Earbuds Round-Up
May 23, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #31,292 of 75,871
Amp them and you´ll be amazed.

Actually my MK1 rev2 is hooked up to my desk amp at the moment...I left it to burn in overnight. I did burn it in for awhile when I got it but can't remember how long.

Last night I was using it with my Cayin N3 which is a powerful little dap. My Opus #1 and my Hidizs AP200 also have enough power for all but my higher impedence headphones.

May 23, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #31,293 of 75,871
Actually my MK1 rev2 is hooked up to my desk amp at the moment...I left it to burn in overnight. I did burn it in for awhile when I got it but can't remember how long.

Last night I was using it with my Cayin N3 which is a powerful little dap. My Opus #1 and my Hidizs AP200 also have enough power for all but my higher impedence headphones.

Good to see you enjoying the mk1 rev 2.

Did you manage to get the Varna to stop rattling? If not just try this - form a seal with your lips and blow air a little vigorously inwards into the driver. I've cured a few of my buds similarly. If nothing works, get in touch with Adhi, he's helpful.

May 23, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #31,294 of 75,871
Good to see you enjoying the mk1 rev 2.

Did you manage to get the Varna to stop rattling? If not just try this - form a seal with your lips and blow air a little vigorously inwards into the driver. I've cured a few of my buds similarly. If nothing works, get in touch with Adhi, he's helpful.

I have no idea what you mean. What is a Varna? What rattling?

Edit: I think I figured it out. @doggiemom had a problem with rattling. She and I are not the same person...but we do both love dogs...and buds:)

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #31,297 of 75,871
I recently got my MK2 rev. 2, and am hearing details in my music I never heard previously... awesome! For context, I've previously enjoyed budget buds that have a stronger low end, like the Vido, EMX-500, etc. so it's nice to hear something more balanced. However, after hearing people's thoughts on the MK1 rev 2-- and because I do like extra bass quantity without compromising elsewhere-- I'm also thinking about grabbing the MK1 rev 2 as well.

Does anyone have both the Fengru EMX-500s and the MK1 rev. 2? I want to know if the MK1 rev 2 is a worthy upgrade from the EMX-500s. I love the MK2 rev 2 to bits, but I want something that has even better bass with good treble and without a super recessed midrange. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that'd be great! I love the EMX-500s, but if the MK1 rev 2 or another bud can satisfy my craving for bass and clarity/detail I'm gonna jump on it.

May 23, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #31,298 of 75,871
I recently got my MK2 rev. 2, and am hearing details in my music I never heard previously... awesome! For context, I've previously enjoyed budget buds that have a stronger low end, like the Vido, EMX-500, etc. so it's nice to hear something more balanced. However, after hearing people's thoughts on the MK1 rev 2-- and because I do like extra bass quantity without compromising elsewhere-- I'm also thinking about grabbing the MK1 rev 2 as well.

Does anyone have both the Fengru EMX-500s and the MK1 rev. 2? I want to know if the MK1 rev 2 is a worthy upgrade from the EMX-500s. I love the MK2 rev 2 to bits, but I want something that has even better bass with good treble and without a super recessed midrange. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that'd be great! I love the EMX-500s, but if the MK1 rev 2 or another bud can satisfy my craving for bass and clarity/detail I'm gonna jump on it.

My exact sentiments! I too have the MK2 but want to also enjoy more bass and a bigger sound, so I'm looking to get the MK1 as well...

May 23, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #31,299 of 75,871
Hi, xiaomi has released an earbud with dual driver (moving coil and ceramic) with the same apple earbuds style. It has 3 function buttons.
Has someone tested it? price is about 15$
Sounds really interesting. Do you have a link?

May 23, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #31,301 of 75,871
is it true MK3 has the worst bass?
MK1 is the best?

I don't my MK3 back yet as Adhi is replacing mine due to a defect. I don't think the MK3 has the worst bass as I suspect the PK32 might have even lesser.

However, I can say that the MK3 is a warmer version of the MK2 from my very brief listening before I sent them back to Adhi.

May 23, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #31,302 of 75,871
is it true MK3 has the worst bass?
MK1 is the best?

not the worst, quality-wise they are all in the same level. but it does have the least amount compared to the other MKs and also the most balanced. for speedy music like metal and such it will do a better job than the MK1 and 2. i prefer big bass on the MK2 though.

May 23, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #31,303 of 75,871
I don't my MK3 back yet as Adhi is replacing mine due to a defect. I don't think the MK3 has the worst bass as I suspect the PK32 might have even lesser.

However, I can say that the MK3 is a warmer version of the MK2 from my very brief listening before I sent them back to Adhi.

the PK32 and MK3 are about the same bass amount, but the PK32 have a fuller midbass sound compared to the MK3

May 23, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #31,304 of 75,871
the PK32 and MK3 are about the same bass amount, but the PK32 have a fuller midbass sound compared to the MK3

That's very nice to hear, as I'm only sharing what Willy had conveyed to me before I ordered the PK32. I won't have both my MK3 and PK32 for another 2 weeks I suspect. Hopefully Adhi will ship them out by this week...

May 23, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #31,305 of 75,871
That's very nice to hear, as I'm only sharing what Willy had conveyed to me before I ordered the PK32. I won't have both my MK3 and PK32 for another 2 weeks I suspect. Hopefully Adhi will ship them out by this week...

the funny thing is I usually dislike earbuds that is too warm and too midbass heavy but this PK32 is a different story it sounds full without being congested, it's as detailed as the MKs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back