that was what I was looking at when I said they did not bother to mention the bass at all. I am not planning to get one.. it was just an observation. My husband has the Ti7 but I have never listened to it. I have enough to listen to!

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #37,647 of 75,268
Today Im fixing a couple of earbuds. Replace plug etc. And wanted to transplant ry4s UE cable to another buds. Curious if the cable really made difference somewhere. If it is then I might order a couple of similar looking cable on AE.

But demm the shell wont crack open. Anybody succeded in prying them open before?

Nov 16, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #37,648 of 75,268
There's a new version with different tuning available...
I'd be surprised if they can squeeze any bass out if it unless it's a new driver. The shell isn't bass ported, has minimal venting and has a low seal fit.
Nothing is said about the bass on either
I wouldn't hold my breath, it have to be a new driver to get reasonable bass, also the shell design seems ill suited for sub bass. No bass ports, not the best fit for seal either.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #37,649 of 75,268
I really like the mids because it does what the shozy bk does only better. It's a bit analytical and dry but is sweeter somehow than the bk ever was and with better imaging and soundstage.

Nov 16, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #37,650 of 75,268
I'd be surprised if they can squeeze any bass out if it unless it's a new driver. The shell isn't bass ported, has minimal venting and has a low seal fit.

I wouldn't hold my breath, it have to be a new driver to get reasonable bass, also the shell design seems ill suited for sub bass. No bass ports, not the best fit for seal either.
i will report after 2-3 weeks, i care for the mids, treble and soundstage, if a want bass a will grab some in ear

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back