Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 13, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #34,923 of 75,879
Ok, if anyone that has the original PK3 can tell me how PANDA and the others in the similar pricerange compare to it, I may be able to decide. This is important because the PK3 was my best earbud ever so its my best reference to know whats up, otherwise im buying blindfolded.

PK3 was the best for me as well until I bought PK2 around 2009. Nowadays you can find better earbuds for the same price. The only thing I remember PK2 & PK3 did well was mids. If you want Yuin shells something like the Panda or NiceHCK DIY PK2 are good (I find the NiceHCK PK2 to be better than Yuin PK2).

I sold my Yuins few years ago. For a long time they were the best but now there are small Chinese earbud makers who make great sounding and cheap earbuds.

Sep 13, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #34,924 of 75,879
PK3 was the best for me as well until I bought PK2 around 2009. Nowadays you can find better earbuds for the same price. The only thing I remember PK2 & PK3 did well was mids. If you want Yuin shells something like the Panda or NiceHCK DIY PK2 are good (I find the NiceHCK PK2 to be better than Yuin PK2).

I sold my Yuins few years ago. For a long time they were the best but now there are small Chinese earbud makers who make great sounding and cheap earbuds.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...4a16-4360-82fa-90183180813e&priceBeautifyAB=0

This one?

what does the package contain? once again they refuse to add pictures of earpads, case or anything else...

on the feedback pics I saw a this nice case with some pads looks good:

UTB8eobjw0oSdeJk43Owq6ya4XXan.jpg

Now I just must decide between this one and the panda pk2s or anything like that in that price range.. I cant decide please help

Also I have the schiit magni 3, can these small earbuds explode if I push it to the limit? i have never tested small earbuds with an amp before.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #34,926 of 75,879
But are they as good as pk3 sonically? does DSQM or whatever the brand is doesn't have an actual website so you can buy directly from it?

I mean with yuin apparently the PK3 doesn't sound as good anymore, so you never know what you are buying anymore, not even from the real website

Even Yuin doesn't have a website that you can buy directly from, yet you still like it, no? In all fairness, Yuin is also a very small DIY'ish earbuds maker, no bigger than any other Chinese brand earbuds you were recommended here. The difference is that you already know about Yuin but not others.

The earbuds landscape is way different from a decade ago when Yuin just appeared on the scene. These days you can find much more capable earbuds maker from China than Yuin.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #34,927 of 75,879
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...4a16-4360-82fa-90183180813e&priceBeautifyAB=0

This one?

what does the package contain? once again they refuse to add pictures of earpads, case or anything else...

Now I just must decide between this one and the panda pk2s or anything like that in that price range.. I cant decide please help

Also I have the schiit magni 3, can these small earbuds explode if I push it to the limit? i have never tested small earbuds with an amp before.
If you wanna drive it via amp you would want something much higher impendance which usually cost more. Like the Yinman 600, Toneking TO600 etc

Sep 14, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #34,930 of 75,879

This one?

I bought these (borrowed the picture):
9946988.jpg

Same case and I got a bunch of foams as well.

I gave them to my wife and she likes them a lot. More than the VE Monk+ she had before. She used to have PK3 a few years ago.

Edit: there are also other great earbuds that use other shells than the type that Yuin uses.

Among the ~$25 earbuds, Moondrop Nameless is one of my favorites. Very natural and smooth sound. If I remember correctly it comes with a small textile bag and not a hard case. There are also a lot of earbuds that use the Sennheiser MX400/500 type shell.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #34,931 of 75,879
What, new earbud released every nanosecond.

EB2 looks really good, kicking myself for not doing the lucky bag. Had it in my cart 3 times before convincing myself to save funds towards TM9. Looks like it's shell is smaller than Yuin?

Any chance I should wait for the Audio Technica release before pulling the trigger on TM9? Any release date posted?

@Danneq sucks about your TM9. I may end up getting a pair in my hands before customs lets go of yours!

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #34,932 of 75,879
What, new earbud released every nanosecond.

EB2 looks really good, kicking myself for not doing the lucky bag. Had it in my cart 3 times before convincing myself to save funds towards TM9. Looks like it's shell is smaller than Yuin?

Any chance I should wait for the Audio Technica release before pulling the trigger on TM9? Any release date posted?

@Danneq sucks about your TM9. I may end up getting a pair in my hands before customs lets go of yours!

Release date was posted, iirc 18 OCT?

If you are willing to pull the trigger on the Audio Technica ( was it 480$? ) then why not go with a custom earbud?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back