Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 4, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #31,786 of 75,422
The show case model, Nordost Heimdall 2 red cable version is the best SQ among all.

Actually, the cable has a high correlation with SQ! I learned that from Sony when I was a kid!

Nordost makes great cable.i used them in my hifi system before. I wish there will be a Nordost earbuds cable which uses the Odin.

Btw, which earbuds use the Heimdall 2?

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #31,788 of 75,422
Actually, the cable has a high correlation with SQ! I learned that from Sony when I was a kid!

Nordost makes great cable.i used them in my hifi system before. I wish there will be a Nordost earbuds cable which uses the Odin.

Btw, which earbuds use the Heimdall 2?

Thanks!

It is the show case model of Prakarn Niranam 185Ohm earbuds. Check on my post.

Prakarn Niranam.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #31,792 of 75,422
i always wanted to try the Blur, but no one of my friends have tried/owned them, so i'm not sure i would want to take a risk.

What other TOTL that you have/compared the blur with?[/QUOTE]

I was fortunate to acquire some Blur somewhat recently. I find myself reaching for them or my Cypherus CampFred most often when I go the earbud route.

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #31,794 of 75,422
I like experiencing music :wink:

Me too, and it is probably splitting hairs, but I can't bring myself to use that verb to describe any listening session at home. Summer concert season is starting, and I have tickets to a few shows...... can't wait! To me, sitting in the open air and listening to great artists with fellow fans is an experience that the best audio equipment can't replicate. (Though, how I try........ but going to concerts requires planning ahead, getting a dog sitter, leaving the house, driving some distance, then potentially using a dirty bathroom..... :triportsad: hence the head-fi obsession).

But I regretted buying it. It felt like getting an outdated model the moment I received my earbuds since new models came out quicker than I believe. It also seems extremely difficult to sell it secondhand as no one know the sound signature of it.

Yeah, the marketing strategy is a bit odd. I find myself going all Pokemon and obsessively collecting all the Monk+ colors and limited editions that come out, but that is not an option with the Blurs because of their price point.

i always wanted to try the Blur, but no one of my friends have tried/owned them, so i'm not sure i would want to take a risk.

What other TOTL that you have/compared the blur with?

I was fortunate to acquire some Blur somewhat recently. I find myself reaching for them or my Cypherus CampFred most often when I go the earbud route.[/QUOTE]

I do enjoy the Blur that I have, and would not hesitate to recommend them. They've gotten enough positive feedback that I trust that they are all of a high standard, I just can't see myself buying another model as the new models come out so frequently.

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #31,796 of 75,422
It is the show case model of Prakarn Niranam 185Ohm earbuds. Check on my post.

Wow! It’s such a great event!
Did you have a chance listen to (and compare)Sony MDR e272? How was it?
You listened to the Panasonic cd! How did you like those antique Discman?

Do they have a estimated price for nordost version of The prakarn niranam 185 ohm ?

Thanks! The thread is too long for me to follow!!

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #31,798 of 75,422
Whoa that is a fairly good price for this (I think?)

Absolutely love the dragon aesthetic but I’m wondering if it’s possible to recable these

Yes it is possible - I once saw my friends recabling a pair of Dragon (not the 2nd one though) with Norne Skog cable, so it is entirely up to you and your skill LOL. For me, I'm not that good with soldering and stuff, so I often ask my friend to fulfill the task for me :frowning2:

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #31,799 of 75,422
Wow! It’s such a great event!
Did you have a chance listen to (and compare)Sony MDR e272? How was it?
You listened to the Panasonic cd! How did you like those antique Discman?

Do they have a estimated price for nordost version of The prakarn niranam 185 ohm ?

Thanks! The thread is too long for me to follow!!

Sorry, I tried Sony MDR e272 less than 5 minutes (cause there are too many things during this meeting), and I did not try it with oldy or vintage sources. I tried it with DX200 AMP1, and I was not impressed at all. Perhaps It could be shined once it get a perfect matching couple likes AIWA D9 + Panasonic SL-J905 CD player do. Even AIWA D9 together with my DX200 sound becomes mediocre as if I am falling down from 7th floor of heaven (with that Panasonic player) to earth level.

Consider the MSRP of Nordost Heimdall 2 (2m. for HD800) is around 1,000$. Then cut all connectors out for the sake of making this Prakarn Niranam earbuds version. The price of that 4.4 mm. Nideon plug is around 90$. The estimated price of this earbuds might be not less than 1,090$. However, if you could get Nordost Heimdall 2 cable second-hand price. Its price should be more cost down.

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #31,800 of 75,422
New earbuds coming~ 'Carbene' Diaphragm from Earsuk (Thai-Chinese DIY earbuds brand) be called "Earsuk ZEN400". Interesting how 'Carbene' sounds~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back