Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 24, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #33,211 of 75,317
Great photo!!!

About this Linsoul BLD, this is new for me. How does it sound? OMG, I need to buy this ES100.

Sounds really good and it is priced well.

I'm planning on doing a full review soon. But basically they have a very enjoyable smooth sound, with nice detail. Bass is nicely controlled.

Jul 25, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #33,212 of 75,317
20180425_230037_HDR-01.jpeg

Listening to the Audio Varna today, love their mids!

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #33,214 of 75,317
Astrotec Lyra Collection and ToneKing TP16 incoming... :ksc75smile:
Let us know about your experience! About Lyra Collection especially for sure)) It seems like there are no owners of its here. Some reviews here and there, but no owners.

Jul 26, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #33,215 of 75,317
Let us know about your experience! About Lyra Collection especially for sure)) It seems like there are no owners of its here. Some reviews here and there, but no owners.

I'll try and give my comments after I receive and spend some time with them. I saw quite a bit of reviews but I didn't know there were no owners. I thought they get to keep the earbuds that were sent to them for reviews? Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm also managing my expectations a bit here with these. Of course I hope they sound good but I don't expect them to be "$299 good" (diminishing returns). I'd be more than glad if they can perform well or better than my current collection. I always wanted to own a pair of TOTL earbuds that are fully designed and built from a reputable company, for a change from the independent (more DIY?) brands that I currently own. The amount of R&D and the complete package of the Astrotec Lyra Collection seemed in-line and appealing to my requirements.

All I can say now is that I'm looking forward! :L3000:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #33,217 of 75,317
Is there a best earbud for Jpop or Jazz in a <$50 range? I'm new to earbuds so I'm unsure what things are. Or maybe higher and I can just save longer...
just grab bs1 official and forget about hustle with earbuds (though you better have good source of sound for them; low\mid-fi just won't work for them to be totally blown away). The earbud form factor is probably the most addictive and different in sound among headphones, so it is really a rabbit hole...with iems and full size headphones it is much easier to decide whether you like it or not. With earbuds, they present sound so differently depending on materials, shells, cables, amping, dac etc...

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #33,218 of 75,317
just grab bs1 official and forget about hustle with earbuds (though you better have good source of sound for them; low\mid-fi just won't work for them to be totally blown away). The earbud form factor is probably the most addictive and different in sound among headphones, so it is really a rabbit hole...with iems and full size headphones it is much easier to decide whether you like it or not. With earbuds, they present sound so differently depending on materials, shells, cables, amping, dac etc...
Did you try the EBX too?

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #33,219 of 75,317
Is there a best earbud for Jpop or Jazz in a <$50 range? I'm new to earbuds so I'm unsure what things are. Or maybe higher and I can just save longer...
Someone with shozy XB should chime in because the .Shozy Cygnus has the right signature for J pop and Jazz so if shozy XB has a similar tuning to the Cygnus it's close to this price range.

Anyone have both?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #33,222 of 75,317
Did you try the EBX too?
not yet, but:
1) MMCX cables opens the door for cable switching and endanger connections in the future. If the cable is switchable, then custom made cables and different experiments are required. Had xba-z5 and t8ie mkii and I know pretty well how the cable can drastically change the sound and turn headphones in garbage or complete miracle.
2) There are users\owners of EBX who experience troubles with them. QC is the weak point of buying\owning it. For example, recent purchaser had issue with no bass in right channel.
3) I have heard people complaining about ebx sound and never about bs1 official. Have heard quite calm reaction, but not disappointment, especially for the price.

P.s: I would like to try ebx, but no possibilities of reaching the owners and I'm not going to buy them new without audition.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #33,224 of 75,317
not yet, but:
1) MMCX cables opens the door for cable switching and endanger connections in the future. If the cable is switchable, then custom made cables and different experiments are required. Had xba-z5 and t8ie mkii and I know pretty well how the cable can drastically change the sound and turn headphones in garbage or complete miracle.
2) There are users\owners of EBX who experience troubles with them. QC is the weak point of buying\owning it. For example, recent purchaser had issue with no bass in right channel.
3) I have heard people complaining about ebx sound and never about bs1 official. Have heard quite calm reaction, but not disappointment, especially for the price.

P.s: I would like to try ebx, but no possibilities of reaching the owners and I'm not going to buy them new without audition.
Are you aware of others besides subwoof3r that got a lemon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back