Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 21, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #33,166 of 75,321
For now it's Shozy BK and Masya... I think a comparison between these 2 will be great!

EDIT: Astrotec Classic and Collection 32ohms looks good too!

Source: V20 (slightly bright leaning, bass is slightly focused on mid bass over sub bass)

Sound sig:

BK:
Neutral-Dark. Dry-analytical tonality.

Emphasis on the low mids. Controlled well rounded bass, full textured mids*, airy treble.*

Intimate-medium size soundstage*, excellent stereo separation and precise imaging. Depth is just average*.

Masya - Neutral-Bright. Musical sweet tonality.

Tight punchy bass with just enough depth, detailed and 'light-delicate' mids and sweet vocals*, extended airy treble.*

Soundstage is medium size with good stereo separation and accurate imaging. Excellent space/air between the notes and good width. Also moderate-good depth*

Note:

* improves with the custom foams I'm using over the stock variant. All impressions are describing stock foam sound though, so anything mentioned can only get better with foam tweaks.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #33,167 of 75,321
Of those I have only heard the Maysa. Love them... but my husband refuses to give me his:) I have offered trades...
Once I put the hiegi full foam with multi hole on it... Probably my favorite earbud now especially for cost-performance value.

Really amazing for vocals and natural instrumental, but can handle other genres too.

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #33,168 of 75,321
Of those I have only heard the Maysa. Love them... but my husband refuses to give me his:) I have offered trades...
Operation "Maysa r' Mine!"

Step 1: Covertly snatch Maysa ear buds.
Step 2: When approached: sweetly smile and feign innocence.
Step 3: Then don various vacant looks of disinterest followed by brief displays of ignorance.
Step 4: Repeat Step 2 and 3 a few times while occasionally mumbling to yourself (speaking in strange tongues for good measure).
Step 5: When and if cornered, fully bare your fangs and snarl ferociously (a swipe in the air, displaying the fingernails is sometimes a necessary amplifier)

Should work like a charm... my lil' Siamese wife and 22-year old daughter have dun' it to me for years an' I have absolutely nu'thing of value any more that I can call me' own!

Hell my daughter brazenly walks about with the JVC FX750 Woody IEMs in her ears that she illegally acquired from me.

Jul 21, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #33,170 of 75,321
I'm onto these plans

uh oh

don't worry... how would I ever find them among your trillion cases of iems and buds? maybe you even have them with you at work... if so, I would be on a wild goose chase.

...going now to count the items in your profile...

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #33,171 of 75,321
Trying hard, to stop myself from ordering VE Zoe 2.0 (which comes with a free gift, which is a set of Zen Lite L)... :wink: :ksc75smile:

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #33,173 of 75,321
Trying hard, to stop myself from ordering VE Zoe 2.0 (which comes with a free gift, which is a set of Zen Lite L)... :wink: :ksc75smile:

Have you forgotten about the Blur and the EBX that you have on order? :)

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #33,174 of 75,321
Jul 21, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #33,175 of 75,321
uh oh

don't worry... how would I ever find them among your trillion cases of iems and buds? maybe you even have them with you at work... if so, I would be on a wild goose chase.

...going now to count the items in your profile...

At the risk of not seeing you for a very very long time if you do that, I would like to send a team of highly skilled counting operatives to aid you in such a cumbersome task. I think 25 people should get the job done in under a week :p

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #33,176 of 75,321
Source: V20 (slightly bright leaning, bass is slightly focused on mid bass over sub bass)

Sound sig:

BK:
Neutral-Dark. Dry-analytical tonality.

Emphasis on the low mids. Controlled well rounded bass, full textured mids*, airy treble.*

Intimate-medium size soundstage*, excellent stereo separation and precise imaging. Depth is just average*.

Masya - Neutral-Bright. Musical sweet tonality.

Tight punchy bass with just enough depth, detailed and 'light-delicate' mids and sweet vocals*, extended airy treble.*

Soundstage is medium size with good stereo separation and accurate imaging. Excellent space/air between the notes and good width. Also moderate-good depth*

Note:

* improves with the custom foams I'm using over the stock variant. All impressions are describing stock foam sound though, so anything mentioned can only get better with foam tweaks.

Thank you sir! :D

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #33,177 of 75,321
If you guys are looking for some serious bass, my candidate would be the mk1 rev 1. They sound beefier than any other earbud, including the vido and Emx500.

The best thing about them though is the fantastic imaging and instrument seperation like thr other willsounds. The Soundstage is enveloping and they sound like headphones. No wonder Bisoy (a member on the EA fb page) has three iterations of them with the Vjc and litz cables.

Not sure if Willy is making the older versions now though.

Rholupat seems to have them now;
http://www.rholupat.com/custom-earphone/willsound-mk1-vjc.html

I've ordered a pair, hope they can compete with or better my mk2r2, which I feel continue to improve even after 200 hours. Getting very transparent, excellent buds.

Also hope these mk1's can compete with k's 500, which was otherwise on my list

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #33,179 of 75,321
I'm getting very drawn in by the Astrotec Lyra series... especially the Collection 32ohms...

The styling and presentation of the metal shell, nice cables and accessories, makes it feel like a worthy piece of equipment...

I have a strong feeling it's going to be my first TOTL earbuds... :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #33,180 of 75,321
I thought the difference between rev1 and rev2 only was the cable, so the vjc-cable version is not based on either. Rholupat also don't mention a "rev".

Is this wrong, do you know if the drivers also were changed?

I have these on the way too :) and they should be bassier than the mk2

However, i was referring to the older generation of the mk1 which is a bass canon but now is discontinued by the builder.

Nonetheless, the latest mk1 offers a more balanced sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back