Earbuds Round-Up
May 13, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #31,006 of 75,308
I think punches above it's weight is over used .yeah I feel for my graphenes too.

Not sure how does wilsounds sound
Not sure if you're on the Earbuds Anonymous Facebook group. The willsounds have been a rage there since a year now, long before they appeared here. Quite a few over there seem to like them over their more expensive gears.

May 13, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #31,007 of 75,308
I think punches above it's weight is over used .yeah I feel for my graphenes too.

Not sure how does wilsounds sound

I prefer the MK2 than the Samsara. I sold my MX760 graphenes...so there

May 13, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #31,008 of 75,308
In that case he must be in the process of uploading the new stuff on his site. Combined shipping from Adhi works out cheap for me.

Btw, Wong Kuan Wae is the official distributor for Willsounds in Singapore.

Thank you for this. I have contacted him and he said he didn't have any stock for the pk32. He also said that he will have to check about bringing some in in the future. I have email Adhi again so we'll wait for his reply :)

May 13, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #31,009 of 75,308
Just ordered a pair of Blur Black Panthers, my Willsound mk.2 should be here soon and then I can compare them all to my Willsound mk.1 rev2

May 13, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #31,010 of 75,308
Same. How does one knows the shell used are bigger. Mx500 is too big for my ears
Heard on here a few pages back the Willsound PK32 uses Yuin shell which is much more comfortable than mx500 shell IMO. Smaller diameter slightly and more ergonomic design.

May 13, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #31,012 of 75,308
Yeah I finally got to test my PT15 and I like it. Best earbud for under $10-15 and much better tuning than diy graphene IMO.

I think mine is actually the newer PT15 with 4 vent from Nicehck, the bass isn't missing but does sound better with some EQ.

It does a slighty holographic imaging which is usually not seen in budget earbuds which was a pleasent surprise. Sounds come from all angles, although it's not as coherent as more expensive buds with similar imaging like my K's B Ling. It is however miles ahead of most earbuds in the budget range.

Only complaint is the vocals are slighty thin in the low mids, but not too much tbh.

Bass benefits from a modest EQ bump of 2db and sounds much fuller then.

The shell is comfortable, thin enough to sit snuggly in the ear and the diameter is about PK shell size. Slighty smaller than MX500 or MX760.

I can see why they are liked by chinmie! They are probably slightly better than my diy pk2 for all rounder use, I still consider tweaked pk2 better in vocals and overall resolution slightly but pt15 trashes stock diy pk2 sound.

Fir the price it's ridiculously good.

Edit: comparing my pt15 and my current pk2 setup I think it's pretty close... PT15 wins in bass being slighty deeper, pk2 wins in midrange, treble goes to pk2 also, soundstage/imaging to pt15.

Again in stock form its no contest, pk2 sounds boxy in low mids and overly dry and nasal in upper mids. But both in what I find to be their best forms it's neck to neck.

My older PT15 and my newest one has no difference in sound after a few hours of burning (straight ootb the newer one sounded more boxy). Even with different cables (both single ended) they both sound the same. Btw I put the same tape mod on both of them.

20180513_234140.jpg

I usually relegate one of them for bluetooth, and the other with a balanced cable.

Also i ordered this one, because @waynes world tempted me with the one vent so much, might as well get the flashy red one
1574584827255396642.jpg

May 13, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #31,013 of 75,308
Listening to Sufjan Stevens - All of me wants all of you, on the willsound mk2. The Soundstage is indefinite. The presentation is ethereal.

Now on Cradle of filths Hallowed be thy name, the guttral vocals and shrieks are superbly seperated from the rest of the music which is effortlessly presented without any congestion.

:)

May 13, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #31,014 of 75,308
I don’t know if it’s brain burn in or actual burn in (20 hours so far) but oh my do these K’s Ling sound PHENOMENAL with thin aliexpress foams ( after punching a centre hole for tighter bass). Gone is any hollowness I was experiencing before.

Everything is so energetic and punchy, this earbud is definitely not for the treble sensitivie but where I found the graphenes slightly irritating and harsh, these are smooth and bright up top and full and deep down low.

