Earbuds Round-Up
May 11, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #30,946 of 75,451
You need to know the max volume you can take at home/work and apply this volume when you're outdoors. my 2 cts
I only use earbuds at work though. I've actually never used anything when outdoors.

May 11, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #30,947 of 75,451
Used Lyra Classic was kind of tempting..

m8AQRUb.jpg

May 11, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #30,948 of 75,451
I really am surprised how well my kinera earbuds hold up to the willsounds. While its slightly brighter, and less bass..I swear with my usual bass EQ, the texture of the biocellulose driver comes out wholeheartedly. Especially considering that im used to the biocellulose driver from my th-x00 ebony. The soundstage is enormous for a pk shell bud, and the fit is great of course. I also love the looks of this bud...a low key sparkly green that sheens red. Exactly like a famous ink from the fountain pen world, Organic Studio Walden pond.

it makes me kind of sad that kinera decided to not pursue earbuds after making this limited bud that the majority of people will never get to try. There were posters preferring the kineras even over a shozy BK...dont know about that, but my goodness, these buds were great for the price as an entire package, for $22?

only bad thing about them...other than the QC issues, is that they are insanely hard to drive for a 12 ohm. bud! I'm pretty sure they take more of my volume knob than my th-x00 ebony, and about the same as k's 300 pro. I wanted to give these to my mom, but she'll need an amp too :)

May 11, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #30,949 of 75,451
Just got these in - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...arphone-HiFi-Bass-Earbuds-DJ/32841881186.html

RTxjPgR.jpg

first mx500 type shell in quite a while, and still am not a fan of the fit. Don't enjoy the cable much either. The sound though is quite impressive, though I have no other cheap buds in this price range (at least from sellers that are unbanned) to compare. Always impressed at the bass some of these cheap buds are able to put out.

Anyway perhaps nothing too unique, as the number of "cheap & good mx500 earbuds" seems to be quite high, but not a bad addition to that list.

May 11, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #30,950 of 75,451
I really am surprised how well my kinera earbuds hold up to the willsounds. While its slightly brighter, and less bass..I swear with my usual bass EQ, the texture of the biocellulose driver comes out wholeheartedly. Especially considering that im used to the biocellulose driver from my th-x00 ebony. The soundstage is enormous for a pk shell bud, and the fit is great of course. I also love the looks of this bud...a low key sparkly green that sheens red. Exactly like a famous ink from the fountain pen world, Organic Studio Walden pond.

it makes me kind of sad that kinera decided to not pursue earbuds after making this limited bud that the majority of people will never get to try. There were posters preferring the kineras even over a shozy BK...dont know about that, but my goodness, these buds were great for the price as an entire package, for $22?

only bad thing about them...other than the QC issues, is that they are insanely hard to drive for a 12 ohm. bud! I'm pretty sure they take more of my volume knob than my th-x00 ebony, and about the same as k's 300 pro. I wanted to give these to my mom, but she'll need an amp too :)

Maybe it's just me, but the Kinera and the BS1 are underwhelming to me, but many people love them, so i guess it's just my personal taste only

May 11, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #30,951 of 75,451
Maybe it's just me, but the Kinera and the BS1 are underwhelming to me, but many people love them, so i guess it's just my personal taste only
Can be that and different ears so the reflection of sound is different for everyone.

I have some earbuds that sound good effortlessly regardless of people position and with many different foams. But there’s some that take quite a bit of trial and error.

I was considering selling on my new Black Ling because I was reaching a dead end with its tonality being weird to my ears but I finally found a good match today and it’s music to my ears now and I cannot put them away... I guess it’s both the blessing and curse of earbuds being so easily tuneable.

Currently running my BS1 on my V20 with modded heigi foam and using an EQ to bump 1-2db of bass boost... Still enjoying how well rounded and sweet it sounds. But as I said before it’s one of my most finicky buds for SQ but when it’s right it sounds so good for this price range.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #30,952 of 75,451

Forget about wilsound , they practise price disparity

May 12, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #30,953 of 75,451
May 12, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #30,954 of 75,451
Forget about wilsound , they practise price disparity
I don’t follow, my mk.1 cost the same as my mk.2 and I consider them to be good value for what I paid.

???

May 12, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #30,955 of 75,451

Think he meant for domestic (Indonesia) their prices are quite a bit lower than when sold to the international market, thus causing a "disparity" in their prices.

It's actually quite common for some local branded goods to be priced that way, likely due to dealer mark-ups (they too need to earn as a business) and higher international shipping rates.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #30,957 of 75,451
Think he meant for domestic (Indonesia) their prices are quite a bit lower than when sold to the international market, thus causing a "disparity" in their prices.

It's actually quite common for some local branded goods to be priced that way, likely due to dealer mark-ups (they too need to earn as a business) and higher international shipping rates.

@snip3r77 all of the Indonesian earbuds on rholupat are sold higher than domestically, that would be rholupat's decision, not the seller's. you could try contacting the individual builder directly, maybe they can facilitate sending internationally, but from what i know they live on small town in Indonesia and they usually don't know how (or don't want to be bothered) with international shipping. that's where Rholupat comes in.. and rholupat doesn't really sell things domestically. i once contacted adhi (rholupat's owner) to buy the Red Demun because Adhi lives in the same city as me.. and when we met, he said i was the first Indonesian who purchased from him.

if you buy in indonesia, some builder like Willsound even would give you money back guarantee, no questions asked for 7 days or more (even if you just don't like the sound)

besides, domestic pricing are a common practice in south east asia (well other places too) for goods and tourist destinations.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #30,960 of 75,451

Ooh yes , very pleasing sound. Especially vocals.
Love the cable, not the mx500 shells but to some they are comfortable :)

The overall look is pretty great though! If they sound as vibrant as they look they will impress haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back