Earbuds Round-Up
May 8, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #30,916 of 75,789
1st Quad Driver Earbuds ever!

IMG_20180508_223727.jpg
IMG_20180508_223727.jpg
IMG_20180508_223727.jpg

May 8, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #30,917 of 75,789
Okay, listening to the Liebesleid with the Aliexpress thin foams and an EQ in the bass.

Why do I keep forgetting I can do this?!
(I rarely EQ, that's why...)

The huge soundstage and air of the thin foams + the detailed highs and effortless female voices of the Liebesleid + the added bass EQ = exactly what I was looking for! Classical and instrumental music no longer sound too thin or congested by thicker foams.

Honestly, I can get use to the lighter bass after a few listens, but when you have background noise, it tends to be the first thing that gets drowned out. I may keep these after all now. Now I remember why I had the urge to re-buy these in the first place, because these sounded like a mini-HD800S to me.

The only downside now is that I've gotten accustomed to having sweet isolation from an IEM, but this price point is much more tolerable on my wallet (especially considering how much the Oriolus mk2 I paid goes for).

May 8, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #30,918 of 75,789
For. Those. Who managed to buy t-music v2, how to bypass the shipping charges? I can't change from ems to free. The shipping charges is driving me crazy. Using AE app on android.

May 8, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #30,919 of 75,789
For. Those. Who managed to buy t-music v2, how to bypass the shipping charges? I can't change from ems to free. The shipping charges is driving me crazy. Using AE app on android.

I wanted t-music v2 but did not buy them because there was no free shipping to the UK... it was a really high shipping cost...$32! I don't know why they can ship free to the US but not here.

May 8, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #30,920 of 75,789
So I would say my faael 64s have had plenty of burn in. Result is something that is relatively neutral, leaving to mid centric... A touch light on bass for my tastes but the rest of range is very smooth, wide soundstage, holographically decent, good separation.... Awesome, especially for the price!

But a pain in the ear because my ears are not emx500 shaped or sized...

So... Out comes the file and eventually, finally a heated needle.

The result, custom shaped to take out all the hot spots that the original wheels created, slightly smaller diameter for more flexibility, extra port for deeper bass...

Right now I'm wearing it with donut and full cover on top for 1.5layers. I was wearing it with just the donuts and that was great but thought I would give this a try..

Happy ears!!!

20180508_162421.jpg

May 8, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #30,921 of 75,789
Okay, listening to the Liebesleid with the Aliexpress thin foams and an EQ in the bass.

Why do I keep forgetting I can do this?!
(I rarely EQ, that's why...)

The huge soundstage and air of the thin foams + the detailed highs and effortless female voices of the Liebesleid + the added bass EQ = exactly what I was looking for! Classical and instrumental music no longer sound too thin or congested by thicker foams.

Honestly, I can get use to the lighter bass after a few listens, but when you have background noise, it tends to be the first thing that gets drowned out. I may keep these after all now. Now I remember why I had the urge to re-buy these in the first place, because these sounded like a mini-HD800S to me.

The only downside now is that I've gotten accustomed to having sweet isolation from an IEM, but this price point is much more tolerable on my wallet (especially considering how much the Oriolus mk2 I paid goes for).

It does take bass boosting quite well. I also do it all the time with it. Like i always say, it's hard to boost treble to add presence, and the Liebesleid have a treble quality that i haven't found in other earbuds. Adding bass is easier

If you really like the Liebesleid but want to have the isolation of an iem, try the Moondrop A4, or cheaper one; the Tinaudio T2.

May 9, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #30,929 of 75,789
May 9, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #30,930 of 75,789
What do you have on delivery? :D

I agree - painful. I have a balanced cable coming that has been lost over the Pacific for the last 2 weeks. And a MK2 on the way. And now I might have to order and wait for another Graphene (old $29) since I sleep with them and they finally balked at the abuse :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back