Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 3, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #31,756 of 75,268
Jun 3, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #31,757 of 75,268
Update : I just got my full foams for my transcend earbuds and man the bass returned also it is more comfortable and has slightly more isolation but still there is no good seal
the cymbals on these are abysmal i had to increase the 10khz frequency by 10db to see some hope still it was bad
the mids are also muffled
there is no sub bass extension but mid bass is still manageable
the soundstage is wide but soundscape is bad also the layering sucks
i made a deep v shape in eq for casual gaming purposes only now
i will consider buying ve monk+ seeing the soundstage difference between buds and iems

Jun 3, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #31,760 of 75,268
I have a pair of blur too.

Sadly, that guy usually makes only a few pairs of earbuds of each model!

A hell lot of new names coming out every month.
I was listening to Blur 魔音 last night. It is one of his earlier buds, so I think there are more than a couple of this model floating around. The vocals are forward and natural sounding. The soundstage and placement is good. I do find these lacking in bass though.

What @redkingjoe said is correct...... with so many "new" models coming out all the time, I'd be hesitant to buy another set of Blur buds. I do like them, but at their price point I'd like to know that I would be getting something that sounds different rather than just a different shell or cable color.

Jun 3, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #31,761 of 75,268
@WillSound can we please have your thought on PK32 sub-bass and bass domain (compared to MK2 rev2 for exemple) ?
Could be intersting from the autor himself :)

My PK32 still intrigates me a lot those days.
I don't know what to think about PK32, they are globally good earbuds and acts diffrently than MK series. They are not fun but cold, although a bit unnatural sounding. Mids and highs are finally very good (mids still clearly forwarded). There is plenty of details on PK32 that we can't hear in MK series. Soundstage is finally not so thin as I previously said. It has good level but not as good as MK series. Instrument separation is always much better in your MK1 rev2.
I guess PK32 has been designed for critial listening first. But mainly for vocals and pop-music only. I'm right?
Highs are a bit hidden by the forwarded mids, and bass is still definitely unpresent on my pair.
I tried the bass boost switch on my FiiO E10K (I generally dislike those kind of switches..) and bass begin to be there but definitely not as present as MK2 rev2, and sub-bass is still lacking big :frowning2:

*edit*: thank you very much to Willy, he will send me another PK32 pair and have to make a compare to decide which unit I decide to return, which is really cool from him! I stay you guys tuned! :)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #31,762 of 75,268
now for those who have them : try this song with Svara L

That's a fun thing to try! My, what a whacky song (been a while).

It has bigger bass :dt880smile:
Overall the MK2 has better SQ though

Well, you don't have the 32ohm version :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I honestly couldn't tell you which of the two (Svara L 32ohm or Willsound MK2 rev2) have the better sound quality overall - all I can say it that either one rocks, and that they are both incredibly satisfying to my ears :)

Jun 3, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #31,763 of 75,268
So i own Vido diy for 3 days, what can i say, wow!!!!!!!! i dont understand
of how people can listen with balanced/ neutral/ you name it sound.. i mean this one has great bass ( i like the sound of Vido more than Edifier p180) Edifier p180 is pretty good, i also own some Sony, Philips, Aiwa hp, and Panasonic with the same type, and how people can love it? crappy sound with no bass, bass is a must heve, its realistic to hear, Vido is my favorite earbuds, now im waiting to Yincrow rw-9 to arrive.

Jun 3, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #31,764 of 75,268
of how people can listen with balanced/ neutral/ you name it sound.. i mean this one has great bass ( i like the sound of Vido more than Edifier p180) Edifier p180 is pretty good, i also own some Sony, Philips, Aiwa hp, and Panasonic with the same type, and how people can love it? crappy sound with no bass, bass is a must heve, its realistic to hear, Vido is my favorite earbuds, now im waiting to Yincrow rw-9 to arrive.
You gave me a good chuckle!

Vido is zig zag kind of sig, up and down in various area's and obviously it is up in the sub bass.

Many people like close to neutral, doesn't mean ruler flat. Just means they like not too many peaks or dips which can be unnatural.

I like close to neutral, but slightly raised in mid bass and low mid vs sub bass (very slightly) and I like a raise in upper vocal for clarity and upper treble for air.

Everyone has their preference :)

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #31,767 of 75,268

The vido does the bass section so good that it can rival much higher priced buds. But once you do hear the much higher priced buds, you'll notice that it's not "all about the bass" and that vido does the mids, treble, soundstage, at just okay level... Heck, even a retuned/recabled vido would surprise you on what you're missing out from the stock vido.

Going up the price chain is a dangerous road for the wallet though :jecklinsmile: but if you do want to, i recommend the Willsound MK1 or MK2. It has vido level of bass, and a whole better SQ and build than the vido

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #31,768 of 75,268
I like listening to music. :wink:
I like experiencing music :wink:

Tends to be that little bit more enjoyable when I have earbuds I just cannot put away :)

All joking aside as long as we are enjoying it that’s all that matters.

Hey @seanc6441 how's that braided Masya cable working out for you?
Oh hey bud sorry forgot to reply I got it right after sending out yours. All good I’m actually thinking of buying some small paracord and shrink wrap to give it a new stealthy black look altogether!

Plus I like DIYing so it should be some fun :)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #31,769 of 75,268
Going up the price chain is a dangerous road for the wallet though :jecklinsmile: but if you do want to, i recommend the Willsound MK1 or MK2. It has vido level of bass, and a whole better SQ and build than the vido

Dangerous for the wallet, but good for the ears!

I have a hate/love relationship listening to the likes of you and pandaman (and, of course, his better half)

Of course, mostly love :)

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #31,770 of 75,268
Oh hey bud sorry forgot to reply I got it right after sending out yours. All good I’m actually thinking of buying some small paracord and shrink wrap to give it a new stealthy black look altogether!

Plus I like DIYing so it should be some fun :)

Sometimes Y is the best way to DI. :wink: Show us what that looks like if you get it done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back