Easily the most ‘full size headphone’ I’ve experienced in an earbud, I actually think I prefer the soundstage on this than my Mojito. Almost as wide, but more depth and layering, everything is playing around you at different positions keeping you very engaged in the music.

Best earbud by far for my favourite Radiohead albums (radiohead sounds dull on lesser gear with more 2D soundstage I feel the albums are mastered for higher fidelity gear) and now all the small nuances are alive in the music.

The driver is extremely quick in decay despite the bassy presence. With regular full foams it takes on a normal speed and smooth nature but with the thin foams it becomes slightly more aggressive and quick. For now I’m preferring the thinner foams.

image.jpg

As you see I’ve marked R L with coloured electrical tape, but actually there is a tiny little dimple on one stem to indicate right incase you don’t feel like using coloured foams or tape.

Overall I’m quite happy with my purchase, I probably wouldn’t spend the RRP of $250 on it simply because it’s a big investment for me but at the sale price I paid around $190-200 and I’m just about pleased with the performance for the price.

Although honestly I cannot ‘recommend’ spending that much if you cannot afford that. I’m just a little crazy maybe and wanted to sample some of the best earbuds. But if you have the money I do think this earbud is a worthy choice.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #31,015 of 75,308
I don’t know if it’s brain burn in or actual burn in (20 hours so far) but oh my do these K’s Ling sound PHENOMENAL with thin aliexpress foams ( after punching a centre hole for tighter bass). Gone is any hollowness I was experiencing before.

Everything is so energetic and punchy, this earbud is definitely not for the treble sensitivie but where I found the graphenes slightly irritating and harsh, these are smooth and bright up top and full and deep down low.

Easily the most ‘full size headphone’ I’ve experienced in an earbud, I actually think I prefer the soundstage on this than my Mojito. Almost as wide, but more depth and layering, everything is playing around you at different positions keeping you very engaged in the music.

Best earbud by far for my favourite Radiohead albums (radiohead sounds dull on lesser gear with more 2D soundstage I feel the albums are mastered for higher fidelity gear) and now all the small nuances are alive in the music.

The driver is extremely quick in decay despite the bassy presence. With regular full foams it takes on a normal speed and smooth nature but with the thin foams it becomes slightly more aggressive and quick. For now I’m preferring the thinner foams.

As you see I’ve marked R L with coloured electrical tape, but actually there is a tiny little dimple on one stem to indicate right incase you don’t feel like using coloured foams or tape.

Overall I’m quite happy with my purchase, I probably wouldn’t spend the RRP of $250 on it simply because it’s a big investment for me but at the sale price I paid around $190-200 and I’m just about pleased with the performance for the price.

Although honestly I cannot ‘recommend’ spending that much if you cannot afford that. I’m just a little crazy maybe and wanted to sample some of the best earbuds. But if you have the money I do think this earbud is a worthy choice.

Hi Sean, where do you rate K's Ling in comparison with Masya / Shozy Bk & BS1?? ....recently been using Faaeal Narcissus (300ohm) - still kinda tempted to try out another TOTL pair (maybe the BS1 official....)

May 13, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #31,016 of 75,308
In that case he must be in the process of uploading the new stuff on his site. Combined shipping from Adhi works out cheap for me.

Btw, Wong Kuan Wae is the official distributor for Willsounds in Singapore.

Any info on Malaysian distributors? Interested to purchase the MK2 as upgrades to my NiceHCK graphenes (already tried contacting a bukalapak seller, hopefully he replies)

Also would welcome anyone with suggestions on what would be a good upgrade to them, I love a bright sound sig with soundstage and clarity the main priority.

Budget would be around USD$60-ish, but since I can maybe get stuff cheaper directly from China or Indonesia, that would skew the pricing up a bit.

May 13, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #31,017 of 75,308
Hi Sean, where do you rate K's Ling in comparison with Masya / Shozy Bk & BS1?? ....recently been using Faaeal Narcissus (300ohm) - still kinda tempted to try out another TOTL pair (maybe the BS1 official....)
Sound wise they are quite similar to my BS1 official in the mids, but with deeper punchier bass and more treble extension and sparkle. So if the BS1 is balanced-slighty mid centric. These are balanced to slightly V shaped.

