Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 25, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #36,843 of 75,868
Good luck with that, I don't think it will ever happen. I've been following the thread below from 2014 and there has been ONE update from Spotify in all that time about a year ago, and nothing since. :frowning2:

Spotify hasn't even changed it's status to 'Under Consideration'. But IF they do, and it's a big IF, you can bet it will be prob $20/mo.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Li...Streaming-16bit-44-1khz/idi-p/700006#comments
Awh i thought it was official after hearing so much talk about it...

Lossless spotify would be the dream, spotify has such an amazing catelog of music and the UI is excellent.

They could also do with a good EQ for android users too, but everything else i like about the service.

Oct 25, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #36,845 of 75,868
Just back at home. Plug my ip 6 to o2 amp (low gain) and ry4s sings.!! Perhaps only 3-4 hour max burn in. But amping really unleash this beast mode.

Best bass texture I ever heard from all my earbud so far. Just right amount of rumble and strictly controlled.

Listening to mostly chesky binaural ATM. And all I can focus now is how good the bass quality is. Stage also expanded a bit but still not the widest IMO.

Edit. Just listened to Feeling yourself disintegrate by The Flaming Lips. Crazy amount of detail make my jaw dropped. This alone made the whole purchase a solid steal. The hype is real guys.

As I type this, Weeknd's starboy just kick in and demm the bass is absolute gorgeous !!!

And while I'm fixing some typo Saleem's Antara Sutra Dan Bulan kick in. Again so much detail I never heard before. Oh yeah on another note,, RIP Saleem (he died last week), such a loss..

To be honest as of now I don't even care if further burn in will get better or not. Period.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #36,846 of 75,868
Good luck with that, I don't think it will ever happen. I've been following the thread below from 2014 and there has been ONE update from Spotify in all that time about a year ago, and nothing since. :frowning2:

Spotify hasn't even changed it's status to 'Under Consideration'. But IF they do, and it's a big IF, you can bet it will be prob $20/mo.

I started off with the $10/month spotify plan, then thought that I needed Tidal`s $20/month plan, then got angry about paying $20/month (I`m also paying $10/month for Frisky Radio, so that doesn`t help), so I went down to the $10/month Tidal plan. I can`t really say if I notice a difference tbh, nevertheless I really wish that someone had a $10/month hi-res plan - that would make everyone happy in waynes world!

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #36,847 of 75,868
I started off with the $10/month spotify plan, then thought that I needed Tidal`s $20/month plan, then got angry about paying $20/month (I`m also paying $10/month for Frisky Radio, so that doesn`t help), so I went down to the $10/month Tidal plan. I can`t really say if I notice a difference tbh, nevertheless I really wish that someone had a $10/month hi-res plan - that would make everyone happy in waynes world!
The difference is not obviously apperant and there's so many other factors like the mastering quality used etc that it's not worth abandoning spotify premium unless you have very resolving gear and feel that the extra 5% is worth it.

I really had to focus to know what I was hearing differently, but once you realise what lossless sounds like compared to 320 mp3 I did *almost* reliably tell the difference (5/6 is no coincidence i feel).

I think spotify 320 sounds very good, just not perfect. It's by no means bad or even quality, it's quite good overall.

Oct 25, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #36,849 of 75,868
It's at 320kbps.

Yup, 320kbps. And, to my ears, downloaded 256kbps from iTunes sounds better to me. For a while I was paying for three different streaming services including Tidal. I really liked Tidal over Spotify but didn't want to fork out that extra $20/mo for higher quality, however, much worse U.I., selection and discovery.

EDIT: Sorry OT.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #36,851 of 75,868
swd2plus.PNG

Finally got a notice from Swedish customs that they have my pair of SWD2+. The ransom (import tax + customs fees) is 522 SEK, around $58.

Well, I still got them cheaper than if I had bought them at full price... ($199.50 @ Massdrop +$6 shipping + $58 in ransom from Swedish customs still is cheaper than $319...)

Oct 25, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #36,852 of 75,868
got my Qianyun Qian 69 earbuds and I have some impressions to share with you.

