Earbuds Round-Up
May 14, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #31,037 of 75,146
May 14, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #31,038 of 75,146
Just received today my NiceHCK DIY PK2, and couldn't resist for a quick first listen to work with VE full extra thin foams, but was immediately disapointed by the sound. Nothing extraordinary, absolutely no "wow" effect, thin soundstage, absolutely no bass (no need to tell for sub-bass.), only vocals and highs looks ok (even if could do things much better).
As they sound out of the box, I guess they even don't deserve to get on my burning desk, as I really doubt they will change with time.
Definitely, Willsound MK2/MK1 sounds like a TOTL compared to these. Outch! :frowning2:

May 14, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #31,039 of 75,146
I can't speak for the EBX's, but I find the Svara L's to be very comfortable. Prior to getting them, I could never wear earbuds over ear, but the Svara L's work very well over ear. And they look very cool (I feel like I am wearing designer earbudware lol). The only downside for me is that I can't use them when falling asleep (which is probably a good thing so that I don't destroy them).
For me the Svara-L is not uncomfortable, but it simply doesn't fit my ear because of the size.

May 14, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #31,041 of 75,146
The Ling sounds like my pint of beer!
Yes. Infact it’s hard to call between balanced and V shaped. Feels like it adapts to the music in question at times :D

Well a few more pints if you look at the price

But only the cheap stuff because you won’t be able to afford it after your purchase :p

May 14, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #31,042 of 75,146
Just received today my NiceHCK DIY PK2, and couldn't resist for a quick first listen to work with VE full extra thin foams, but was immediately disapointed by the sound. Nothing extraordinary, absolutely no "wow" effect, thin soundstage, absolutely no bass (no need to tell for sub-bass.), only vocals and highs looks ok (even if could do things much better).
As they sound out of the box, I guess they even don't deserve to get on my burning desk, as I really doubt they will change with time.
Definitely, Willsound MK2/MK1 sounds like a TOTL compared to these. Outch! :frowning2:
I did try warn people that they don’t sound good with stock foams. I use mine with modded foams that involves some cutting and my pair is burned in for maybe 50+ hours. They sound good to my ears maybe slightly less well rounded than the PT15 but I’ve only just discovered that sound and i think its the best under $20 for all round use.

May 14, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #31,043 of 75,146
So, my love affair with Willsound buds progresses.......
Just received the Willsound mk.2 ootb they’re impressive. Strangely I find that if alternate between the mk.1 and mk.2 I need a couple of clicks more volume on the mk.1??? I thought both were 32ohm?
Mk.1 definitely has deeper bass, whereas mk.2 seems to have a bit more in the mid-bass. Mk.1 seems to have a slightly bigger soundstage, but mk.2 only has about 30 mins burning in.

F2132A8C-6F18-464A-9A81-15067D4349F3.jpeg

May 14, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #31,044 of 75,146

Hey man, try and give earbuds / new gear a week's time after receiving to allow the sound to open up and also for your ears to reset from the sound of the gear in use.

Coming right after the mk2 rev 2 it's no surprise that you find the pk2 lacking. The mk2 have a very musical sound whereas the pk2 are kinda analouge and dry. The pk2 need burn in, lotsa burnnnn !

May 14, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #31,045 of 75,146
I did try warn people that they don’t sound good with stock foams. I use mine with modded foams that involves some cutting and my pair is burned in for maybe 50+ hours. They sound good to my ears maybe slightly less well rounded than the PT15 but I’ve only just discovered that sound and i think its the best under $20 for all round use.
Here’s a good example of a relatively easy foam to cut and makes the pk2 much better sounding.
image.jpg

VE donut, with a few cuts on 5 sides to make a sort of star shape. The cuts basically just to allow more treble through than stock think donut. If you have these foams I’ll show you how I cut it with a picture. This was fairly easy to cut.

May 14, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #31,047 of 75,146
Ok for PK2 will try these tips, and give some burn'in, let's see in few days :) thanks
oh and don’t be afraid to apply strong EQ if you’re source can do it. I applied a big U shape EQ as shown and after that it sounds like most earbuds in bass and treble... By default these are overly mid centric and boxy sounding.

60F49C02-2385-4023-BC60-B6B65917EFC9.png

With these mods and EQ its like normal earbud but with very detailed vocals.

May 14, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #31,049 of 75,146
If your ears can fit them, i would prefer MX500 style shell than Yuins everytime. The Yuin shell will always lacking extention in the lowest bass and highest treble.. Not to say it's not possible (I've heard modded yuin shell that have big subbass, for instance), but still, given the same treatment, the MX500 shell would just have a better potential because of the bigger body.

The only argument that i would choose yuins is for nicer and more flush fitting

May 14, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #31,050 of 75,146
congrats, that right there are two of my favorites too

the EMX500 have deeper and bigger bass

But pt15 owna graphene but

Sounds like what ToTL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back