I personally rate the BS1 mids very highly so I do not consider them a downgrade to these black lings in vocals and mids. Both have 9/10 mids IMO.

Bass is still punchy on the BS1 but it's not in the same league as these Lings, few earbuds are though! I found the BS1 does respond well to some mild EQing in the bass though, indicating the bass quality is good.

Treble is of high quality on the bs1 but the ling just extends further. Both are very smooth and airy.

Soundstage while medium large on the BS1 (worn over ear), is slighty more upfront than the very spacious Ling. I wouldn't say either will struggle for space but the Ling gets you closer to full size headphone staging.

Imaging while accurate on the BS1 with good layering and good separation, doesn't do the same magic as I'm hearing with the Ling. The Ling seems to present precisely from all angles around the head. Very holographic 3D sounding. This may be it's defining feature other than the outstanding extension on both ends.

The attack or decay is faster on the Ling, although the BS1 is no slouch the Ling will handle fast EDM and Metal with ease. Never getting congested.

So yeah the Ling is one step up, but the BS1 can keep up for vocals and mid range quality and all round is an excellent earbud IMO. Heavy cable issues and fit issues aside of course, but I fixed both with over ear use and testing a multitude of foams to get the best balance of sound.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #31,018 of 75,308
About the Masya it's pretty close overall but I think the BS1 slightly edges it on coherancy of the single driver and on detail retrieval. Although both are good buys the BS1 is better value for money IMO.

About the BK, I don't have it on hand right now but long story short I'll have it back in a month or so with a 2.5mm ttrs cable :)

From memory I'll say it's too different a tuning to compare directly. The Ling will WOW you more with its extension and tasteful V signature but the BK has the lovely linear slighty low mid centric quality and natural analog tonality to it that I loved on first listen.

The Ling is technically slighty better Id say as I remember the BK and BS1 being somewhat close in overall quality but really it comes down to your music and sound sig preference.

If I'm listening to laid back vocals, 60-80s pop- rock or acoustic and instrumental I'm grabbing the BK for sure. If I'm after some Classical or Jazz I'll take the Mojito. For everything else the Ling, actually the Ling sounds phenomenal with Jazz too so there's that haha.

The BS1 can do all genres too but it lacks the bass extension to really wow with deep bass. But if you EQ it it becomes respectable in sub bass and overall a great all rounder.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #31,019 of 75,308
The sound of "Creative Aurvana Air" is bright, vivid, slightly hard, glossy and very clear.
Even though the sound line is thin, there is thickness, extremely high resolution, bright, clear and vivid sound, good quality and massive bass.
It is super high sound quality earphone.
Resolution, sound field feeling is the highest level in Earbuds.
In a wide sound field, within it, each instrument gets split up splendidly.
The resolution is also very high, there is no dissatisfaction point at all.
The sound is easy to hear, the sharpness is good and the extra sound does not sound.
Still, I feel that there is enough amount of information.

The low range has very high quality and rich sense of volume, it is a tight sound.
The mid range has clear, glossy, somewhat hard, bright feeling, but also sibilant can be heard without discomfort without pain.
The high range is somewhat hard, accompanied by metallic sound. The elongation of the high range is quite good.
Depending on the song, the high range is glittery and comfortable.

In order to avoid slightly hard sound, please wear it with thick foam ear pads and donuts pad.

The ear hook makes bass weak, and itbecomes complicated at the time of wearing, so remove itt. A trick goes in how to remove it.
Wrap a wide rubber band around the part of the screw that holds the ear hook on the back side of the housing and turn it counterclockwise together with the rubber band to remove the screw.
Nevertheless, it is necessary to turn the rubber bands with pliers and rotate it or to bite the teeth and rotate it.

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

The purchase place is below.

Amazon (USA):
https://www.amazon.com/Creative-earhook-earphone-Aurvana-EP-AVNAIR/dp/B002HK3K2G/

Creative Technology (USA):
https://us.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/aurvana-air

Creative Technology (UK):
https://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/aurvana-air

Creative Technology (Singapore):
https://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/aurvana-air

Creative Technology (Japan):
http://jp.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/aurvana-air

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back