Let me start with my limited experiences with earbuds in general- I've had seahf entry level buds and faael 64 ohms (they are now called snow lotus I think). Liked both, especially Faaels because of their very natural timbre and real sounding tonality. liked the seahfs too, for their better ability to seperate details. That said both of these phones were limited in their abilities in one way or another. Faaels, even though they sound exceptional with anything instrumental, quickly lose focus on more electronical music (even rock) and their lower base regions are not there. These do sound very thick and kinda powerful and lush, but only in higher base regions. Once something with lower baseline starts to play, faaels just fail to reproduce the frequencies. Same story with seahfs - these sound kinda thinner and quicker, slightly less natural in timbre, but very detailed. Also, lower base frequencies (due to their recessed mids I'd say and thinner overall sound) are heard more here, but not close to any iems.

This brings us to the Qian 69 - these sound very lush, spacey, and thick. Timbre is natural and doesn't sound fake and/or wrong - the qualities only heard in Faael up until now.

extension is pretty good up top - not kz zs5v1 level extended and detailed, but still very good. Never sounded shrill, unnatural or plasticky or metalic. sibilance for me is nonexistent and presence is definitelly there. Not remember what frequencies are responsible for presence though

Mids are forwardish, definitelly moreso than the highs. I'd say mids are very balanced and highs are slightly tamed - not rolled off as with the Faaels, mind you, extended, but not too much in terms of decibels. Female vocals and male vocals have lot's of texture. it's like every particle of spit that escapes the artists lips during singing is audible in these :D male voices are thick and weighty and female vocies are lush and liquid but detailed (remember spit particles). Instruments sound very normal - be it strings or wind instruments, they sound distinctly normal and present, which is kinda rare, considering many iems and buds color them in a weird way. Previously only faaels could do this level of naturality in any of my gear (iems, full size headphones wjat have you), but now I have Qian 69, and these are natural the same way.

What is special for these buds though is the base frequencies, especially the lower lows. Let me get this straight - no, sub base isn't as good and extended as zs5 v1. nothing I've had is that good. BUT, what is amazing for the Qian 69 is that these are only earbuds I've tried that are enjoyable on synthetic baselines of edm, hip-hop and other similar genres of music. Even though they are not linear till 20 hz, you could listen to hiphop on these and hear and FEEL almost alll of the sub-baseline, except for those abismally low lows... sub base and base is also very arriculate and quite fast too, not wooly and or slow. I think that this in conjunction with very natural timbre gives these buds some kind of special superpowers

I'm very impressed with the sound overall. It can be best described as tye earbuds of natural timbre with lots of texture and details and surprisingly well extended frequency range, especially lows. I think everyone should get these and listen to them. These are too good.

physically they are pretty comforatble, they cable is ok, thin but feels good enough and the case is a nice bonus

Oct 25, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #36,853 of 75,868

Finally got a notice from Swedish customs that they have my pair of SWD2+. The ransom (import tax + customs fees) is 522 SEK, around $58.

Well, I still got them cheaper than if I had bought them at full price... ($199.50 @ Massdrop +$6 shipping + $58 in ransom from Swedish customs still is cheaper than $319...)

Really looking forward to your impressions of the SWD2+ when you've had a chance to check them out :beerchug:

Oct 25, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #36,854 of 75,868
I haven't lurked here in ages but I recently came across a ridiculously good sounding pair of earbuds. I bought them because I needed a cheap pair of earbuds with mic to toss around without much care, so I expected nothing, but man these delivered to the point I got rid of my 5 pairs of VE Monks (yes, I'm still using them) and got another pair of these.

Anyway they're the Meliconi Mysound Speak Flat, which I bought for 8€ on Amazon. It's an Italian brand but I'm sure they can be easily obtained anywhere.

These sound way way better than the monk. Really enjoyable sound with powerful bass even without any foams (for earbuds at least). The sound is more full bodied and less tinny than the monk, the difference is night and day really. If you have 10 euros to waste give them a try. Definitely the best cheapo earbuds I tried so far.

Oct 25, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #36,855 of 75,868
Just to let you know, I got confirmation form RY Earphone Store that RY4S with UE cable will be on 11.11 Sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back