Earbuds Round-Up
May 25, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #31,411 of 75,540
Beautifully built and have the sweetest mids I´ve heard so far: Varna Varna earbuds.

IMG_0635.JPG

May 25, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #31,413 of 75,540
WHAT? When you have time can you make a list with the name of your earphone from the best in your opinion to the "worst" please? Hahah:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Making a list like that is kinda pointless cus it will be so subjective. Moreover for these builder buds, it's more about being able to enjoy the different nuances of sound.
Eg : the varna and willsound. They're both warm and dynamic very fun, but varna has more body in the mids while willsound is more balanced. Is one better than the other? As per my preferences, not. :)

May 25, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #31,417 of 75,540
can you do a quick review of Yincrow RW-9 please?

RW-9 is probably best described as the mid ground between the more V-shaped sounding X6 and the slightly mid focus RW-777. It is still slightly V-shaped, but with a much better textured and detailed vocal range, making it the best belanced sound signature in the whole Yincrow lineup. While the overall SQ is about the same as RW-777 (which is about upper mid to lower high in my book), I actually prefer it over RW-777 as it is much more versatile when it comes to different music genres. All and all, I'll call it a win for Yincrow, especially since it is priced cheaper than RW-777.

May I know the taobao link of Z Acoustics 'DaoMaDan' (刀马旦) ?

【2018年老周平头耳塞耳机旗舰新品 刀马旦 盖世无双 AIR A8 MX980】http://m.tb.cn/h.WAf3xoG 点击链接,再选择浏览器打开;或复制这条信息¥mQdn0vkJPVW¥后打开淘宝[来自超级会员的分享]

May 25, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #31,418 of 75,540
Hi lads, an earbud newbie here... It took me a while to go through a couple hundred last pages of this thread and finally feel confident enough to ask.

I have some experience/preference of orthodynamic circumaurals and BA/hybrid IEMs and want to try earbuds. My primary sound preferences are soundstage (more specific: stage depth/positioning) and clarity/intelligibility. From the pages of this thread that I've went through I extrapolated that Masya and/or EBX might fit my liking, but I want to hear suggestions of earbud experts. Budget wise - EBX is already stretching it, Mojito is out of reach and Black Ling is science fiction.

So - where do I start? (Thanks in advance)

May 25, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #31,419 of 75,540
Making a list like that is kinda pointless cus it will be so subjective. Moreover for these builder buds, it's more about being able to enjoy the different nuances of sound.
Eg : the varna and willsound. They're both warm and dynamic very fun, but varna has more body in the mids while willsound is more balanced. Is one better than the other? As per my preferences, not. :)

Exactly my experience, Gugga!

May 25, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #31,420 of 75,540
Hi lads, an earbud newbie here... It took me a while to go through a couple hundred last pages of this thread and finally feel confident enough to ask.

I have some experience/preference of orthodynamic circumaurals and BA/hybrid IEMs and want to try earbuds. My primary sound preferences are soundstage (more specific: stage depth/positioning) and clarity/intelligibility. From the pages of this thread that I've went through I extrapolated that Masya and/or EBX might fit my liking, but I want to hear suggestions of earbud experts. Budget wise - EBX is already stretching it, Mojito is out of reach and Black Ling is science fiction.

So - where do I start? (Thanks in advance)
The Willsound buds are very popular on here at the moment $42 shipped inc tracking.

May 25, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #31,422 of 75,540
Thanks.

I suppose Mk2 would suit my preferences?
That depends, I personally prefer the mk.1rev2, not got quite so much mid-bass boost. It has more sub-bass

May 25, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #31,424 of 75,540
May 25, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #31,425 of 75,540

Users who are viewing this thread

Back