Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 24, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #30,541 of 75,873
I'm supposed to be shopping for in ears, but you guys are making this hard lol.

You don't need in-ears (although that's what I use 95% of the time)...

These are actually quite incredible, a little HD600 like in their sound signature but with better detail retrieval in my opinion. Excellent bass response for an earbud, and just very enjoyable.

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #30,542 of 75,873
You don't need in-ears (although that's what I use 95% of the time)...

These are actually quite incredible, a little HD600 like in their sound signature but with better detail retrieval in my opinion. Excellent bass response for an earbud, and just very enjoyable.

What earbuds are those and how much do rhey cost. Any impressions or links , tia.

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #30,543 of 75,873
Apr 24, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #30,545 of 75,873
Cost an arm and a leg :D

cost an arm and leg.gif

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #30,548 of 75,873
Hi All

So I just got my two 64ohm earbuds... Faael 64ohm and Seahf AWK-F64.

Initial impressions... Faael 64 compared to the Seahf awk-f64, and vice-versa

Faael 64ohm - seem very mid-forward, more depth but less soundstage, very textured and detailed, less sub bass, more neutral (?)
AWK-F64 - more of a 'recessed' sounds, wider soundstage but less depth, textures and details are there but perhaps less 'exaggerated' than the Faael(?), sub extend nice and low....smooth! , slight v-shape

At this point, the AWK-F64 seems to fit my preference more in terms of sound signature, but I know there are a lot of Faael fans out there... I will continue to listen and compare after burn-in period...

Thanks to all the bad influence around here... :p

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #30,549 of 75,873
Apr 24, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #30,551 of 75,873
How's the trebel on those compared to the willsound? Is it very extended or cold? How's the soundstage etc.
Really like the look of the ebx but stayed away cus i can't take extended or sibilant trebel, maybe I've inferred the few impressions i read wrongly.

It’s extended frequentially but clean.
The highs are there but never sibilant.
Don’t know what the specs are but I’m not hearing anything that indicates that these don’t have extremely low distortion. They are very clear.
I do use eq sometimes and if the buds aren’t great, they respond sloppily and will reveal their lack of detail. These don’t do that.
They are incredibly detailed from deep low to airy highs, especially for the money.
I love the natural but beefy nature of the willsound but they don’t have quite the detail of the ebx available, especially up top.
I always want to have earbuds with clean and transparent sig but the willsound is pretty much the first bud that, while isn’t that, I enjoy immensely for its analog vibey goodness right out of the box (and getting better).
I really can’t think of anything i like as much as these mk2’s that cost 2 or even 3 times as much.
There is the potential challenge of fit with the EBX. It’s big.
I’m lucky to have large ear canals so I feel it’s easier for me to find the right placement,
which sounds worlds apart from even slightly off placement.
I played around with foams. Thick donuts tamed the highs and beefed up the low end somewhat. I now use monk thins and to get a more “fun” sound, use the radsone eq to roll off everything above 6k by 2-3db and boost below 60hz by about the same.
It’s still clear but “fun”.

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #30,552 of 75,873
Hey! Clieos finally jumped on the emx500 hype train! How do you find them? Also do you happen to know any insight on these, who makes them and so on?

I reckon they are about upper mid tier in SQ and quite the performer consider their low price. Did try to find out who build them but still have no clue so far.

Apr 25, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #30,553 of 75,873
It’s extended frequentially but clean.
The highs are there but never sibilant.
Don’t know what the specs are but I’m not hearing anything that indicates that these don’t have extremely low distortion. They are very clear.
I do use eq sometimes and if the buds aren’t great, they respond sloppily and will reveal their lack of detail. These don’t do that.
They are incredibly detailed from deep low to airy highs, especially for the money.
I love the natural but beefy nature of the willsound but they don’t have quite the detail of the ebx available, especially up top.
I always want to have earbuds with clean and transparent sig but the willsound is pretty much the first bud that, while isn’t that, I enjoy immensely for its analog vibey goodness right out of the box (and getting better).
I really can’t think of anything i like as much as these mk2’s that cost 2 or even 3 times as much.
There is the potential challenge of fit with the EBX. It’s big.
I’m lucky to have large ear canals so I feel it’s easier for me to find the right placement,
which sounds worlds apart from even slightly off placement.
I played around with foams. Thick donuts tamed the highs and beefed up the low end somewhat. I now use monk thins and to get a more “fun” sound, use the radsone eq to roll off everything above 6k by 2-3db and boost below 60hz by about the same.
It’s still clear but “fun”.

Ok, now I'm liking one of your mk2 hyping posts!
(you're hyping the mk2's over the much more expensive ebx - thank you!)

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #30,555 of 75,873
Ok, now I'm liking one of your mk2 hyping posts!
(you're hyping the mk2's over the much more expensive ebx - thank you!)

I'm going to hype you to the moon by saying this : i prefer the MK2 than the samsara, and even the poseidon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back