Earbuds Round-Up
May 23, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #31,306 of 75,272
the funny thing is I usually dislike earbuds that is too warm and too midbass heavy but this PK32 is a different story it sounds full without being congested, it's as detailed as the MKs.
Does the bass extend deep enough? To satisfy most genre other than EDM maybe?

I prefer a slightly arcing bass like a ‘mid bass bump’ but with some extension deep. I find this sounds punchy and full but if you can tune it just right it’s not bloated or overly thick.

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #31,307 of 75,272
Does the bass extend deep enough? To satisfy most genre other than EDM maybe?

I prefer a slightly arcing bass like a ‘mid bass bump’ but with some extension deep. I find this sounds punchy and full but if you can tune it just right it’s not bloated or overly thick.

using the sub bass sweep test, i can hear all the way to 20hz no problem with it.it reaches deep, but the midbass have a bit of a hump that makes them more prominent and warms up the overall sound

May 23, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #31,308 of 75,272
the funny thing is I usually dislike earbuds that is too warm and too midbass heavy but this PK32 is a different story it sounds full without being congested, it's as detailed as the MKs.

Usually earbuds that are especially warm and mid bass heavy tend to muddy the sound. If what you described is true, then it's quite a feat for Willy to tune it that way and still be detailed.

Now I'm really looking forward to receiving the PK32 to compare to the other MKs...

May 23, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #31,310 of 75,272
Usually earbuds that are especially warm and mid bass heavy tend to muddy the sound. If what you described is true, then it's quite a feat for Willy to tune it that way and still be detailed.

Now I'm really looking forward to receiving the PK32 to compare to the other MKs...

and that's coming from a guy who usually likes cold and thin mids :k701smile:
can't wait for you to get your PK32 too so we can compare our experience. remember to let it play a bit to loosen up the sound. it will get more effortless sound after a good few hours of play

May 23, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #31,312 of 75,272
May 23, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #31,313 of 75,272
Mk3 better than vido?

Are you asking "does the mk3 fit my preferences better than the vido?" (nobody but you can answer that one)

Or are you asking "is the mk3 technically better than the vido?". If so, which areas are you interested in?

May 23, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #31,314 of 75,272
bass volume? I'd say about the same

Interesting! To me, the vido's have a lot of bass (at least, mid bass).

In summary, how does the bass of the mk1's, mk2's and mk3's compare? I was getting the impression that in terms of bass amount: mk1 > mk2 > mk3. But maybe I have that wrong. If I have that right though, and if the mk3's have about the same amount of bass as the vido's, then the mk1's and mk2's must be bass cannons! Then again, the svara l is what I would consider to be a bass cannon, but the bass is so good, that I am completely addicted to it now lol

May 23, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #31,315 of 75,272

In summary, how does the bass of the mk1's, mk2's and mk3's compare? I was getting the impression that in terms of bass amount: mk1 > mk2 > mk3. But maybe I have that wrong. If I have that right though, and if the mk3's have about the same amount of bass as the vido's, then the mk1's and mk2's must be bass cannons! Then again, the svara l is what I would consider to be a bass cannon, but the bass is so good, that I am completely addicted to it now lol

you're right it is mk1 > mk2 > mk3 on bass amount
mind you the MK3 test unit is using thin foams, and also I'm always use my vido with thin foams.I'd say vido have a more boom on lower midbass, but on the subbass they're about the same class. they're not wholly and engulfing bass like the Svara though, which is a different beast altogether

May 23, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #31,316 of 75,272
you're right it is mk1 > mk2 > mk3 on bass amount
mind you the MK3 test unit is using thin foams, and also I'm always use my vido with thin foams.I'd say vido have a more boom on lower midbass, but on the subbass they're about the same class. they're not wholly and engulfing bass like the Svara though, which is a different beast altogether

Thanks. I wish someone had both the old Svara's (like you have) and the newer 32ohm ones like I have to compare. I think that yours are even beastlier than mine in the bass department!

May 23, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #31,319 of 75,272

You might want to consider Blur Black Panther too, though not strictly one of Wong’s Blur buds. It’s a Docomo that he has tuned to his type of sound. Compares nicely to and compliments my Willsound mk.1, but with a touch more air!

May 23, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #31,320 of 75,272
You might want to consider Blur Black Panther too, though not strictly one of Wong’s Blur buds. It’s a Docomo that he has tuned to his type of sound. Compares nicely to and compliments my Willsound mk.1, but with a touch more air!

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back