Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 29, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #29,566 of 75,250
Nope they don't! TO400s looks really nice a steal for the price, got one myself. Act quick before the sale ends :)

I didn't buy anything on this sale, because I already spend my budget on a DFR, Zen 2, and Asura 1 package deal. Almost bought the TO400, but my friend already purchased it on a whim. I'll wait and take it from his hands if it turns out great and he's bored with it :jecklinsmile:

Mar 29, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #29,568 of 75,250
Thanks! A helpful person just pointed me in the direction of the Svara L (for electronic, rock), so I am now looking into them as well (for $58). Something must be bought before this sale is over lol!

Now this i recommend. A bit smoothed out on the mids and treble, but that warm bass and enveloping soundstage is addictive. One of my favourite

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #29,570 of 75,250
maybe this is out of topic from earbud , but in wanna hear your guys opinion about it. i have a zishan z1 which have 100 ohm output impedance (correct me if im wrong with the specification) , what if im using low impedance cans lets say earbud which have 16 or 32 ohm with 106 dB/mW sensitivity , does it any effect to drive my earbud with high output impedance player like zishan z1? im worry it cause negative effect in long term like imbalance for my earbud or it may damaging my cans , thank you in advance.

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #29,571 of 75,250
Toneking TO400s, NiceHck EBX, Svara L

would you mind a quick comparison between the 3, and throw in the Wilsound Mk2 while you're at it. if you had to pick one that was the most versatile with most genres, which one would it be? deepest bass (not necessarily the most)? sweetest midrange? biggest soundstage? which one sounds closest to a full size can? would you say any of them sound "better" than some of your ~100$ iems, like the Kinera or Magaosi or Pioneers? going a bit further, do you think any earbud that you have would favourably compare to something like the K712?

sorry for all the questions, still deciding if i want to enter the earbud game after i pretty much "finalized" my IEM lineup :)

@ctaxxxx if you heard any of the above, how would you compare them to the iBasso IT01?

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #29,572 of 75,250
Thank you for the advice so far everyone. I'm very pleased to know that decent earbuds are being produced as I was unable to find any good ones on Amazon or in brick and mortar shops. With the summer heat coming up will definitely get one. om Ali express my best bet? I live in the UK and some of the delivery times quoted are pretty long!

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #29,573 of 75,250
Toneking TO400s is the new kid on the block, graphene drivers, energetic akin to the grado sound but with great bass, Svara L great for rock, metal, indie music. NiceHck EBX sounds great whatever you throw at it. These are all metal earbuds I wear Svara L and EBX over ear, the Toneking TO400s hanging down. The Willsound Mk2 is a current favourite of mine, light, comfortable with a warm signature and sounds like a full size headphone

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #29,575 of 75,250
Toneking TO400s is the new kid on the block, graphene drivers, energetic akin to the grado sound but with great bass, Svara L great for rock, metal, indie music. NiceHck EBX sounds great whatever you throw at it. These are all metal earbuds I wear Svara L and EBX over ear, the Toneking TO400s hanging down. The Willsound Mk2 is a current favourite of mine, light, comfortable with a warm signature and sounds like a full size headphone

You're killing me with all of these good recommendations lol! And the Willsound Mk2's are only $38 I see. Hmm!

I was also recommended the K's 300 Samsara. Somewhat out of my price range at $93 (50% discount), nevertheless I'm intrigued...

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #29,576 of 75,250
Thanks! A helpful person just pointed me in the direction of the Svara L (for electronic, rock), so I am now looking into them as well (for $58). Something must be bought before this sale is over lol!
I thought the svara was a bit dark and rolled off sounding in the treble if I’m not mistaken? You seem to love treble in your graphene’s and such. Although maybe I read into that wrong^^

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #29,577 of 75,250
At 400 ohms can that be driven out of the ops source? Did not say what he's using?
Hmm I’m not sure, the sensitivity is 123db though, quite high. Hungry Panda was powering them with a dap (lotoo paw 5000) at 40-50% on the volume level.

Thank you for the advice so far everyone. I'm very pleased to know that decent earbuds are being produced as I was unable to find any good ones on Amazon or in brick and mortar shops. With the summer heat coming up will definitely get one. om Ali express my best bet? I live in the UK and some of the delivery times quoted are pretty long!

Aliexpress within the next day or two as the sale is currently on and these TOTL earbuds like the Ling series etc are greatly reduced in price (30-50% in some cases)

Long wait yes, but definitely worth it :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #29,578 of 75,250
The Svara L is a deep dark powerhouse, I'm listening to Marillion's Afraid of Sunlight album with them right now and am being bashed around the ears :)

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #29,579 of 75,250
The Svara L is a deep dark powerhouse, I'm listening to Marillion's Afraid of Sunlight album with them right now and am being bashed around the ears :)

Sure, go ahead and throw in some Marillion to further entice me!

Mar 29, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #29,580 of 75,250

Btw do you have the older 100ohm version, or the newer 32ohm version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back