Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 24, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #36,827 of 75,146
I thought our past with all the invading and subjugation was nasty, this withdrawing from our European neighbours makes me sick

Let's keep politics out of this place (however personally I applaud you brits for leaving the more and more Soviet like EU. We europeans do not need something like the EU of today to get along. The only positive thing with the EU is the free trade zone but that can be arranged without a superstate like struture)

Oct 24, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #36,828 of 75,146
I think there's something going on with Spotify's compression beyond what they admit to, and beyond the nasty re-sampling the Spotify app will give you on the V30. I used to use Spotify on my X7ii, but its SQ is just meh. (And I'm not golden-eared enough to reliably A/B FLAC vs 256 kbps AAC vs a well-encoded mp3.)

I know they have a reasonable music selection though. Might be worth asking the UAPP dev if he has plans to add Spotify support?
Spotify will release a lossless or hifi service like tidal has, ill try that out when it arrives and see if its worth the price.

Oct 24, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #36,829 of 75,146
Also 128k mp3, makes me think of stone axes, useful once
Like back when my desktop computer hdd was 40gb. Lol. How in the hell did we live back then? I still have a large amount of 128 mp3 that I downloaded from eMusic back when it was $10 a month unlimited downloads. Most sound pretty awful now that 320 lame is a thing.
Stone ages for sure.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #36,833 of 75,146
Spotify will release a lossless or hifi service like tidal has, ill try that out when it arrives and see if its worth the price.

Do you know what rmthe price will be? Hopefully not $20/month USD.

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #36,834 of 75,146
Thanks buddy! Sorry for the nooby earbud question, but how does the sound differ between the two?
That I don't know as I've only heard the mx365 and 370. The shell is legendary by now though, although the emx500 uses different drivers, and i wouldn't be surprised if the original mx500 sounded quite different, maybe not quite as good.

After hearing the emx500 again recently (bought a 10 pack of drivers for my diy earbud project) im again impressed by its performance and i feel like it has great tuning potential if you could tweak the bass slightly (deeper sub and tighter mid bass) and get the best out of it detail wise.

The soundstage and balance of the FR is truly impressive for the price. Gonna try upgraded cables, metals shells and different front covers on them to see how it can change.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #36,836 of 75,146
Do you know what rmthe price will be? Hopefully not $20/month USD.
It's said +$5 (or +$10?) on top of premium. But there's no update and no official info about it (searched their site and found only some discussions).

Oct 25, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #36,838 of 75,146
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #36,839 of 75,146
My ry4s UE cable just arrived. Just curious how many hour burn in? What can I expect?

OOTB it's sound very nice indeed but stage is not very big(in my standard} similar to vido I guess?

Tried using with and without foams. I like it both, no shouty peaks anywhere even in high volume. Tight adequate bass and quite linear actually. No problem handling busy track so far. I'd say for the price it's crazy good. Too bad no case included. Just simple pack with obligatory foams.

Initial listening using my Ip6 and Spotify.. Will report later

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #36,840 of 75,146

Good luck with that, I don't think it will ever happen. I've been following the thread below from 2014 and there has been ONE update from Spotify in all that time about a year ago, and nothing since. :frowning2:

Spotify hasn't even changed it's status to 'Under Consideration'. But IF they do, and it's a big IF, you can bet it will be prob $20/mo.

Updated on 2017-10-27

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. We haven't updated the status in a while and we're here to let you know we think this is a Good Idea. This doesn't mean it is in our current timeline, just that we like this idea. If this idea does become a part of our plans we'll change this to 'Under Consideration'. Until then just keep leaving your feedback here so we can pass it on internally. Thank you!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Li...Streaming-16bit-44-1khz/idi-p/700006#comments

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back