Earbuds Round-Up
May 12, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #30,976 of 75,400
Its not the cable just rubbing on the inside of the earpiece..?? I fair few of my buds do that with stiffer cables.
I don't think so, there is a definite rattle like something is loose. Only on one side.
That's sad! Did you try pressing the plastic face and blowing air inside the grill?

If that doesn't work, speak to Adhi to have it fixed by Varna Audio. You will have to cover shipping.

How do you find the sound on these?
No, but I will try that, thanks!

The cost and hassle of return shipping is too much...... will try to fix them, and if not just chalk it up to bad luck. I will keep the box though, it is neat.

I found the sound....... rattle - ey. I only listened for a couple of minutes and spent the whole time fiddling with them....... they came in the same package as a couple of Wilsounds, so were quickly set aside.

May 12, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #30,977 of 75,400

And finally, my K's Black Ling. Impressions to follow soon but needless to say it was a worthwhile stuggle to find the best SQ because they are amazing!

I'm looking forward to hear your impressions of the Black Ling :D

Its got something to do with where willy is, which is further inland than Adhi.

AFAIK, the shipping services from Indonesia is usually Post Indonesia which cost up to $25/piece (EMS is even more expensive). Therefore, I think it'd be best to open a groupbuy and order by batch for lower shipping fee.

May 12, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #30,978 of 75,400
I have not read this forum in a while... Can someone tell me if there are any newer models worth getting in a lower price bracket? From 20 to a 100... THis now is a runaway thread with 2000 pages and it is just to much info to process.. Greatly appreciate any help!

May 13, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #30,980 of 75,400
The thing I appreciate the most about Willy Jaya Lukito, Willsound maker, is that he never himself posts actively in forums. All the impressions and opinions posted are from people who bought and tried his earbuds. Hes pretty low key.

Also, adding to what Chinmie said - the Indonesian DIY scene is very active and competetive which might have an effect on the disparity in pricing. Either way, the sound of most of these Indonesian buds are more worthy of the price than a lot of the hyped expensive TOTL Chinese earbuds in the recent past. We all hear differently, and this is my opinion.

Just Paypaled Adhi for my lastes order of Willsound earbuds - Mk1 rev 1, mk3, mk300, pk32 - with this my willsound collection will be completed.

May 13, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #30,981 of 75,400
Anybody know how to get a zen lite shining?

May 13, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #30,982 of 75,400
Does anyone here have the SWD2 (non plus edition) and is able to give a comparison between that and some of the more modern TOTL's like the shozy bk or SWD2+?

I've managed to find a way to buy them from taobao and I'm considering it as they're a little more affordable than the shozybk/SWD2+. The only reviews that I've managed to find in this thread were that they have a neutral sound signature. Are the current TOTL's more competitive?

May 13, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #30,983 of 75,400
The thing I appreciate the most about Willy Jaya Lukito, Willsound maker, is that he never himself posts actively in forums. All the impressions and opinions posted are from people who bought and tried his earbuds. Hes pretty low key.

Also, adding to what Chinmie said - the Indonesian DIY scene is very active and competetive which might have an effect on the disparity in pricing. Either way, the sound of most of these Indonesian buds are more worthy of the price than a lot of the hyped expensive TOTL Chinese earbuds in the recent past. We all hear differently, and this is my opinion.

Just Paypaled Adhi for my lastes order of Willsound earbuds - Mk1 rev 1, mk3, mk300, pk32 - with this my willsound collection will be completed.

I really want to try the Indonesian earbuds but the shipping costs from Indonesia are really expensive! I emailed Adhi for a pk32 a while ago and he said he will have some ready in 2 weeks but I'm still not seeing them on his site

May 13, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #30,984 of 75,400
I really want to try the Indonesian earbuds but the shipping costs from Indonesia are really expensive! I emailed Adhi for a pk32 a while ago and he said he will have some ready in 2 weeks but I'm still not seeing them on his site

In that case he must be in the process of uploading the new stuff on his site. Combined shipping from Adhi works out cheap for me.

Btw, Wong Kuan Wae is the official distributor for Willsounds in Singapore.

May 13, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #30,985 of 75,400
Does anyone here have the SWD2 (non plus edition) and is able to give a comparison between that and some of the more modern TOTL's like the shozy bk or SWD2+?

I've managed to find a way to buy them from taobao and I'm considering it as they're a little more affordable than the shozybk/SWD2+. The only reviews that I've managed to find in this thread were that they have a neutral sound signature. Are the current TOTL's more competitive?

While the original SWD2 is excellent on its own right, it is not quite on the current ToTL level anymore. I'll call it somewhere between second flagship to an upper mid tier level, easily beats out 85% of what's out there and especially good if you are looking for an all-rounder.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #30,986 of 75,400

Nice please leave impressions of the PK32 (pk shell right?) vs the others especially the mk2. The MX500 shell used on the mk1-3 is what’s stopping me jumping on the Willsounds

May 13, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #30,987 of 75,400
While the original SWD2 is excellent on its own right, it is not quite on the current ToTL level anymore. I'll call it somewhere between second flagship to an upper mid tier level, easily beats out 85% of what's out there and especially good if you are looking for an all-rounder.
Nice I didn’t realise there was an original SW2. By the way I got my Black Ling sounding ‘right’ with the magic of thin monk thin foam inner AND thin aliexpress foam over it.

The sound now is just so balanced with a slight V shape. Airy treble sweet brighter mids and deep punchy bass. Not a hint if hollowness or odd tonality to be found now. Love this earbud.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #30,989 of 75,400
In that case he must be in the process of uploading the new stuff on his site. Combined shipping from Adhi works out cheap for me.

Btw, Wong Kuan Wae is the official distributor for Willsounds in Singapore.

Funny I was directed to purchase from Rholupat by Willsound even though I did mention I'm from SG... But it does matter as long as I get it from an official dealer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back